“Hospitality is what this place is about.”

Village Hotel Albert Court by Far East Hospitality
Ranked #74 of 315 Hotels in Singapore
warsaw
“Hospitality is what this place is about.”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Last week I stayed at this place only one night. I was looking forward to visiting Little India, located just across the street. After a wonderful breakfast and a great sleep in a lovely room I enjoyed my morning. The staff were so courtieous, extending hospitality at every step of the way. Then I got very sick, just as I was going to check out. The staff working at reception, kindly extended my stay for additional 4 hours, during which time I was able to recover. While waiting for taxi to the airport, the staff were checking on me few times, offering water and asking after my wellbeing. Everything at this hotel was really nice and good style, but what will stay with me is their hospitality and courtesy. I look forward to visiting the place again and will not hesitate to recommend.it. Big thanks to the staff members who worked on 19th and 20th Jan.

Room Tip: Great place right next to Little India. Close to metro line.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank JazzWarsaw
Vernon L, Manager at Village Hotel Albert Court by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Dear JazzWarsaw,

Thank you for sharing about your stay at Albert Court Village Hotel. We are glad that you had enjoyed your stay.

We are humbled by your compliment about our hotel and our team. We had always placed the wellbeing of our guest as our number one priority. Your affirmation of our efforts will spur us to work harder.

We are excited that we had made a difference to your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to our Village at Albert Court soon.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (402)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Will surely stay here again. Stayed for 2 nights. The staff were very friendly and efficient. The hotel is centrally located and very clean and pleasant. I arrived early and the staff were extremely helpful with an early check-in and an upgrade because the initial room that I had booked was not available at that time. A very comfortable and affordable place. Rooms were clean and the breakfast buffet is great value for money. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone that plans to visit Singapore.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Mitika99
Vernon L, Manager at Village Hotel Albert Court by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Dear Mitika99,

We thank you for choosing to stay with us and we are glad that you had enjoyed your stay.

We appreciate your compliments for our team and our breakfast service. We will definitely continue to work hard to bring you an even better experience on your next visit.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our Village at Albert Court soon.

Kulim, Malaysia
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I had a wonderful 4D3N visit to Singapore with my 3 children last week and Albert Court Village Hotel location and good services play a role in making it better. The breakfast menu change everyday make us look forward towards it every morning. Off course there is some small mistakes make by the hotel but the most importance factor is that they solve it immediately and efficiently.
Keep up the good job and strike for A+...

Room Tip: Look for premier double room 111 and 110 if you want a quiet and peaceful stay.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
13 Thank MisterLimSon
Dear MisterLimSon,

I apologise for the mistakes that we have made during your stay and I thank you for giving us the chance to make it right for you. We strive to give our guest a memorable experience and we will continue to work hard to deliver this promise.

I thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back to our Village at Albert Court soon.

Copenhagen
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights, at first we walked with our luggage from Bugis st. which turns to be pretty far. Hotel itself is ok, with small reception. A shorter walk to Little India st. Anyway it locates just next to a big street which lots of cars especially in daytime. So I found it very noisy as we had jetlag and wanted to sleep while got a room on the street side.
A good thing is that it's about one stop to Orchard street area, but we walked there few times which is fine. Also it seems that most taxi knows the way to this hotel. The room itself is simple. We did not have breakfast at the hotel as we found it's pricey.
In conclusion, if you want to stay fairly close to mrt or little india area, here is the place. It's not cheap for some period, but next time we will pay some more to stay closer to the center.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Vernon L, Manager at Village Hotel Albert Court by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Dear mattfyr,

We thank you for sharing about your stay at Albert Court Village Hotel. We hope that you had enjoyed your stay with us.

We appreciate your comments about the noise from the road. We are constantly listening to our guests and improving our product and services to serve them better. We had recently completed the sound proofing of all the rooms facing the road and have noticed significant improvements. We will continue to work to make it better.

We thank you for choosing to stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to our Village at Albert Court soon.

Manila
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I had minimal expectations for this hotel. Saw it on Agoda.com and noted that it had mixed reviews. Since our budget was tight, choices were limited. But I'm glad we did.

First let's talk about location. It's around 15minutes from the Changi Airport, settled in the Little India area. MRT was around 5 minutes away which was a huge plus for us. It was in the purple line, making it quick access to most tourist stops Bugis, Orchard Road, Harbor Front(To Sentosa), Marina Bay, etc.

Cleanliness. The hotel was surprisingly clean. I read some reviews saying that there were instances of blood stains? brown dyed towels? But it had none of that in our room. Sheets were very clean. The floor was spotless. The restroom always looked good. This extends outside our room. Hotel lobby also looked nice.

Service. Awesome. I requested for a quiet room at the back of the hotel to avoid the noise from the street and it was pre arranged for us on arrival. Our room was upgraded as well when they noticed that I was celebrating my birthday there. Special shout out to Melvin for taking care of us during our stay! They even prepared a birthday cake for me on the first day.

Few notes. When we called for our luggage to be brought down it took a while before someone actually came to our room. Requesting service from the room(Dial 0) also took a while before someone answered.

All in all, a pretty great experience! We would definitely recommend this hotel to our friends and family. This surely won't be our last stay there.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Z T
Vernon L, Manager at Village Hotel Albert Court by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear Zsa T,

I would like to thank you for sharing about your stay at Albert Court Village Hotel. We are glad that you had enjoyed your stay.

We thank you for affirming our efforts in maintaining a high level of cleanliness and providing 5 star service. Your feedback will give us the assurance that we are headed for the right direction and will drive us to work harder.

We are grateful for your comments about our porter service. We will definitely look into our shortcomings and redesign our processes to improve your future experience.

I thank you for choosing to stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to our Village at Albert Court.

Yours Sincerely,
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We only had 24 hours in Singapore as transit travellers; my travelling companion became acutely ill as we were checking out. I was able to arrange a few hours extended stay at no extra cost and the staff contacted a doctor who attended to my friend. I will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: we asked for a budget room with twin beds.... we were given an upgrade.... an excellent room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear joybehiworldcitizen,

We thank you for sharing about your stay at Albert Court Village Hotel.

The wellbeing of our guest is of utmost importance to us and we are glad to be of service to you and your travelling companion. We hope that the prompt medical attention made a difference and your companion has since recovered fully.

We thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to our Village at Albert Court soon.

Jakarta
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Great welcoming from the doors staff and was willingly to help on the direction, very informative. the room was quite good. Customer service respond time for changing my key when it didn't work took so long, make me a little disappointed.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Vernon L, Manager at Village Hotel Albert Court by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear idatchka,

We thank you for appreciating our staff and our efforts in our rooms. We strive to respond to our guest needs as quickly as possible. The replacement of your key card took longer than it should have and we sincerely apologise for the wait.