“Good location, good hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Orchard Hotel Singapore

Orchard Hotel Singapore
Ranked #66 of 309 Hotels in Singapore
Doha
“Good location, good hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

I stayed at the Orchard during my business trip in August 2012. I really enjoyed the week long stay here. Service was prompt and very good. Room was top notch and maintained very well. Breakfast was excellent. The hotel has a very good bar at the ground floor, although at times it was really noisy with the music a bit too loud. The location of this hotel is really good.

One thing that a visitor should remember is to take the package deal which includes internet, daily laundry and a complimentary drink at the restaurant in the new wing of the hotel. We were not informed about this during the hotel booking, but the front desk informed us during check-in.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the new wing of the hotel. Entry to the restaurant on the top floor is restricted t...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ashishvb
OrchardHotelSing, GSM at Orchard Hotel Singapore, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear ashishvb
Thank you for your enlightening review.
It is gratifying to hear that your stay was enjoyable and that you have found our hotel’s strategic location and the genuine care we have delivered met and exceeded your expectations.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Guest Services Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (689)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Berlin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

The Orchard hotel is in a central district of Singapore in the middle of several shopping centres. The walking distance to 2 subway stations is about 5 minutes so all parts of the city can be reached easily.
The hotel is a typical city hotel with small rooms and very functional interior. The atmosphere is a little bit cool but staff is very friendly and helpful.
Free internet is available, breakfast was not included in the room rate and would have cost a lot. Opposite the hotel there is a bakery and also the shopping centres around offer good breakfast.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank lwoerndl
Dear Iwoerndl
We are delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you have found our service and the hotel prime location have surpassed your expectations.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Shenzhen, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

I recently stayed at the Orchard hotel for business purposes and unfortunately during this time I was in need to visit the hospital for reasons unconnected to the hotel.
The staff at the hotel was very caring and personally assisted me to the local hospital for the required treatment. This type of action clearly demonstrates the level of customer service and satisfaction that you can expect from the Orchard hotel.
I have also stayed at the Orchard hotel with my family for a family holiday and this was a very enjoyable experience and demonstrates that this hotel is more than just a business hotel.
Great hotel and attention to detail. will return soon without any hesitation.

Room Tip: They are all good rooms, however like any hotel the more you pay the better the room....?
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear stephen b
We are delighted to hear that you had a captivating and memorable experience during your recent visit with us and our staff had played an integral part in delivering an exceptional service thatb had enhanced your stay.
It is our goal to continuously delight our guests and to meet and surpassed their service expectations.
We look forward for your return visit soon.

bondi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

This was a great hotel for the stop-over tourist. I appreciated the immediate check in service, proximity to Orchard road, the room upgrade, and the late 2pm checkout. The tour desk at the front entrance was also handy for a quick advice ..Many thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
OrchardHotelSing, GSM at Orchard Hotel Singapore, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear iloveholsbondi
We thank you for selecting Orchard Hotel Singapore as your preferred accommodation for your recent trip.
We are pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you have found our services and our hotel’s strategic location have surpassed your expectations.
We certainly look forward to welcoming you back.

Osaka, Japan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

i think the location of this hotel is very strategic in the other end of Orchard Road. And i think the hotel could still increase their value by adding more facilities and compliments so that they can compete with other prestigious hotels in the same area.

For price concern, the hotel is competitive.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Mahendra Y
Dear Mahendra Y
Allow us to thank you for your valued comment.
We appreciate the fact that you have taken the time to share your views with us and have found The Orchard Hotel's centralized location have met your expectations.
We look forward for the opportunity to welcome you back again in the near future.

perth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

This hotel was good on the whole but I do have at least one complaint and a few other feedback for improvement.

I arrived at 5am for check in. The front desk staff went on to check me in and promptly told me room wont be ready till about 1030am, which was fine by me. But then, in the middle of checking me in, he told me to step aside as he needed to serve the guest behind me in the queue first.

I was only able to complete my check in after this 10 min wait. I cannot think of any reason why I have to wait for someone who turned up later than me. No explanation was offered to me either.

I booked a executive club room and was given room 1332. In the lift, the floor 14-17 were executive club. So I am now unsure if 1332 was a executive club room at all in the first place.

Most other experieces at the hotel was good. Poolside needs improvement. There was no wait staff attending to guests or asking for their drinks/food order. There was actually no evidence that they were even serving food/drinks there except for a menu at the towel desk.

Executive club breakfast range appeared smaller compared to the breakfast for normal room guest at the Orchard Cafe.

Executive club rooms promised cocktails during happy hours at the club lounge but was told otherwise when I arrived there. The cocktails were mentioned in my welcome letter as well. So either the hotel falsing advertises or the staff misinformed me.

Another mishap I experienced at the hotel was at the Noodle bar. This bar was widely advertised all around the premises. But when I got there, I found out that the only staff there didnt speak any english nor the national language of the country. How can such a guy even be employed in Singapore in the first place? Most of the guests were western anyway. Even in hotels in third world countries make it a must to employ only english speaking staff.

Besides the few irregularities, the Orchard Hotel is actually quite a decent place to stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Eswaran m
At all times in our interaction with our guests, it essential that we step back and listen to what our guests are saying to us and understand the issues that are prime importance to them.
As such your comments and suggestions are important to us as it is our building block to deliver the experience that the guest is looking for in their stay with us.
Please do not hesitate to contact us at gsm@orchardhotel.com.sg as we look forward for the opportunity to welcoming you back.

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

I booked a room for 2 nights this coming Chinese New Year. I thought early bird catches the worm, but I was dead wrong. I ended up paying more and getting less. The hotel came up with a Chinese New Year promo a few weeks after I booked my room which is cheaper and comes with free breakfast, free internet and free upgrade. When I asked the Hotel whether I would have the benefit of the promotion since I'm staying during the promotional period, I was told to cancel the reservation and pay the penalty for one night so I can book again with cheaper rates and have the benefits from the promotion.

Seriously, is this the way the Hotel Management values customers who booked early?

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank WildeHeart
Dear WildeHeart
We sincerely apologized for the inconvenience that you have experienced during your stay with us.
We appreciate the fact that you have taken the time to share your views with us. We will look into the matters that you have highlighted to us and we will take appropriate measures to resolve the issues.
I would like to invite you to please contact me directly at gsm@orchardhotel.com.sg, so that we may work towards regaining your confidence.
We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the near future.