“Singapore Grand Prix”

Ranked #117 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
York, United Kingdom
“Singapore Grand Prix”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We stayed at Grand Pacific whilst in Singapore for the Grand Prix in September 2012.
We were upgraded without extra cost, the food and room service were superb, staff friendly and helpful.
The hotel is ideally situated for shopping and it was only 5 minutes walk to the entrance to the Grand Prix Circuit.
It's on good bus routes and the metro is located in the Bugis Street Shopping centre just down the road.5 mins on bus to Clarke Quay for $1.20 sing. Peanuts.
Great place for 5 night stay
Colin Denise Gill and Jeff

Room Tip: Front rooms have views of the Flyer and the Marina Bay Sands Building
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
7 Thank Colin H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We had previously been in London and Paris and were on our way home. We have stayed in Singapore many times but chose the Grand Pacific for a change. Compared to the hotel rooms in London and Paris these rooms were large. We arrived at 7.30am and were given our room straight away which was fantastic after a 12 hour flight. The rooms were quite and airconditioned and the hotel also has a laundry that you can use (for a fee) which is refreshing instead of paying hotel laundry prices.The hotel is in a great location and across the road was a fantastic 24hour local food centre which was fantatsivc value for money S$$.50 for sa dish as we normally go the Newton Circus which is exspensive compared to this place. Walking distance to MRT, Raffles City and Bugis Junction so was perfect. Great Hotel and enjoyed our stay there. Breakfast average and not that fresh to be honest as we ate late each morning and the food had been sitting there for a while but they really put pressure on you to finish by 10am as they start setting up for lunch.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 5th floor facing the road but there is double glazing and no road noise so we we...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Ken S
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We stayed here in October 2011 with our 3 year old son. It was great. the room was comfy although older style furniture it was great. Fantastic location and central to bugis st shopping as well as a host of other shopping centers. easy 2 minuet walk to the trains. and bus stops out the front. Taxis are cheap and usually they are waiting out the front so you dont have to wait long. The staff were lovely and the pool area a hit with our son. Would definetly stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
7 Thank Renee M
Kent, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We stayed here for two nights prior to a cruise. The room was very comfortable and the bathroom was excellent. The staff were both courteous and friendly, and more to the point verey helpful. We ate in the restaurant, two breakfastsa (excellent) and two dinners (very good and excellent value) The hotel was situated close to Raffles and only a short bus ride from the bay and Chinatown. WEould we stay herfe again? most certainly yes.

Room Tip: Be polite and ask for quiet.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
14 Thank Sanda-Be
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed August 21, 2012

the hotel is nicely located near Raffles City.
The rooms are ok, if you get a premier room even better. At least there they provide two bottles of free water.....
Bathroom needs some improvements.
If the english of the front staff would be better too it could be a big surplus.
But overall a nice stay and will come back again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank majulahsingapura
Perth, Australia
Reviewed August 3, 2012

My daughter (11 yrs) and I have stayed in Singapore 3 or 4 times before. We stay in a different hotel each time to experience the different neighbourhoods and atmosphere each visit. This year, we chose to stay at the Grand Pacific, as the very reasonable room rates, and full buffet breakfast included (at the time of our stay) were big drawcards. I must say, neither of us was disappointed! The room was clean and spacious. The swimmng pool was more than big enough for a good splash before dinner each evening. Facilities such as the washer and dryer also made the trip easier (there's nothing like having mountains of laundry to do on returning home to dispel that holiday mood!) The staff were polite, friendly and efficient-nothing was too much trouble for anyone we met. We certainly felt like part of the family after we stayed there for 10 days. The late check out was also most welcome, and was the perfect end to our trip. I would not hesitate to recommend the hotel to anyone travelling to Singapore-it's location is fantastic too. Within walking distance to Raffles, Raffles mall Bugis St markets & Bugis malls, CHIJMES, Clarke Quay and Marina Bay ( Marina Bay Sands, Gardens by the Bay, Art Science museum, Singapore Flyer etc) Jurong Bird Park, Botanic Gardens, Wild Wild Wet water park and other attractions are also easily accessible by bus, MRT or (plentiful) taxis. Great hotel-great location-great value!

Room Tip: We stayed in a Deluxe room on the 6th floor. The pool is located on the 5th floor, so maybe will ask...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
26 Thank AliceAlice194
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I travelled with my wife in Singapore for a couple of days for her birthday. I chose the hotel because the preceding comments stated were nice overall and that I preferred a comparatively spacious one to a newly decorated one.

Upon check-in at the mid night on 20 July, there was another guest in-front enquiring about the locations of some scenic spots at the reception but the staff seemed not too helpful from her cool response. Anyway, I could have a smooth check-in without problems. The room should be spacious as compared with the generally tiny rooms in Singapore hotels. There is enough space for you to open two large luggages without difficulties. The decoration is indeed quite old but I don’t care much as long as it is clean. However, it is true from the previous comments that the water temperature is unstable.

The hotel is situated in the middle of several MRT stations which are all within 5 to 10 mins walk. I found the Bra Basha Station the nearest and then the Bugis or Cityhall Stations. I took the Bra Basha Station of the yellow line most for the transit station at Dhoby Ghaut to other lines. To the airport, I took Bugis and go straight along the green line. Though most of my visiting places fall on the purple line, the hotel location is still convenient.

On my wife’s birthday, I have bought a birthday cake with candles in Clarke Quay and took back to hotel for celebration. I called to the reception for matches or lighter in a bid to light up the candle. The reception staff told me to buy a lighter in the 7-11 around the corner as there was no lighter or matches from the hotel. The staff was impolite and cut the line before my last word. I called to the reception again and requested to talk to the manager direct for confirmation. The duty manager then illustrated to me that she was the in-charge of the hotel’s security and requested me to state the reason for a lighter again. Having repeated my reason, her answer was still “No”. I wondered if there was none anyway, why asked my reason. I tried to ask if any staff got a lighter and was kind enough to lend to me for a second, her answer was sharp and firm but again “No”. I told her that I couldn’t believe there was not a single match or lighter in the entire hotel which was named 4-star. Then I asked her the last question about how the staff could light something up in the kitchen. She was silent for a second and replied rudely that she would handle the case and I needed not to raise the voice to her. She cut the line sharply again and the lighter finally came. The most ridiculous thing in the world was that the hotel menu also provided birthday cakes but you should be prepared to get the cake with candle but without fire.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Love to Travel a

Travelers are raving about these Singapore hotels