“Best location in SIngapore to date!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Grand Pacific Hotel

Grand Pacific Hotel
Ranked #119 of 308 Hotels in Singapore
Perth, Australia
“Best location in SIngapore to date!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

My daughter (11 yrs) and I have stayed in Singapore 3 or 4 times before. We stay in a different hotel each time to experience the different neighbourhoods and atmosphere each visit. This year, we chose to stay at the Grand Pacific, as the very reasonable room rates, and full buffet breakfast included (at the time of our stay) were big drawcards. I must say, neither of us was disappointed! The room was clean and spacious. The swimmng pool was more than big enough for a good splash before dinner each evening. Facilities such as the washer and dryer also made the trip easier (there's nothing like having mountains of laundry to do on returning home to dispel that holiday mood!) The staff were polite, friendly and efficient-nothing was too much trouble for anyone we met. We certainly felt like part of the family after we stayed there for 10 days. The late check out was also most welcome, and was the perfect end to our trip. I would not hesitate to recommend the hotel to anyone travelling to Singapore-it's location is fantastic too. Within walking distance to Raffles, Raffles mall Bugis St markets & Bugis malls, CHIJMES, Clarke Quay and Marina Bay ( Marina Bay Sands, Gardens by the Bay, Art Science museum, Singapore Flyer etc) Jurong Bird Park, Botanic Gardens, Wild Wild Wet water park and other attractions are also easily accessible by bus, MRT or (plentiful) taxis. Great hotel-great location-great value!

Room Tip: We stayed in a Deluxe room on the 6th floor. The pool is located on the 5th floor, so maybe will ask...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
26 Thank AliceAlice194

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Hong Kong, China
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

I travelled with my wife in Singapore for a couple of days for her birthday. I chose the hotel because the preceding comments stated were nice overall and that I preferred a comparatively spacious one to a newly decorated one.

Upon check-in at the mid night on 20 July, there was another guest in-front enquiring about the locations of some scenic spots at the reception but the staff seemed not too helpful from her cool response. Anyway, I could have a smooth check-in without problems. The room should be spacious as compared with the generally tiny rooms in Singapore hotels. There is enough space for you to open two large luggages without difficulties. The decoration is indeed quite old but I don’t care much as long as it is clean. However, it is true from the previous comments that the water temperature is unstable.

The hotel is situated in the middle of several MRT stations which are all within 5 to 10 mins walk. I found the Bra Basha Station the nearest and then the Bugis or Cityhall Stations. I took the Bra Basha Station of the yellow line most for the transit station at Dhoby Ghaut to other lines. To the airport, I took Bugis and go straight along the green line. Though most of my visiting places fall on the purple line, the hotel location is still convenient.

On my wife’s birthday, I have bought a birthday cake with candles in Clarke Quay and took back to hotel for celebration. I called to the reception for matches or lighter in a bid to light up the candle. The reception staff told me to buy a lighter in the 7-11 around the corner as there was no lighter or matches from the hotel. The staff was impolite and cut the line before my last word. I called to the reception again and requested to talk to the manager direct for confirmation. The duty manager then illustrated to me that she was the in-charge of the hotel’s security and requested me to state the reason for a lighter again. Having repeated my reason, her answer was still “No”. I wondered if there was none anyway, why asked my reason. I tried to ask if any staff got a lighter and was kind enough to lend to me for a second, her answer was sharp and firm but again “No”. I told her that I couldn’t believe there was not a single match or lighter in the entire hotel which was named 4-star. Then I asked her the last question about how the staff could light something up in the kitchen. She was silent for a second and replied rudely that she would handle the case and I needed not to raise the voice to her. She cut the line sharply again and the lighter finally came. The most ridiculous thing in the world was that the hotel menu also provided birthday cakes but you should be prepared to get the cake with candle but without fire.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Love to Travel a

Travelers are raving about these Singapore hotels

Auckland, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

The hotel has a great location near Orchard Rd shopping and Raffles Hotel/Chimes area. The check in staff were friendly and helpful. I very much appreciated a free early check in at 8 am after a 10 hour overnight flight. De luxe room was good value for the price - spacious and modern. My booking for the second day was for a standard room but they permitted me to stay on in the deluxe room, so I do not know what a standard room is like. Wifi only in the coffee shop is a bit of a disadvantage. Only other problem was very cold room - even with the a/c turned off the whole time the temperature in the corridor kept the room too cold.

But overall a good experience.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
7 Thank Davids27892
Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

the rooms are quite big for average hotels in singapore.. even my 2 years son still can play hide n seek n running around the room.. the hot water runs well n neat but a little bit old.. breakfast was standard but still acceptable..

I had a very good sleep while staying in this hotel, is it bcoz of the cozy bed or I might just tired after having a long day walking round n there at spore.. just cant tell.. hehhee..

they have seven eleven n steak corner next to the hotel.. n walking distance from MRT station..

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank alencantiek
Adelaide, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

The hotel itself is nice and appealing. The staff are nice. The hotel has it's own restaurant but we chose to eat out to try other foods and also because it was cheaper to eat elsewhere. However, for those staying in the city for business, the restaurant will be a blessing when you're too tired to venture out to eat.

The major issue for me was that the room I was in on the tenth floor had a bad odour and an odour coming from the mattress. This could possibly be due to the country's high humidity levels.

The best thing about this place was the tidy rooms and the swimming pool. The pool was so nice to relax in and cool off. Great for when you are travelling with kids.

Overall a nice place for a short stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Loretta S
Adelaide
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

Its been a bit of time but I thought I would share my experiences

It was one of the first class hotels that I had stayed in that I could actually experience and remember my experiences previously my parents had organised the accomodation and I was a child back then.

Was on a Singapore airlines one night package on route to Cebu Philippines.

For what we got and it was provided in my airfare it was awsome. Breakfast buffet was included also all transfers to and from the airport.

The Singapore airlines stop over package was just the best its such a shame they got rid of it.

We had dinner at an outside cafe next to the hotel and basically thats when my mum fell in love with the Singapore noodles they were so yummy. I still dont understand how you can batter the prawn with the shell on it still

Room Tip: I would have to say if you are travelling Singapore airlines and they still have stop over packages...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank markoketo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

Although billed as 4 star, this hotel is really 3 star. The rooms are clean, not too cramped, and adequate. We had asked for adjoining rooms as a family on booking but this did not happen. Breakfast was very, very basic - there was the usual cereal, bread, hot cooked items, but quality at the lower end. For a short 2 day stay that we had, it was adequate, but would probably try somewhere else if we had to book again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family