We stayed for one night in room 1332 at the Carlton. We were able to check in at about noon, and we left early in the morning the next day. The hotel was much smaller when we last stayed there, more than ten years ago.
• Very good-sized room and bathroom
• Good location across from Chijmes (we think Lei Garden is the best restaurant there) and Raffles City (which is connected to City Hall MRT station).
• We paid in advance, and check-in was swift. They insisted on taking our carry-on bag to the room separately as if we could not easily manage it.
• Check-out was fast and a taxi was waiting at 4:30 am.
• One universal wall plug and one Singapore wall plug. We could have used at least one more besides the one in the bathroom to recharge all of our devices.
• Wide hallways and lift lobbies
• No neighbor noise.
• Reception on the TV was bad for several channels and contrast poor on the Fox Movies channel but we were able to watch one movie. Reception was impossible on some channels.
• Although we checked in quickly, large groups such as airline crew often checked in. It must take quite a bit of time to wait for them.
• No wi-fi in the room, wired only. The free wi-fi in the lobby had a good signal, but there were about six complexes of sofas and chairs in the center of the huge lobby, and if the seats in the complexes are taken, the only other places to sit were the coffee shop or lounge where you feel obliged to pay. There were always places to sit at night when groups were not waiting for transportation.
• We didn't stay long enough to try any of their restaurants. I cannot erase from my memory the vast empty spaces in the lobby. The Carlton reminded us of the Ibis Bencoolen with its basic furniture, but the room and bathroom at Carlton are much bigger. Also the Carlton has no in-room wi-fi.
We felt the Carlton was a very good value.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Carlton Hotel Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Singapore Carlton Hotel
- Carlton Hotel Singapore