“Love this hotel!”

Conrad Centennial Singapore
Ranked #21 of 319 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Stayed at Conrad Centennial Hotel for 4 times between 2012 to 2013... All I've to say is I love everything about this hotel, from the room to bathroom.. and the service standard as well as the breakfast. I've say that the service standard at Oscar had improved so much.. my first visit was in July 2012, i wrote a feedback letter to speak about the breakfast service.. However, on my 2nd visit onwards in January 2013, the service has improved alot.. Bruce from Front Office was always very helpful.. Was attended by him during my check-in for two times and he is always very very helpful..

Room Tip: the rooms are okay for both side, just depending on the view you are getting!!!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
CC_Sing, General Manager at Conrad Centennial Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Dear thbellevue,

Your regular patronage is important to us and it is always a pleasure to be of service to you!

I am delighted that the service delivered by my team has contributed towards your positive experiences in your recent stays with us. Your constructive feedback has indeed helped us to focus on the areas of improvement and the fact that you noticed an overall improvement, especially at Oscar's gives my team a sense of achievement. We have also passed on your compliments to Bruce and he as well as the rest of the team constantly strive to deliver the best personalised service every guest deserves.

Thank you for your warm review. As always, we look forward to welcoming you back and continue to be at your service.

Heinrich Grafe

Write a ReviewReviews (4,674)

Reviewed May 22, 2013

I have to admit to being a bit out of it when I checked in - I had been in the air 20 hours (New York to Singapore with a stop in Frankfurt, Germany - see my review of Singapore Airlines) then went right into an all day meeting. To say I was tired when I checked in is an understatement, even though I was able to sleep on the plane.

The staff was friendly and helpful. I'm used to traveling on business and was impressed with the staff - everyone was genuine, friendly and helpful. They noticed I was dead on my feet, expedited the check-in process and pointed out the 24 hour in-room dining option. After being able to sleep through the night in a very comfortable bed, I found myself enjoying their full breakfast after a brief conversation with another friendly staff member ...who even remembered my name from the night before.

Most of the time my attitude toward hotels is that a room is a room is a room. (I mean what do you really expect in a hotel room?) The Singapore Conrad was a pleasant exception. The room was spacious with a great view of Singapore that unfortunately I was not aware enough to appreciate fully.

I'm hoping to head back to Singapore in the next year or so and I plan on staying at the Conrad. Hopefully, I'll be able to work out a way to stay a few extra days to see more of Singapore.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear Chris Y,

Your positive review and compliments to my team give them the encouragement to continue delivering the best personalised service and care to our guests. Thank you very much for sharing your recent experience at Conrad Centennial Singapore with the Tripadvisor community.

After your tiring journey, we are glad that you were able to rest comfortably in our guest room and enjoy our extensive breakfast buffet spread. We certainly hope that you will stay with us a bit longer the next time you visit Singapore. It will be our pleasure to once again be of service to you.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Very impressed with the service. Staff were very helpful & friendly. Good breakfast selection. Room was pleasant. Location was ideal to get around the city center either by foot or MRT which was just round the corner. There is also several good shopping malls nearby. Would certainly stay here again when I next visit Singapore

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Dear SWCUk,

Thank you for staying with us and for making us your hotel of choice in Singapore. I am delighted to learn that my team's friendly and professional service made a wonderful impression on you. It is also good to know that you were happy with our breakfast buffet spread and location. We certainly look forward to having you with us again on your next visit to Singapore.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Location opposite Suntec and Marina Sq. Very convinient for business. Good Breakfast, Full Breakfast not continental. Since my room in Business Floor, we can have breakfast in Pool Restaurant, which more quiet than in coffee shop. Room around 45m2. Food Court is opposite. Marina Square, Just 3 minute walks. City Hall and Esplanade just 15 minutes walks use city links. 8 minutes walks to MRT station. I prefer stay in this area than orchard even when I travel with my family.

Room Tip: If you will have a Power Breakfast Meeting, Better stay in Business Floor Room. So you can have brea...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Dear AryA495,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Conrad Centennial Singapore, we are pleased that the hotel's convenient location, facilities and Executive room were well suited to your business requirements.

