“Good sleep, friendly staff and nice pool.”

The Elizabeth Hotel by Far East Hospitality
Ranked #82 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
Madrid, Spain
“Good sleep, friendly staff and nice pool.”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Quiet environment, comfortable bed and quality sheets are great ingredients to ensure a good sleep, and The Elizabeth have them. But don't forget to switch on the Do-not-disturb sign or at 9am the laundry woman and at 9.30am the minibar guy will come directly into the room with you inside... The swimming pool is small but very relaxing. The staff is in general quite friendly and smiley (mainly the waiters and maids). It is just 10 minutes walk from Orchard malls and less than 15 minutes from the underground. They should fix some problems they have with the internet wifi. It can get too slow and sometimes you can not connect as 'the maximum number of connections has been reached'.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank PeterElbaMartin
Mohd Faharudin M, Manager at The Elizabeth Hotel by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, December 25, 2013
Dear Pedro V

Thank you for your compliments on the positive sleep experience during your recent stay with us.

The Operations team from Housekeeping and Minibar have reviewed your comments on the collection time and have amended it to 10.00 am onwards.

We will definitely review the wifi internet connectivity with the IT team on the optimal connections required given the demand and occupancy.

We look forward to welcome you back soon. Wishing you the best for 2014

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bangor, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 15, 2013

My stay was from 2.12.13 to 11.12.13. I had booked an inclus BB room stay.
I booked this hotel on a local person recommendation as this hotel was needed ultimately for its location, that was 10 mins downhill walk onto Orchard Road.
I kept I watchful eye on Tripadvisor review that grew concerns about my choice...so there is consistency of compliant to mine.
Upon arrival Bernard met me with a smile even though he was occupied.
Reception check in was handled swiftly & earlier room allocation was greatly appreciated after a long flight from london but had travelling from the day before from Belfast.
Bernard announced, that he would upgrade to a premier room but could not honour the entitlement of the hotel advertised bonuses of free laundry, mini bar etc, noticed as I travelled inside the lift.
I appreciated that he annouced free internet access from their own I room though as I my children fell ill after I left them.
Once in the room of 825 I couldnt find any upgrade as I just found an ordinary one double bed in a room with very basic furniture along with TV ,an iron, mini bar, safe, hairdryer, bath robe & slippers in a seemingly newly decorated room, that was spotlessly clean in a cramp bed floor space. My room view was over the next door neighbours building site.
I will say this 2 person set bedroom was no greater than a very basic standard 3 star hotel room across the world i have experienced.
There were certainly no feeling of frills or plushness other than supplied water for the kettle and ample bathroom toiletries and usual changing of towels.
I would dread to think how two people could have coped in such a cramp floor space and inadequate wardrobe space in this room.
The bed was firm standard with comfortable amount of pillows however had to request a blanket to sleep well for one annoying fault of feeling freezed..
my fav area of room was the bathroom as it did have an free standing bath that could be filled with deep water from those city roaming foot aching days.
I avoided the shower as the water tended to spill onto the main bathroom floor making it very slippy and had experienced an accident on my first time using it.
I must say all small faults that were found in the first 24 hours had been corrected quickly & Bernard was a gentleman to make sure that really matter so my comfort was met.
from
hair flowing upward from the bath stopper,
same bath stopper not holding water in bath properly,
inadequate amount of coat hangers in wardrobe
the fixing of the falling off handle on the shower door.
request of bath mats for water over spill splash onto main shower floor
the fixing of the baths shower head as it leaked onto floor to make the floor bathroom surface very slippy too.
Aircon correction as the room had " freezing" cold temps, believe I am from a snowny Ireland but didnt expect my room to be so so cold.
My detection concluded the rooms fault came from the time you removed your hotel card key from room switch, that the hotel regulated vents just by front hotel door blew the rest of the regulated hotels air condition tempature.into room while your absent.
I requested an extension cable for another found room fault as there wasnt any socket near the vanity basin/ mirror
or mirror near a socket in bedroom which was most annoying for a female wanting to dry her hair.
This request was not honoured so I had to improvise by using the shiny bottom of the lamp turn on its side on the dressing table.
The Tv had limited English channels but this didnt quite matter to me as I ventured out for long sight seeing hours.

