While one takes most of the hardware (infrastructure, room quality etc) as a bare necessity when one pays five star rates; for me, what differentiates a good hotel from a great one is the software (the quality and the attitude of the staff. Accordingly, I shall skip all the details of the property and concentrate on the sheer service orientation of the staff.
Here are three instances that I experienced:
1) Being a vegetarian, I asked the lady at the Breakfast Buffet whether the Samosas were fried in a vegetable oil. She applied in the affirmative, but went one step ahead. She enquired if I was a strict vegetarian and on receiving an affirmative reply, she warned me that the wok in which the Samosas were fried would have been used to fry some non-vegetarian stuff as well. Seeing my reaction, she offered to stir fry some vegetables for me in an ununsed wok. She further went to the Bread counter and fetched two varieties of bread on which no egg wash was used. I was impressed and touched. Here is someone who clearly goes beyond customer satisfaction.
2) Since the dinner (room service) did not meet my requirements, the person clearing the service enquired on that count. He apologised for the dinner not meeting my requirements and also offered to get me some other stuff - on the house.
3) Since I had an evening flight, I requested for a late check out - that was most cheerfully given without any fuss. Thereafter too, I was allowed access to the premier lounge (since I was in a Suite).
Conrad Centennial certainly surpassed my expectations and at least one of the 5 stars that I have assigned to this property is attributable to its excellent staff!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the award-winning Conrad Centennial Singapore, we redefine luxury, sense and style, connecting you to the heart of prestigious Marina Bay, where business, fashion, art and entertainment blend into a dynamic playground for the discerning traveler. Just a short distance from six shopping malls with over 1,000 shops and 300 restaurants; world-class attractions such as Gardens by the Bay, the Singapore Flyer, and six museums; the Colonial Heritage area and Asia's largest casino at Marina Bay, we offer you discreet luxury at one of the world's top destinations. Feel the pulse of Singapore, reconnect at Conrad Centennial Singapore and rediscover the greatest luxury of all ...The Luxury of Being Yourself. Our hotel is a 2014 TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice award recipient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Conrad Centennial Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Conrad Centennial Singapore Hotel Singapore
- Conrad Singapore
- Singapore Conrad