“the best conrad”

Conrad Centennial Singapore
Ranked #21 of 319 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed October 27, 2012

stayed for eight days and the staff on all level 10/10
this hotel is warm and friendly and at the same time so professional
the best way to put my stay is thank you for letting me be your guest
the day of my partners birthday the hotel staff arrived at the door of
my room with a surprise cake bottle of french champagne and all six
sang happy birthday.this hotel should be given six stars
the excutive floor staff and guest relation front of house 10/10
you know when you have had a good time because i didn't want to leave

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
CC_Sing, General Manager at Conrad Centennial Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Dear chriss1708,

We received your very encouraging review with great delight!

Thank you very much for your generous compliments to our team members. They are indeed most heartened to learn that their warmth and efficiency contributed greatly towards your stay experience.

We certainly hope that your travels bring you back to Singapore soon. We look forward to delighting you with the hospitality that is uniquely Conrad, once again.

Heinrich Grafe

Write a ReviewReviews (4,672)

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Had a one-night stay here with my friend as part of my first-ever 'staycation'. We chose this place mainly because of the excellent reviews on tripadvisor. My students had their work attachment here earlier as well, so I wanted to see both sides of the service front and see if they really served with pride, like how the management often emphasised during their staff training.

I must say that right from the moment I stepped into the hotel to the moment I left, I was very impressed by the personal touch they gave. It's really those small little things like their staff walking you right up to your room after checking-in, coming back to a room with neatly placed slippers next to your bed and to the radio tuned to a classical music radio station that make your stay that extra bit special.

Thanks Conrad!

• Stayed: October 2012
CC_Sing, General Manager at Conrad Centennial Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2012

Dear Chunlian,

Thank you for choosing to spend your first-ever 'staycation' right here with us at Conrad Centennial Singapore.

It is especially rewarding to know that the personal touches you experienced made a difference to your stay. My team continually seeks to go beyond expectations in providing guests with the unique Conrad experience.

It was a pleasure having you with us and we hope to exceed your expectations should you return for another 'staycation'

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Singapore is a city-state full of great hotels ranging from small mom and pops places to some of the most opulent hotels in the world. While this hotel is neither of the two, it's still a great hotel with an great location in the city. When traveling through Asia, I am very partial to staying at Conrad hotels as I can always count on the consistent product and service that they always offer. Plus, one great thing about Conrad Hotels in SE Asia is the small amenities they offer to HHonnors guests. My personal favorite is always the Conrad rubber ducky found in the bathtub and usually a small stuffed toy on the bed or desk when one checks in. Ever since my first stay at the Conrad Tokyo, it is the one thing I look forward to more then a good night's rest. (Yes I am still give years old at heart, aren't you?)

Room: The room is modern yet classy at the same time which is what I expect from this type of hotel. The down comforter and sheets were quite soft as was the bed which is someone I always enjoy. Everything about the room was great with the exception of the placement of the TV which understandably had to be mounted to a side wall as the bed faced the windows with a great view of the fountain below. My only real issue was one of the speakers for the stereo was not working properly but I was able to fix it on my own as it was just a loose wire on the back of the receiver.

Breakfast: Breakfast was included for me but not on the Executive floor where I am used to taking it but on the same floor as the pool deck. It was quite adequate to start the day and was never disappointed in the selection of food or service.

Location: Overall, the hotel was in a great location and within walking distance to many sights such as the Singapore Flyer, SunTec mall and the Hippo Tours (hop on hop off tour bus)

Overall, I greatly enjoyed my stay at the hotel and look forward to staying there again when my plans call for another trip to Singapore. Everyone from the front desk staff to the bellman to the housekeeping department made sure my stay was nothing short of perfect.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor for a great view.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank MrInternational702

Dear MrInternational702,

It is wonderful to know what you enjoyed your stay at Conrad Centennial Singapore, thank you for your review and for sharing your experience.

We very much appreciate your feedback on our room and breakfast selection. It is very encouraging for my team to realise that they played a part in shaping a positive stay experience for you.

We certainly hope your travels bring you back to Singapore in the future and we look forward to once again bringing you the unique Conrad hospitality.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

If you are not too fussy about top notch luxury, this is a good property. SIN had become very expensive and this is one of the few that we can still afford a suite that can accommodate a family of 4 (kids age 8 and 10).

