The hotel is nice, cosy with nice decor. In a good location with shops and eateries all around.
The room we got was nice and cosy only a bit smaller being tucked in around the corner by the lift. So it could get a bit noisy if there are many guests using the lifts.
What got my goat was they gave my partner and I twin rooms even though we had requested a double! And when we had gone down to request for a change there was no apology at all.
Speaking of the staff, we had to wait a long time for check-in. The area was too squeezy and the staff(males who all seemed young and wet behind the ears) did not handle the situation well. No eye contact, no smiles, no apologies for waiting.
The cake on the icing was when we called to ask for a late check-out. A Filipino male staff said that it was not possible as all rooms were fully booked. But I saw that there Were rooms available on asiatravel n booking.com!
All the above gives me the impression that the staff at this hotel is unprofessional, did not get proper training, is not proud of their job and eager to provide a good hospitality experience.
The service experience pales in comparison with other hotels of similar class.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Hotel Albert Court is a landmark of Albert Street restored from pre-war shop houses. The Paranakan-styled hotel has enhanced the historical shop houses with modern luxury to endowed guests to enjoy convenience while indulging in its rich cultural guestrooms. This popular hotel lies along the famous street for food and beverage before the 1980s, Albert Street. It was named the Gourmand Street of Singapore in Cantonese. The many celebrated restaurants still exist around the hotel today. The well located hotel is located in the heart of Singapore and is easily accessible to the Business District and Shopping District, which offers convenience to both the business and leisure travellers. From April 2014, experience the newly refurbished rooms designed with the necessities and comfort in mind for both business and leisure travellers as well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Village Hotel Albert Court by Far East Hospitality reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albert Court Hotel Singapore
- Village Hotel Albert Court By Far East Hospitality Singapore