We (two couples) stayed two nights in this hotel, en-route for Oz, and would definitely recommend it. It is situated very close to the Little India area, which is buzzing, colourful and fascinating, and has easy access to the metro station. Our room was really nice: spacious, with iron, hairdryer, wardrobe, safe, armchairs, airconditioning etc, and a lovely, big comfortable bed. We were at the back of the new (annexe) building, which was fairly quiet, and we had two great nights sleep. The en-suite was fine, with good toiletries/mini-toothbrush/mini razor etc - which were nice extras - the only slight negative was that the shower was over the bath and not a walk-in one, but it was fine. Breakfast was served until 10.30 each morning (although we almost over-slept on the first morning!), with plenty of coffee (essential), cereals, some fruit (fresh and dried), and an array of hot dishes, including curry, noodles, etc for those with a good appetite in the morning. It was served in a pleasant dining room in the main hotel building, and was a lovely, relaxed way to start the day. We didn't eat other meals in the hotel - having found a superb, small, crowded and very cheap Indian restaurant (recommended by one of the guide books) a few minutes' walk away in Little India. Drinks at the hotel bar - and in the bars around the courtyard - were pricey, but the Singapore Sling was delicious despite the cost!! We'd definitely recommend this hotel to others. Incidentally, another reviewer referred to the tube: it was a great way to travel, especially if you buy a day ticket. The carriages are very clean, and the trains always ran on time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Hotel Albert Court is a landmark of Albert Street restored from pre-war shop houses. The Paranakan-styled hotel has enhanced the historical shop houses with modern luxury to endowed guests to enjoy convenience while indulging in its rich cultural guestrooms. This popular hotel lies along the famous street for food and beverage before the 1980s, Albert Street. It was named the Gourmand Street of Singapore in Cantonese. The many celebrated restaurants still exist around the hotel today. The well located hotel is located in the heart of Singapore and is easily accessible to the Business District and Shopping District, which offers convenience to both the business and leisure travellers. From April 2014, experience the newly refurbished rooms designed with the necessities and comfort in mind for both business and leisure travellers as well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Orbitz and Odigeo so you can book your Village Hotel Albert Court by Far East Hospitality reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albert Court Hotel Singapore
- Village Hotel Albert Court By Far East Hospitality Singapore