As there are so many previous reviews, I won't bother with a long review, just a few highlights :

suite - 2 room suites with a door separating the 2 rooms (see photos, sorry didnt take much as this was our 3rd week in Asia, we were getting tired and lazy). Decor is of the old (at least a decade's past splendor) luxury, big marble bath, sink, etc. Both rooms are on the small side, you are able to check in at the executive lounge towards the top floor, nice lounge overlooking the city, meeting rooms are nice and quiet, simple spread for food and drinks

Service - everyone is really nice in this hotel

Breakfast - good breakfast but always packed (seemed to be a very busy hotel) there are days that the main breakfast room is so crowded (even the outside dining area were full), we had to go across to the other lobby lounge for breakfast

Gym - Nothing to brag about, like most small city gyms

Pool - A good size pool but again, like most city hotels

Overall, the location of this hotel is excellent, you are right by tons of shopping and dining as well as easy access to MRT if needed and plenty of cabs. Unless they update this property, I wont be staying here again for the price we had paid. There are a lot of other hotels that are in this price range.

Note : our suite faces the fountain which blast music to the max at night (dont remember the exact time but even after 9.30 pm it was still going) so if your kids are young and sleep early, get a room/suite away from the fountain

Room Tip: away from fountain view if you have young children
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Dear _de_last_one,

Thank you for sharing your review and photos of your recent stay at Conrad Centennial Singapore. It was a pleasure having you and your family with us.

Whilst we are pleased that your stay experience generally met with your expectations, we are sorry that you were inconvenienced by the noise from the fountain. We are grateful for your feedback on this because it helps us to recognise what is an important requirement when it comes to room allocation, especially for families with young children. We have also noted your comments on our room and facilities, and have taken these into consideration as we plan future enhancements for the hotel.

We are nevertheless delighted that you were happy with our service and location.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us. My team and I sincerely hope to have another opportunity to welcome you and your family back in the future.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Conrad Centennial hotel is a good place to spend a city vacation in Singapore. Rooms are comfort, bathrooms are huge and service is excellent. Cityview rooms in upper floors are highly recommended. Location is great with easy metro/ underground connections, nearby malls and walking distance to many sights (Singapore flyer, riverfront, Raffles etc.). If I return to Singapore, Conrad Centennial is good hotel to return also.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear hoharrison,

Thank you very much for your kind review of Conrad Centennial Singapore, we are delighted that you enjoyed the comfort of our rooms, the views and our location.

We look forward to having you with us again and extending a warm welcome back when you next return to Singapore.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

The Hotel has a very Freindly,Polite & Helpful staff. The Rooms & Bathrooms are large and are clean. The Hotel is very well located with the Subway just across the road & with malls also opposite it & you can reach any part of Singapore by the Subway. Far East is known for its hospitality but Conrad exceeded my expectations with its extremely helpful staff. It is an ideal Business or Leisure Hotel with a Business Centre & pool etc. The Internet was very efficeint.

Room Tip: The Higher Rooms have a super View of the Marina
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank RajivMehta

Dear RajivMehta,

It is a pleasure to receive your generous compliments of the hotel and my team.

We continually strive to deliver the best personalised service and unique Conrad stay experience for all our guests. It is indeed most heartening for my team to realise that their hospitality highlighted your stay.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Singapore.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

. I stayed at the Conrad for 4 nights to attend a conference at the Marina Bay Sands. Loved that there was always a cab waiting for me; travel was easy. The Millennia Walk and the Suntec Mall are also a stone's throw away from the hotel so shopping was also easy. The hotel staff was always helpful, polite and answered my every query with a smile. As for the room - it was definitely 5-star. Luxurious bed, pillows and sheets; spacious bathroom; definitely a place for relaxation! I really enjoyed my stay at the Conrad and will be back again!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends

Dear 770CarolC,

Thank you for staying at Conrad Centennial Singapore, it was our pleasure to be of service to you.

We truly appreciate your feedback and are indeed delighted that you enjoyed a restful and comfortable stay. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit with the best and unique Conrad hospitality experience that all our guests truly deserve.