“Quality hotel, great location”

Grand Pacific Hotel
Ranked #122 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed October 23, 2011

Have stayed at this hotel many times over the years when it was the Allson. I have always found it to be comfortable, clean and with friendly staff. Especially good location, easy walking to restaurants, shopping and MRT. In a very safe area, particularly for women going out alone after dark. Swimming pool is pleasant with garden setting nearby. Last stay was in a triple room, twin beds with a rollaway, OK for an overnight stay but a bit crowded for a longer stay. Breakfast quality does seem to have slipped a little since it became the Grand Pacific.

Room Tip: View from front rooms is more interesting than back rooms. I always request a room away from the lif...
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank stillbreathin

Reviewed October 23, 2011

I went to Singapore for the first time on the 11th Oct 2011. I spent 7 days at the Grand Pacific Hotel. The hotel was clean and comfortable and breakfast included in my rate. The breakfast was a buffet style affair and was very good. The room was clean and the bed had a very firm mattress that was very comfy. The bathroom had a shower and tub - although the tub was rather short in length. The pool was lovely and there was an abreviated poolside menu. There was a basic gym facility which I did not use. Overall I enjoyed my stay in the hotel - not luxury, but very good holiday accommodation.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank MegaDancer
Reviewed October 17, 2011

I stayed in Singapore 26-30 Sept 2011. Travelling alone, 50 year old woman. I found the Grand Pacific Hotel a top class establishment. I was on the tail end of a 8 week European tour so could compare to many top Hotels worldwide. My room was beautiful, plenty of space, extremely comfy beds and looked out on the Singapore Flyer. 10-15min walk and you are at Marina Bay and heaps to do from there. 5 mins and some great shopping malls, Raffles, Brugis St Markets. It was brilliant and I never felt unsafe even out late at night. The Staff were absolutely amazing, could not fault them. Just a note to be aware of I looked at the breakfast menu $30 for full everything you could eat, however if you are a guest it is only $15 so not as expensive as you may first believe. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 609 and it looked out towards the Singapore Flyer and overlooked the street -fully...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank Sandra B
Reviewed October 13, 2011

Due to my work in Singapore I was doomed to stay in Grand Pacific more than 15 weeks. However my overall view on the hotel is still very positive. The hotel staff was always very friendly and helpful and whatever problems I had in my room they were able to fix them within next few hours. The Laundry service was excellent and always on time. The swimming pool was much better located comparing to the next door Hotel at Queens and most of the day you were able to enjoy sun in a clean and enjoyable pool area. The location of hotel was excellent: a MRT station (Bras Basah) just round the corner and Chijmes with dozen restaurants and the Raffles mall just few hundreds meters away.

The breakfast was the weakest point of my stay: unfortunately it was always the same and very poring. However there were always a cook available to make fresh omelette and prepare eggs as you want.

Room Tip: never book your room at the top floor: air con units are always above!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Traveller_mj12
Reviewed October 5, 2011

Upon arrival they were friendly and nice to my 7 year old son, but that changed the day after where staff was not friendly as much anymore. When asking if I could take an earlier ride to the airport they acted like i was asking for something impossible and I had to keep asking before they actually rung the van driver. Expensive breakfast so I wouldnt suggest having it there.
Rooms were small but sufficient. Overall ok but I wouldnt be going there again...

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 30, 2011

Stayed at the hotel for a few hours as it was a day stay (sudden trip to Singapore). Got a decent room after struggling to get my reservation confirmed at the reception. Had a good breakfast, the spread is pretty good. The staff wasn't friendly but wasn't rude either which was OK with me. Just feel the service could be better, overall.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 25, 2011

This hotel could not be better placed for location for our needs - as first timers to Singapore we found it fab! Rooms were the standard 'you could be anywhere' in the world style room but clean and comfortable - we could see the Singapoe Flyer from our room! Small pool and laundry on level 5 as is the small gym. Staff very friendly and breakfast is international style with something for everyone - we miss the smiley, friendly face of the omelette lady!!
The only downside is that they do not have a bar as such - if you want a drink you sit in reception ( or do as we did - for a cheap Tiger beer - hope over to the hawker centre across the road - open until late)
Location is our main priority in a city break and this ticked the box!

Room Tip: Check in as early as possible - send an e-mail to them a couple of days before to ask for a refurbis...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends