5,036 results
All reviews the executive lounge centennial suite golden peony suntec city rubber duck teddy bear promenade mrt station diamond member millenia walk marina bay pillow menu turn down service main restaurant an upgrade buffet breakfast late check pan pacific
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I have stayed at the Conrad twice within the last 30 days. I can say that overall the staff is fantastic and at the level you expect from Asia 5 star hotels. Check-in has been a breeze on both occasions, and upgrades to exec floor or suite has been seamless. (HH Diamonds are well taken care of!) The lounge is very nice and has a decent selection of nibblies, wine etc. The views from the 31st floor are great as you can look out towards the bay or the skyline. Location is good, as I prefer it to Orchard rd. The hotel is in very good condition and on par with the better hotels in Singapore.

Now the bad: I will preface this by saying that I travel 80+ days a year and this is my first complaint on tripadvisor. I ate at the hotel buffet restaurant, which is supposedly a good place for dinner. I came in about 9:30 and the restaurant only had about 40 people. I though wow, this will be nice as no crowd to fight and the place was well staffed. I had 3 glassed of wine, the reason I know this that at the end of my meal all 3 glasses were still sitting on the table. The staff was doing side work and never cleared anything……this is a $130S meal! Now what really made me ANGRY, was the only interaction with my “server” was him chasing me down with the check before I was finished and getting more. Where am I going? You have my room number already; this isn’t a dash and dines. Completely out of line and NOT acceptable, even if this was a 10 Chinese buffet… I was pissed and asked several times if there was an issue….. Indifference is the best I can say for the reaction. I could go on about the experience but its a waste of ink. I promptly left the restaurant and asked for the GM, who happened to be working since it, was F1 week. The GM was very nice, and asked what happened etc.(i have the same last name as another GM) I explained and he agreed that it was unacceptable; I truly believe this is out of the norm for the Conrad. Unfortunately, I never received any follow-up from the GM or Food and beverage director as I would expect. The experience ruined my day and would turn most people away from future stays. In my 80+ days on the road this year, this is my first negative post, sorry but it needs to be here! I will never eat here again.

The hotel itself is deserving of its #5 ranking in Singapore. Good hotel, overall good staff and location.

Room Tip: Get Lounge access
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank AStraveln
CC_Sing, General Manager at Conrad Centennial Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Dear AStraveln,

Thank you for your honest review of Conrad Centennial Singapore. We truly appreciate receiving your feedback and insights from your recent stay with us.

It was my pleasure to have met you personally and once again, I sincerely regret the disappointing experience you had at Oscar's. We have highlighted the situation to our Food & Beverage team to reiterate the importance of due recognition and attention that must be given to all our guests and this is being heavily reinforced in our process reviews and on-going training programmes.

While this incident has affected your stay experience, we are nevertheless heartened that you felt well-taken care of during both your stays with us and that you are generally happy with the hotel and our service.

Once again, thank you very much for your valuable feedback. My team and I would be delighted for another opportunity to be of service to you again when you next return to Singapore, and we assure you that your next experience will be one filled with the true and warm Conrad hospitality that we continually seek to deliver.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

This is my fifth stay at the Conrad Singapore. This is one of my favorite properties on the planet. The rooms and amenities are as fine as I encounter anywhere worldwide. World-class that is. But what sets the Conrad apart is the impeccable customer service.Staff are discreet and fulfill every wish even before I need ask. Although my business during this stay was located at another hotel I opted to stay here and am so glad I did. It's like coming home. Luxury without pretense. It's my only choice for a stay in Singapore.

Room Tip: I like the Executive suites with view of the fountain.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
CC_Sing, General Manager at Conrad Centennial Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2012

Dear Charlie D,

Thank you for your continued patronage of Conrad Centennial Singapore. It is certainly an honour to be one of your favourite properties in the world.

We truly appreciate your generous compliments and feedback on our rooms and service. Indeed, it is most rewarding for my team to realise that their level of service has consistently been a highlight during all your stays.

Thank you once again for choosing us as your preferred hotel in Singapore. We look forward to have the privilege of serving to delight you on your next visit to Singapore.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

I've stayed at many Hilton properties around the world, but this rate amongst one of the nicest - from the friendly welcome through to the excellent executive lounge. A particular highlight is breakfast at Oscar's restuarant on the ground floor - one of the most extensive I've seen! I was also grateful to receive a superb upgrade as a Diamond HHonors member. Overall excellent customer service and glad I'm returning for another stay shortly!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Functional business hotel in central location - room are ok, beds comfortable, the bathroom (showers) need a thorough cleansing though (black mold). Good and attentive service in restaurants, good choice of high quality food in functional environment. Pool ok, nothing special. Executive lounge with a great view, very limited food choice for breakfast / dinner.

For business ok - but certainly not recommendable for vacation.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear Thorsten L,

Thank you for staying at Conrad Centennial Singapore.

We really appreciate your valuable feedback. While we are heartened that you were happy with our service and food quality, we do apologise for the highlighted bathroom condition. Your comments have been reviewed for necessary rectification.

You would be pleased to know that our Executive Floor guests also have the option for breakfast at our 24-hour restaurant, Oscar’s which offers a wide buffet selection to start the morning.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to serving you again, should your travels bring you back to Singapore.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Stayed on the Executive Floor. Amazing but discrete service. Wonderful views & excellent food & drink. We were only there a day en route from London to Perth but it was a real tonic. The room was very comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Esperanto-uk

Dear Esperanto-uk,

My team and I are delighted that you enjoyed a restful and comfortable brief stay with us.

Thank you for your compliments on our service and food & beverage offerings. We hope to be of service to you again on your next visit to Singapore.