ok onto hotel breakfast this was very poor not just for European taste but for Asian too
In my opinion there was NO effort to present food to be appetitizing!.
on presentation every day without any different offerings.
one bowl of Tinned fruit
one choice of supplied fresh fruit.
limited fresh fruit juice that tasted watered down,
two poor cereal choices,
over cooked very greasy cold streaky bacon
cold baked beans,
seemingly no fresh bread and dried up crossiants/danishes.
dreadful Tea coffee.
The service from Irene manageress at Moentos was exceptional as she understood my needs to be seated as I had fell ill.
My recommendation is to stay away from the table settings that are near the service work station as staff cleaning agents can smell making it a stomach churning experience and annoyingly have your plates removed before being finished.
Regardless I wouldnt have paid for this breakfast.

Ok location of this hotel.
It is not for families with pushchairs,
dont cater for children in any way!
nor Any disabled person with a wheelchair
infirmed walking eldery.
Only for fit and able walking visitors
There is a considerable walk downward onto orchard Road but a difficult one walking back if you have tired yourself out. Taxi's are readily available but there is a considerable pick up charge added if got at any hotel door. The standard charge starts at Sg 3.40 + the journey taken. MRT Ezlink card is best bought at 22 sg dollars this covers bus and underground to get about and much better value.
Mount Elizabeth Road is very busy during the day as two big hospital clinics are in operation as like any other hospital with deliveries. There are advantages to this, if you do fall ill as you can use their 12th floor pharmacy with local prices for medication and seek quick Doctors help.

There is a short cut down to Orchard via Scots Road crossroads through the gates of the York hotel across the road that pass through the Goodward plaza hotel grounds and is much easier to walk especially at night time. My main concern would I feel safe as a lone female at night and must say I fully experienced just that! Dont expect too much chat with drivers though.

There is an ample stocked seven 11 store down by this road on left 300 metres away for those basic snacks but the best food supply is at the Paragon shopping mall basement level with a full supermarket with the worlds and British recognisable products around 10 mins walk away.
Benard is most helpful when it comes to the closest hotel so dont hestitate to get him to advise you best!
The MRT is 15 mins walk away and assessible from the Marriott Hotel via Tangs & lucky plaza but must say you would need an underground map to find your way around them..I found the underground much more confusing with the current underground redirected repair routes..
Would I return,,,I would have said Yes by 5/12/13. IF you are wanting to have basic accomodation.
but after experiencing missing flip flops and two accessories dress belts its a big NO even though the Hotel handled this serious matter very quickly and greatly apologised by quick replacement of flip flops, and credited me for a 2 item laundry service & small left checkout bill.
On goodwill of Christmas I agreed with Bernard to give this hotel a full pardon and this fair account review.
If on return to Singapore I highly recommend the Far East hospitality Hotel called Quincy which is next door. Upon sheer nosieness I inspected the rooms and facilities of this hotel is far superior for a similar room rate price.

Room Tip: 825 next door at the Quincy hotel if you wish to have the best of location to Orchard Road Scots roa...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank andi042
Mohd Faharudin M, Manager at The Elizabeth Hotel by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Dear andi042

Thank you for taking the time to share your stay experience with us and rest assured that we have reviewed at length with the Operations team on our shortcomings. The team has taken corrective measures since then to address this.

Despite what Bernard has done in service recovery, we still fail to meet your expectation.

However we liked to thank you for your patronage and wish you the best for the New Year

Have a pleasant week ahead

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Some of the staff was clueless, and some were seemingly on top of things. When we were checked in first -we were put into a room with lots of mold, a dirty bathroom with hair all over the floor and a very damp carpet and feel overall. Fortunately, we were put into another "upgraded" room and that was better. Then we were booked for the free tour of the city. Unfortunately, no-one noticed until the last minute that our reservation was set up for a day that we weren't even checked into the hotel. Then we were told to take a taxi, at our own expense, to the Singapore Flyer where the buses depart from. Just a total cluster... They ended up covering the taxi after extended conversations about our dissatisfaction with their whole process.

