Booked online and had to prepay because it was one of the better values on the web. On paper, it looked great - fantastic location at a ten minute downhill stroll from the Paragon Shopping Centre smack in the middle of Orchard Road. Equally, a short cut through the York Car park gets you to Scotts Road and the Far East Plaza (which incidentally owns the Elizabeth)
The hotel's location was pretty much the main atraction, as the Elizabeth was showing its age. Old wooden panels dominate and everyihtng feels thirty years ago. All the controls are on the main console between the twin single beds, including the floor mains for the kettle. After failing to get it to work the front desk sent up the cleaning maid who showed me how to flip it on. The safe in 1216 also wasn't working, so there was nowhere to park the passport and other security bits. The car park happily took my Autopass Card but wouldn't recognise the "get out of car park free" card that the front desk issued. Thankfully the intercom worked and they released me.
Not that this seemed to be stopping anyone staying there. Breakfast was brisk and busy and coaches loaded with tourists parked up and degorged the happy prospective shoppers. Mixed bag of nationalities.
Free bottled water was nice, as was a spirited evening with the Sinapgore Arsenal Fan Club who enjoyed watching their heroes score a victory. The Elizabeth is great for shoppers, but not much else in terms of families. There is a pool, but it came over more as a business hotel. The York across the road seems more geared for families - the Elizabeth was mostly couples and singles. In all, it was okay, but I do like the little things to work. The Elizabeth failed on this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed with a distinct European accent, The Elizabeth Hotel is a modern take on a classical era, with its modern chandeliers and black marble counters accentuated by warm back lights. The overall look and feel of the interior décor is one of timeless elegance, with strong tones of colonial influences.Located just minutes from the famous Orchard Road shopping district by foot, and only a 25-minute car ride from Changi International Airport, we are strategically situated on the private and exclusive enclave on Mount Elizabeth.The Elizabeth Hotel is the definite choice for both business and leisure travellers looking for a hotel with character and within easy reach to Orchard Road. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Elizabeth Hotel by Far East Hospitality reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elizabeth a Far East Hotel
- Elizabeth Hotel Singapore
- Elizabeth Far East Hotel
- The Elizabeth Hotel By Far East Hospitality Singapore