“Would Love to Visit Again”

Carlton Hotel Singapore
Ranked #60 of 315 Hotels in Singapore
Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia
“Would Love to Visit Again”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this hotel. When we visit again we will definately consider staying there again. One of the best we've stayed in in our travels. Beautiful decore and very polite & helpful service. Lovely big window with a very interesting view over a semi industrial area - very pretty at night.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (803)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

Impressive looking foyer and very professional staff. Taxis are easily accessible at the front of the hotel. Rooms were of the quality you'd expect, but ours was beginning to feel a little well worn.

Only negatives were the lack of proper shower rooms after check out to freshen up before our late night flight (have to use the swimming pool changing rooms), and the absence of free in room Wi-Fi. Feels a little mean to charge guests to print off boarding passes in this day and age too, especially at a hotel of this quality, it was the only hotel we encountered to do so on our trip through Malaysia and Singapore.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

You can't beat this place for location. BUT the other recent reviews are right. The service from the front desk is appalling. No smile, no eye contact, no "welcome", but a demand for a credit card and a passport. This manner was not a one off, it was endemic across the front office staff, who really couldn't appear to care less. Whether that is because the majority of clients appear to be air crew, I don't know, but I was stunned at the service. Completely the opposite of what you expect in Singapore. As for the facilities, I am sitting in the reception which is the only place for wifi. Nothing in the room, just an old fashioned Ethernet connection at exorbitant rates. No wonder the foyer is packed of people on tablets 24/7. The TV in the room barely works and has a poor selection of channels. Not that I want to watch TV, but it is far short of what I expect for this level of hotel and price.

So if you want a good location and base, it is fine. If you want to feel welcomed and have access to standard levels of technology, go elsewhere. I wouldn't come back here, despite the location - there are other hotels just as close and I am sure the service can't be any worse.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Jonathan J
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 11, 2014

For the money you can do so much better in Singapore!! 50% of this hotel is refurbished and 50% is not. So ask for a premier wing room. If you don't, you will be accommodated in the original tower which is a timecapsule as to what hotels were like in the 1990's - no wifi, clunky light switches, aircon that doesn't resemble anything the thermostat is saying etc etc. Colleagues complained about checking into rooms that were not yet cleaned. I rang the concierge in the wee hours of one morning to complain about the smell of cigarette smoke and was dismissed!

Breakfast buffet was fine as was lunch and quality of meeting catering. Stayed here for 5 days and was hosting a meeting with 50 delegates. Every reasonable request came at a cost e.g late checkout, cancellations one week out etc.

Won't be back and cannot recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for the premier wing room. Has wifi. Book online for the lowest rates.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank WTOZ
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed May 10, 2014

I find this hotel excellent, with an efficient system and very friendly staff who make you feel welcome. It's great location, which is near a train station, adds to its appeal as well. The hotel seems to cater mostly to company clients and thus is very busy. Despite this, the hotel didt make me feel out of place during our 6-night stay.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 8, 2014

I stayed here for 5 days. One thing that I remembered was... The breakfast menu always stay the same... until I bored, and finally decide to find another breakfast outside the hotel...
The lobby and internet access are very good! The smile of the receptionist is also very charming. The bed is very comfortable. Like it a lot! Near to the subway train station (only 100 meter) to Bras Basah MRT Station. Overall, I enjoyed my stay in here...

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

When my friends and I enter the hotel, we were impressed by the design of the hotel lobby. But the image was destroy when we went check in at the front desk. We went up to 1 lady, she did not say anything, just turn her head to signal us to go to another person. No greeting, no smile from the front desk staffs. When we made some error on the booking, the staff did not go extra miles to help us solve the problem instead giving us a black face. They don't have patience in explaining, as my friends from oversea do not understand English well. With the amount we paid, I am very sure we can find a better hotel with better service. Will not recommended to my friends anymore.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends