“Very good reasonably priced hotel”

Village Hotel Bugis by Far East Hospitality
Ranked #88 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Stayed in April 2014 with 2 adults and 3 kids. Requested connecting rooms online and they were ready when we got there. Had to ask for a rollaway bed and it was organised promptly and without extra charge. Really nice rooms, and very helpful staff. Only thing preventing a five star review is the food in the poolside restaurant. We dont normally eat in hotel restaurants but the kids were exhausted and we gave it a go. Both the food and drinks were expensive and terrible.
The location is perfect for shopping, eating and transport, so at other times we ate at some of the hundreds of local restaurants and markets which are fantastic. Highly recommended, just dont eat at the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Yan Leng K, General Manager at Village Hotel Bugis by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

Dear Mark I,

Thank you for taking your valuable time to write this review to compliment Village Hotel Bugis and our staff. We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

We take note of your feedback on our breakfast and we will look into it to make improvements.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Yan Leng

Write a ReviewReviews (3,740)

Reviewed April 25, 2014

perfect place to be right in the heart of Singapore....Arab St is 2 mins away and the MRT is only five mins..You can get yo Chinatown in 8mins, little India in 10mins and Harbour front (sentosa) in 10mins by using the MRT witch is cheap and easy to use....Bugis is also great for shopping and has a great food court..Its worth exploring Arab st specially on a Saturday night...

Dear Jason h,

Our location is well liked by many of our guests and reason why many frequent guests stay with us. Village Hotels is about the buzz and interesting things to see and do in our precinct. Our guests are spoilt for choice in terms of attractions, food and shopping. Other than this, our location is convenient for transport in getting to anywhere in Singapore as you have correctly pointed out.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

I stayed here recently for 04 nights & couldn't resist writing here about amazing hospitality extended by staff of Village Bugis. Special thanks to Duty Manager Adam Loo, who was always ready & available with his kind assistance. Even Kirath helped a lot whenever he was around.
I MUST SAY VILLAGE BUGIS HAS GOT AMAZING TEAM TO TAKE CARE OF ALL GUESTS!!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Yalish87,

Hospitality is one of our hallmark at Village Hotels. Our staff are trained and inculcated with the personalised service culture to ensure all our guests are well looked after. This is to ensure we treat each customer as an individual to satisfy their needs. We will pass on your compliment to Adam to spur him to continue with such great services.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

Stayed there last year for short summer holiday, booked in Village Albert Court, but they moved us to this hotel due to renovation. The room itself was spacious, (we were upgraded from standard to Deluxe), the checked in took a long time, around 15 mins standing, but okay, I guess they were busy. The next day we went for breakfast and I found a bunch of hair in the food they served. The guy who stand and checked our room number just brushed me off saying that I can take other food. He was very rude. Instead of apologizing, he just took the food with bunch of hairs away. Not even a single sorry that we serve you food with hairs. I threw up whole morning because of that. I think he can see how bad the food treated me, because the toilet is just in front of the restaurant, but nope, still no single sorry. After my stomach settled down, we went to find much better breakfast around the hotel. Without hair. Later, I wrote the complain and the management already apologized to both my husband and me, but with that kind of rude behavior from the guy in the restaurant, I don't think I ever want to visit the hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Lia J,

Thank you for taking your time to write this review to provide us with valuable feedback.

We sincerely apologise for the inconveniences caused during your stay with us. With regards to the restaurant staff concerned, we have terminated his service after a couple of incidents and we have constantly review the service performance of our restaurant staff since then.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We will ensure your next stay is a better one.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

I stayed at the Village Hotel, Bugis during late March / April on business and experienced first class customer service from all of the staff there. I would like to particularly single out one particular staff member, Lianna, who went out of her way to accommodate my request for ensuring that an ajoining room was reserved when my familay came to stay mid-way through me being there. My family thoroughly enjoyed their stay as well which was made even more special by Lianna's superlative customer focus and service. Many thanks Lianna !

Room Tip: Try to choose a room on pool side of the hotel away from the Mosque which has an annoying 5am wake u...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear David A,

Reviewed April 22, 2014

I happen to stay with family and found the stay to be pleasant. The staff were helpful and provided needed support for varied requests. Breakfast and dinner was also pretty good. Overall I would give a thumbsup to Village Hotel Bugis.

Dear Premsankar,

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Great hotel to stay at. One of those hotels where staff treats you as a VIP, very reliable and great accessibility for shopping or eating needs. I was rather impressed by the Duty Manager Kirath, as he was the one whom attended to me before checking into my room, not only did he accompany to the room but ensured I had everything I needed. This is the first time I've experienced staff yet alone a duty manager from any hotel, treating its guest this way. Two thumbs up Village Hotel Bugis. I'll be seeing you guys soon for sure again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gora G

Dear Gora G,

Hospitality is one of our hallmark at Village Hotels. Our staff are trained and inculcated with the personalised service culture to ensure all our guests are well looked after. This is to ensure we treat each customer as an individual to satisfy their needs. We will pass on your compliment to Kirath to spur him to continue with such great services.