Recently, we had 4 nights stay at Village Albert Court. We booked 3 Superior rooms through the travel agent & to our surprise, room sizes were smaller than our imagination. I booked one of the the room keeping in mind the accomodation for 2 adults & 2 kids (9 & 4), however it was smaller for even a small family. Also, same category rooms like Deluxe have various sizes by design, which is inappropriate. Knowing the size of the family, nobody bothered to find the room with maximum area & allocate accordingly. The interiors need renovation for sure. Staff for room service is very good, however the reception staff needs training to be little more friendly with atleast a smile on their face :-)
Breakfast menu was different every day & was quite a good mix of veg & non-veg. The staff at Breakfast area was very cooperative & friendly. Also, location is definitely a plus due to nearby places like Little India, Bugis & MRT. The washroom was shabby with aged shower. The outside view towards roadside will showcase construction activities for MRT & the other side of the hotel has nothing much to offer. The room sizes are bigger with better decor for same flagship hotel - Hotel Village Landmark nearby.
Overall a pleasant experience but expectations were higher from such good brand.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Hotel Albert Court is a landmark of Albert Street restored from pre-war shop houses. The Paranakan-styled hotel has enhanced the historical shop houses with modern luxury to endowed guests to enjoy convenience while indulging in its rich cultural guestrooms. This popular hotel lies along the famous street for food and beverage before the 1980s, Albert Street. It was named the Gourmand Street of Singapore in Cantonese. The many celebrated restaurants still exist around the hotel today. The well located hotel is located in the heart of Singapore and is easily accessible to the Business District and Shopping District, which offers convenience to both the business and leisure travellers. From April 2014, experience the newly refurbished rooms designed with the necessities and comfort in mind for both business and leisure travellers as well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Village Hotel Albert Court by Far East Hospitality reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albert Court Hotel Singapore
- Village Hotel Albert Court By Far East Hospitality Singapore