“Great hotel, yet again”

Conrad Centennial Singapore
Ranked #20 of 319 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed at the Conrad in Singapore for the 3rd time in October. It is still the best hotel we have stayed in.
We did consider trying somewhere new as we weren't sure we wanted to spend the money on the club room but we ended up deciding to just splurge. And we weren't disappointed.
It's in a great location. Across the road from Suntec City and only a few minutes walk to the MRT.
The rooms are a really good size and the variety of drinks and food in the club lounge in fantastic.
We had a very late flight out and they let us check out at 6pm and then sit in the club room until we had to leave at 9pm.
The staff are always attentive and nothing is ever too much trouble.
We will definately be back.

Room Tip: You can't go past the club rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rellie2
CC_Sing, General Manager at Conrad Centennial Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Dear Rellie2,

Thank you for your continued patronage with Conrad Centennial Singapore. We are very honoured to be the “best hotel” that you have stayed in.

Thank you for your compliments on our Executive Lounge and Food & Beverage offerings. Our team members serve to delight; and are delighted to serve, seeking to provide the best Conrad hospitality experience to all our valued guests.

We certainly look forward to being of service to you again, when you next return to Singapore.

Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

My family and I stayed at the Conrad for 2 nights. The staff were friendly, helpful and professional. For example, when we were leaving the hotel, one of the staffs saw my sister carried her bags and her cello and promptly helped to carry the cello. The spa was expensive but the massage was very good. Breakfast at the Oscars was not too bad but I wish they have more international selection. The executive lounge has great views and excellent afternoon tea. We had dinner at the hotel's Chinese restaurant and the food was delicious. My family and I enjoyed our stay and we hope to be back again soon.

Dear iintermagix,

It is a great pleasure for my team and I to receive your delightful review!

Thank you very much for your generous compliments. My team are indeed encouraged to learn that their service contributed greatly towards your stay experience.

We certainly hope that your travels bring you back to Singapore, and we look forward to serving you with the unique warmth of Conrad’s hospitality again.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

We had our last 4 nights of vacation to spend in Singapore and with much reseach & reading reviews I chose this hotel. Also I am a Hilton Honors member but only silver. I was to be celebrating my birthday here-we had been celebrating our 30th anniversary for most of our 4 week trip to SEAsia. I asked for a room up high and if available be upgraded to executive level. We got room # 2526-a corner unit with a side window and a view of The Flyer that was lit up beautifully at night. The upgrade to executive level was worth every penny. This gave you the most wonderful breakfast buffet in the morning-afternoon tea & drinks & evening h'orderves & cocktails-Chandon champagne.
I liked this location as I love looking at the water-It was close to a shopping center where we got a 2 day Singapore pass. Hope on & hop off busses. We are off and running.
The first night we were there they had a Hawkers Fund Raiser right across from hotel. We bought our tickets & stood in line for 3 hours for the satay. The skys opened up & we were drenched-ladies opened umbrellas for us & we had a ball laughing with the people.
Everyone at hotel was wonderful-even when we walked into the hotel looking like drowned rats.
Bed comfy-bathroom nice.
We went to Raffles for my birthday & had a Singapore Sling-not that good. Chineese REstaurant good but my poor husband is now fighting a cold & a cough from the rain incidnet.
When we arrived there was a cake with a candle in room. OUr last night we are in our robes & a knock on door-they came with a bottle of wine for my birthday & wanted to take our picture. My hair is also in curlers. They come later with the picture & a birthday card signed by several people.
Early to bed as we have a 6AM flight the next morning. We are Delta Business so I don't care. It has been a wonderful 4 weeks

Room Tip: Ask if executive level upgrade available.It pays for itself in perks
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear BeniciaChris,

It is very heartwarming for my team and I to know that your stay with us has been a wonderful and memorable one, highlighted with a beautiful view of The Singapore Flyer and filled with birthday wishes from our team members at Conrad Centennial Singapore.

Every guest is an important individual to us, and we are truly delighted that you have lovely birthday memories; because of the light and warmth of hospitality we seek to deliver in every little way possible.

Thank you once again for sharing your enjoyable stay experience on Tripadvisor, and we hope to have you with us again in the near future.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Conrad Centennial Hotel, Singapore.

Slightly inconvenient location away from MRT stations and shopping area. Difficult area to catch cabs.
We requested a roller bed for our young son and were upgraded to a sumptuous suite but at a significant cost.
Beds comfortable but very high. Why ?
Pillows too large but these were changed and after a request we were shown the pillow menu (16 different types available !) and found some to suit.
Gauze type blinds take forever to raise and lower so we asked for them to be left up to see the view. Good curtains block light when required.
Free room internet only operates in fifteen minute increments then you have to log in again - a tedious and lengthy process when you lose it midway through a crucial operation.
Electric sockets rare and in awkward positions and one has been covered by table support. (See photo)
Bed lights for king size bed cannot be operated individually. Both on or off and only controlled from one side.
Other side of bed has no clock, phone, light switch so no good if one person wants to read and the other sleep.
Few individual light switches and generally poor lighting. One switch controls too many lights.
Other areas too dark. In our suite, no electric plug in second bathroom for razor.
Only one area where we could charge our electrical gear and only Singapore plugs there. No universal international plugs fitted although complimentary adapters are available on request. Noisy fan on air con although rooms were good temperature. Even when we turned it off, the fan still ran. Security safe in room.
Shower taps very slow to react and very poor pressure. Time consuming to adjust water temperature. Little shelf space for soap, shampoo etc in shower. Mechanical bath plug lets water out during bath and tap handle direction is confusing. Which direction is on, off, warmer, colder ? Toilet roll holders are placed awkwardly behind you making it difficult to reach when required.
Good breakfast at Oscars restaurant near lobby, however, it's a long wait for toast with one pathetic domestic toaster which takes two slices of toast only. On maximum setting, I had to put toast down three times and other hotel guests equally annoyed with this. Most hotels of this standard have proper continuous conveyor belt type commercial toasters.
Do the people who design these hotels ever actually stay in them and realise what guests need ?

Room Tip: Suggest you don't accept the upgrade to a suite if you only need an extra bed in room. An expens...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank JDL000
CC_Sing, General Manager at Conrad Centennial Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2012

Dear JDL000,

Thank you for your insightful review of your stay at Conrad Centennial Singapore. My team and I sincerely apologise that your stay with us fell below expectations.

As we plan future enhancements for the hotel, we truly appreciate receiving valuable feedback and insights from guests such as yourself. My team will reference some of the points you have brought up to ensure that not only do we uphold the high standards of our products and services as expected of a luxury hotel, that we also meet the requirements of today's frequent international traveller.

We hope you will give us another opportunity in the future to bring you the best of the unique Conrad hospitality experience, should your travels bring you back to Singapore.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

I spent one week here accompanying my husband during a business trip. The Hotel is nothing special with dated furniture and complete lack of style. There are some pros though.
Pool and gym are quite good, definitely a benefit, rooms are good size, bathrooms more than decent, with bath and separate showers, good range of toiletries, robe, sleepers and a proper hairdryer.
Breakfast is poor with awful coffee, poor choice of fresh fruits (given the latitude!), cheap ( not fresh) fruit juices.However there is a large choice of hot food. The staff is friendly and very efficient, unfortunately in some occasions poorly trained : some of the maids could not understand English very well and one morning during breakfast I was invited to hold to my cutlery.
However the hotel is in a great location for exploring the city, good for shopping ( where is not in Singapore though ?), plenty of dining options all around, MRT is just outside the lobby and room rate are reasonable. So if you are planning to spend not much time indoor and you are not fussy about style and top end service, well I would be happy to recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking Marina Bay.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Weddinginrome W

Dear Weddinginrome,

Thank you for staying at Conrad Centennial Singapore, it was a pleasure having you and your husband with us.

Your feedback from your recent stay is much appreciated. Whilst it is nice to know that you were happy with the room and amenities, our facilities and location, we are sorry to learn that our breakfast spread fell below your expectations. Please rest assured that our Food and Beverage team are addressing your comments through their regular food quality reviews and evaluations. They continue to do their utmost to uphold the high standards of our products and services expected of the hotel.

We also apologise for the service shortfalls you experienced despite the team's warmth and efficiency. We continually work hard to deliver the best service through our on-going process reviews and training programmes.

We hope that you will give us another opportunity to extend the warm Conrad hospitality and a better stay experience in the future should your travels bring you back to Singapore.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

stayed for eight days and the staff on all level 10/10
this hotel is warm and friendly and at the same time so professional
the best way to put my stay is thank you for letting me be your guest
the day of my partners birthday the hotel staff arrived at the door of
my room with a surprise cake bottle of french champagne and all six
sang happy birthday.this hotel should be given six stars
the excutive floor staff and guest relation front of house 10/10
you know when you have had a good time because i didn't want to leave

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Dear chriss1708,

We received your very encouraging review with great delight!

Thank you very much for your generous compliments to our team members. They are indeed most heartened to learn that their warmth and efficiency contributed greatly towards your stay experience.

We certainly hope that your travels bring you back to Singapore soon. We look forward to delighting you with the hospitality that is uniquely Conrad, once again.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Had a one-night stay here with my friend as part of my first-ever 'staycation'. We chose this place mainly because of the excellent reviews on tripadvisor. My students had their work attachment here earlier as well, so I wanted to see both sides of the service front and see if they really served with pride, like how the management often emphasised during their staff training.

I must say that right from the moment I stepped into the hotel to the moment I left, I was very impressed by the personal touch they gave. It's really those small little things like their staff walking you right up to your room after checking-in, coming back to a room with neatly placed slippers next to your bed and to the radio tuned to a classical music radio station that make your stay that extra bit special.

Thanks Conrad!

• Stayed: October 2012

Dear Chunlian,

Thank you for choosing to spend your first-ever 'staycation' right here with us at Conrad Centennial Singapore.

It is especially rewarding to know that the personal touches you experienced made a difference to your stay. My team continually seeks to go beyond expectations in providing guests with the unique Conrad experience.

It was a pleasure having you with us and we hope to exceed your expectations should you return for another 'staycation'