We look forward to seeing you again and continuing to extend our Conrad hospitality experience to you and your family in the near future.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

We stayed in early May in an exec premier room with club privileges. From the moment we arrived, ALL staff were very friendly and genuinely helpful. Escorted by someone from reception directly to the Club Lounge (31st floor) to check in. It was at this time that we met the lovely Genevive and Helmi (snr duty manager). Very efficient. We were lucky enough to have Helmi look after us for 4 of our 5 night stay. Greeted us by name on each occasion. Pay extra to get club privileges. It was worth every penny. Cocktail hour/s alcohol and food was superb. Breakfast in club room had good variety and excellent quality. Free wi-fi here. Friends back home jealous when they saw photos of the food. Our room was ideal for what we required - spacious (2 rooms), smoking and a reprieve from sightseeing. Great location (10 min walk to Gardens by the Bay). There were so many hotels to choose from in Singapore but absolutely choose the right one. I think it is the staff and service that can make your stay really good or fantastic. Ours - fantastic. 50 metres to a shopping centre. Taxis readily available and cheap. Alcohol is expensive in Singapore but food same sort of price as Australia $30 - $38 main meal but quality was second to none. Go Conrad!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Jsevo,

Thank you for your generous review of Conrad Centennial Singapore on TripAdvisor. My team and I are truly delighted to learn that your stay was a comfortable and memorable one.

I am happy to learn that the highlights of your wonderful experience with us included our Executive Premier Room, the food quality and the outstanding service delivered by my team, especially Genevive and Helmi.

Thank you for your compliments and we hope to welcome you back, should you return to Singapore in the future.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

I usually prefer smaller hotels, but Conrad Centennial was amazing! Stayed here for 2 nights before flying to Indonesia. The service was superb. Mentioned we were in our honeymoon and received a little surprise every night, including a delicious chocolate cake. It is definitely and expensive hotel but we used our miles so can't really complaint about it. If you are into luxury hotels and don't mind the high prices then Conrad Centennial is a great choice in Singapore. Also the location is very good.

• Stayed: May 2013
CC_Sing, General Manager at Conrad Centennial Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Dear mgoa,

Thank you for spending part of your honeymoon with us, it was our pleasure to delight you with our little "surprises" during your stay.

Your loyalty as a Hilton HHonors member is valuable to us and we really appreciate your kind feedback on our service and recommendation of the hotel to the Tripadvisor community. We look forward to welcoming you back, should your travels bring you back to Singapore in the future.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

I booked the chancellor suite after doing research on a few other hotels and knew it was good value - large space for the price. I checked -in at the lobby and was escorted upstairs as the suite had executive privileges (31st floor check-in, executive lounge use, free pressing etc) . Service was ok

The location is good as it's next to the millennia walk mall (try the 12 cupcakes cupcakes, and patisserie G macaroons), and the marina square mall (convenience shops, cineplex, stores and restaurants - try the Kuching noodles and Dian Xiao Er)

First impression when you enter the room is the large size. A separate bedroom, dining room, living room, 2 bathrooms. Good value for the price that you can't really get elsewhere in other 5 stars. The 2nd impression is that it's really a little old (say 15 years) and this is probably the only way they can compete with the new hotels. Conrad is certainly ready for a major refurbishment

The room itself had the usual amenities, and of course for a suite this size, you can 2 flat screens , and a bathroom with both the tub and shower. The flat screen in the bedroom is tiny though , and of course, old looking. You can borrow CDs (old ones) to play in the suite. You don't actually get a butler for your own use as advertised, you'll have to call housekeeping and room service like everyone else

The gym is moderately sized, and there won't be personal trainers there to provide service if you need anything. The pool is an uninspiring small rectangle, again a 15 year original design

Was at the lounge during the evening and boy was it crowded. Every table was filled and you have to wait a few minutes to get a table. Staff was harried, trying to service everyone. Quality of food was average, and though they don't allow children under 12, there was one screaming when I was there. My luck I guess. With the average experience, we decided on breakfast in the lobby at oscars. It was also underwhelming. Somehow the selection and quality can't match that of the new 5 stars these days

I must say though, there was an executive lounge staff (I think Haikel?) who was present when I checked-in , and remembered my name on the 2nd day, and his service was exemplary when I returned for late morning tea. Quite impressive

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
CC_Sing, General Manager at Conrad Centennial Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Dear bcheong,

The pleasure was ours to welcome you back to Conrad Centennial Singapore!

Your continued patronage is of great value to us and I am delighted to learn that the service extended by my team was among the highlights of your experience. Your feedback also gives us important insights on our strengths and areas for improvement. We have taken your comments regarding our room and facilities on board as we progress with the hotel's enhancement plans.

Our Butler Service is indeed available upon request for guests staying in our President Suite and we are sorry that you were not accorded this service during your stay. My team has reviewed your feedback to ensure that steps are taken to communicate the availability of this service to guests during check-in. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We have noted your points regarding the food quality in our Executive Lounge and breakfast buffet at Oscar's. Whilst we already have measures in place to ensure the usual high standards of our food offerings, the team continues to work hard to deliver great dining experiences for our guests.

Thank you for staying with us and for your review on TripAdvisor. We look forward to seeing you again and continuing to extend our Conrad hospitality experience to you in the near future.