Room Tip: Our first room was on the 12th floor (I think!) and it was awful, we were moved to the 5th floor and...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jennifer E

Thank you for sharing your stay experience and unfortunately it has not been a positive one.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the shortcomings and rest assured that the team has been briefed to take corrective measures.

Intensive care program has been conducted by the Housekeeping and Engineering team since then to ensure that rooms are cleaned to the standard expected.

Communcation between the Operations and Reservation team are conducted regularly to ensure that pertinent guest information are shared prior to their arrival.

While we regret that we failed to meet your expectation this time, we appreciate if you could grant us an opportunity to restore your confidence in our services. Please do not hesitate to contact me at faharudin@fareast.com.sg should you decide to.

In the meantime we would like to wish you the best for the New Year

New York City, New York
Reviewed December 13, 2013

The reception looked ok , but take the elevator to your room and see what happens. Dirty carpets that look like they haven't been vacuumed in the corners for ages, dirty walls, and then enter your room. You are met with the same dirtiness along with no lights except for one that work. Electrical coils that lay openly around and would never be allowed in hotels in other countries. This is a standard room and perhaps the upgraded ones are better. But, one would think that keeping a standard room clean and up to standards is just as important .

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank leneanne
Mohd Faharudin M, Manager at The Elizabeth Hotel by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, December 15, 2013
Dear leneanne

Thank you for your comments and we definitely have a lot of work to be done in mantaining consistency with the standard of cleanliness in our standard rooms.

We have addressed this with the Engineering and Housekeeping team who have initiated a room care program to ensure that cleaning standards are adhered to.

While we regret that we failed to meet with your expectation this time, we hope that you will grant us an opportunity to restore your confidence in our service

Have a pleasant week ahead

Indonesia
Reviewed December 11, 2013

We chose to stay there because of a promotional deal. Once we checked in, we loved the hotel. It's located on a quiet area, but only 5-minutes walk from Orchard Road. Paragon shopping mall, Lucky Plaza and Mount Elizabeth Hospital are very nearby. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff were polite, courteous and helpful. The swimming pool is small, the restaurant is too. There is another restaurant adjacent to the hotel, and it's quite nice and posh.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ed-Henry

It's great to learn that you loved the hotel with it's quiet location, clean comfortable room and above all the polite, courteous and helpful staff.

The team at The Elizabeth Hotel appreciates your comments and it has been a pleasure having you with us during your visit to Singapore.

We look forward to welcome you back soon.

Have a nice week ahead

Ipoh, Malaysia
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Great service from the front desk staff especially Ms Hew. She is very courteous and attentive as i told her my request of adding an additional bed upon check in - the request was met with promptly. Really appreciate the great services by the staff of this hotel - made my stay at Elizabeth Hotel a great stay. Thank you everyone at the Elizabeth hotel particularly Ms hew. Good day!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank zcgoh
Dear zcgoh

Thank you for your compliments and will definitely share this with Ms Hew who have made your stay a great and memorable experience.

We look forward to welcome you back.

Have a great week ahead.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Singapore is a small country and space is therefore at a premium. Which means hotel rooms can be small and slightly overpriced. Which was the case at The Elizabeth Hotel. We got an upgrade and even with that our room was extremely small and dark with only a small window. It did have a free standing bath which was pretty cool. The pool is nice and overall service was good. Location wise it is perfect as only a short stroll down a very nice residential are to the main shopping street, and supermarkets.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear KarlienB

Thank you for taking the time to share your stay experience with us mentioning that the hotel's location amidst a quiet residential area is just perfect as it is a short stroll to the main shopping street, Orchard Road and supermarkets.

We are glad that you like the upgrade room with a pretty cool standing shower.

Looking forward to welcome you back in the not too distant future.