Robertson Quay Hotel
$258
$173
  • Restaurant
One Farrer Hotel & Spa(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$186
$163
Crowne Plaza Changi Airport(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$143
$297
$215
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Park Hotel Clarke Quay(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$114
$92
Official Website
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We went to see family in Singapore and knew the rooms were small we were on the 10th floor with a connecting door to the twin room it was small and not a lot of room to put cases once they were unpacked,rooms were a bit old and tired but the beds were made every day and the staff were friendly and helpful breakfast was ok The hotel was pretty central for boat quay and Clark quay. and Robertson quay. pool small but nice to go for a dip to cool off. adequate for a base to stay for a trip. spa was being refurbished so can't comment on that. building site outside but most of singapore is like that.

Room Tip: go for a room higher up for nice views of clark quay
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Lorraine H
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Yes, the bathroom is small. You've gotta shower with half of your body hanging out of the shower stall. (we brought our own shampoo and conditioner, the good kind to make us feel better)
Yes, the towels are old and ratty. (we brought our own)
Yes, the decor is dire.
Yes, there is a moldy smell.
Yes, the room is super micro.
Yes, The bedspread are not as new as I would like them to be. I didn't actually get into the bed. so I slept on top of the bed sheets (I brought my own silk sleeping bag that I bought in Hanoi a few years ago. Take it on every trip and use it if I question the cleanliness of bed sheets. I highly recommend it)
BUT... the staff's nice, the small pool is useful to get out of the heat, and robertson quay is a developing little area that is walking distance to clarke quay and boat quay, so the location is super convenient.
And let's face it, we chose the hotel to save money. We spent what we saved on food and drinks and had a great vacation.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Taipeiworldlywise
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We knew it was small, we knew it was dated, we knew you had to do the hokey pokey to have a shower but still we thought we'd give it a go. Singapore is hideously expensive in terms of 'what you get' comparitively to other countries in Asia and further afield and we prefer to spend our money out and about than on where we sleep.

I have one complaint......The beds are like concrete. We had two rooms - a double and twin interconnecting and the beds didn't get any softer, no matter how many you sat on. If you like hard beds, you'll love them. If you're a bit of a more medium firmness, pillow top kind of person like me, be prepared. I'm just grateful I'm not boney.....as always, it could've been worse. it could've been the floor.

Really, while the rooms are small, I read there was nowhere to put luggage etc in previous reviews. We fitted two reasonable sized bags and two daypacks on the 'bay' window with ease and still had room to sit and watch the tropical downpours at night. It wasn't really a problem. My biggest problem was in the shower. I thought I was smart balancing all my toiletries on the sink, an easy ten centimetres away (haha) but every time I leaned to get something my backside would nudge the tap downwards, effectively turning the water off. The first couple of times I was oblivious that it was my gluteous maximus that was responsible and did the 'frown, jiggle the tap thing' but had a good giggle when I realised what was happening. Its definitely not a shower for two or a bathroom for two. One has to do their business before the other can go in and do theres. Unless 'My family' stick figures have evolved from car windows.

The staff were mostly friendly and helpful, the internet annoyed me a bit. I paid for three days 'time elapsed' and it was disconnected after three 24 hour periods whilst it still had 2 days, 22 hours use on it. Breakfast was fine. After spending a month in Malaysia at Christmas, I'm used to the hodge podge breakfasts of delights.

Yes, you have to walk a bit to get to things but its one of the hotels that tours will pick you up from and seriously, taxi's are regulated and SO CHEAP. I felt guilty handing over piddly fares of $4.35 from the hotel to the Singapore Flyer etc.

If you're looking for a bed at night, its more than adequate. If you're looking for the Ritz, go and stay there and pay the overinflated prices. This place is warm and friendly but no ones going to carry your bag for you.

We'd stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room high up with a view of the river. We were on the 10th floor (the top) and looked out over the river. Could even see the new Marina Sands.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Clarkies_Travels
Reviewed April 3, 2013

After a lovely holiday starting in the El Nina hotel in Hong Kong. Then an 8 day luxury cruise on the Queen Victoria. We arrived in Singapore to be dropped of at this filthy flea pit. The room was dated with torn wall paper, broken tiles, holes in the ceiling mould on the shower area and shower curtain. The towel was so old there was no flocking left on it. ( note I said Towel singular) I do not recommend anyone stay here.. Disgusting is the only word that springs to mind...

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank fitboab
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Like others have said if you can put up with the awful décor,dire bathroom,small pokey bedrooms with hardly any where to hang clothes then it`s o.k.what we can say in defence is the fact that the staff were great,the room was clean bed sheets clean and changed regularly and the view both day and night excellent.Breakfast was a bit of a let down but we werenot expecting too much,it was adequate,eggswere nice sausages treat with respect,toaster was the fastest one I have ever come across,all in all there was enough for me to keep me going till lunchtime.Great situation a few minutes from Clarke Quay and Chinatown and just 1 minute round the corner there are lots of good eating places.For the price its not so bad close to lots of places including the river and only a few dollars to Orchard road.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the river especially nice to see at night.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple