“Not all that great”

Ranked #83 of 306 Hotels in Singapore
Townsville, Australia
“Not all that great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2013

The hotel has recently been renovated. Unfortunately the finishes and fixtures are of very poor quality. I twice had to call reception to have the TV fixed as the ariel would not work, they then moved me to another room only to b kept awake by a running toilet!

Whist the price was OK, it was nothing to write home about!! I also paid an additional $50 for access to the Club Facilities, which was a waist of time!

Room Tip: Make sure you get a really good deal, as the hotel is ordinary at best!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Jeffrey F
Yan Leng K, General Manager at Village Hotel Bugis by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Dear Jeffrey F,

Thank you for taking your valuable time to write this review to provide us with constructive feedback. We sincerely apologised for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay with us. We would like to assure you that this is not our usual standards. We hope you would give us another chance to host you on your next visit to Singapore.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We will ensure your next stay will be a better one.

Yan Leng

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (503)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Zurich, Switzerland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013

Upon check in, The slim Indian lady wearing black jacket & Malay guy name called syed was very rude & gave me a room with small window with no wifi access! When I came back at night requested for a room change I met with this Indian guy called Mark, the way he talk was unprofessional & rude. In the end I have to remain in the same room. However, next day I was encountered with a very friendly lady name called Khine and she offered me to do a room change anyway it was too late to do change since I'm checking out next day morning. I would never return to this hotel and management should really look into it. I'm really disappointed with the room & service!

• Stayed November 2013
3 Thank Vvvvvvvick
Dear Vvvvvvvick,

Thank you for taking your valuable time to write this review to provide us with feedback.

We are sorry that we are unable to meet your expectations and we would like to assure you that this is not our usual standards. We are confident that we can definitely do better than this. However, we recognise that we fail in this instant. We will review internally and make improvements to it.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We hope you would give us another chance to show you what we can do.

Perth, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2013

I booked this through a mystery deal with Wotif and was disappointed...usually they are good value for money but not this one!
When I arrived at this hotel for one night I had just spent 4 nights at the Oasia which I thought was wonderful. Check in was very friendly and helpful but when I got to my room I was very disappointed. Whilst the room size was very generous and I had a wonderful kingsize bed the room was very stark and had no ambience. The room appeared to be redecorated in a cheap and incomplete fashion with cheap laminex woodwork which seemed old, no pictures on the wall and no colour apart from a small rug on the floor, the paintwork in the extremely small bathroom a bit shabby. I was on the 7th floor.
I was also disappointed in the breakfast compared to the Oasia...it was very ordinary.
The location was fine as a close walk to Bugis Junction shops, the Singapore Art Museum and Raffles Hotel. could pretty much walk to a wide range if locations and the MRTwas very close.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear Jo M,

Thank you for taking your valuable time to write this review to proivde feedback to us.

As Oasia Hotel and Village Hotel position ourselves at different level and we target different customers. For customers who prefer "comfort without excess", we are the right hotel. As you can see through other reviews, we provide value for money and only provide things that are important to customers. You do not have to fork out extra for things that you do not need.

In addition, we provide a very good location to our guests, which can be attest by all our guests. This is further improved by the recently opened Downtown Line MRT (Subway or Metro). This means we will have 2 lines other than the original East-West Line.

Thank you for chosing to stay with us.

Singapore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

We could hear the chanting when we checked in before 10pm. Then woken up at 4am. When we checked out and requested to leave out luggage with the bell service for a week, we were flatly rejected. I've never had problems leaving luggage in other hotels. Despite the convenience of this hotel, I will never come back to it again!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank clobbes
Yan Leng K, General Manager at Village Hotel Bugis by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Dear clobbes,

Thank you for taking your valuable time to write this review to provide us with valuable feedback.

We are sorry to hear that we are unable to meet your expectations on your recent stay. Our rooms are all fitted with double glazed windows and we have never had any issues with the prayers. In addition, the Singapore government has also restrcted the prayers to before 8:30pm.

As for storage of luggage, we would appeciate if you can advise us the staff who have rejected as it differs from our policy of allowing guest to do so.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

A good choice for staycation.A stone's throw to shopping malls,Bugis village and fast food!A good location!Shopping heaven is the Arab Street!Variety and friendly salesperson.Hotel staff are polite.King size bed is very spacious.Definitely recommended.Dont have to worry about food!Easily find and a great plc to stay with family.Didnt go to the pool though.

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank 3happypills
Dear 3happypills,

Thank you for taking your valuable time to write this review to compliment Village Hotel Bugis and our staff. We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

Our location is well liked by many of our guests and reason why many frequent guests stay with us. Village Hotels is about the buzz and interesting things to see and do in our precinct. Our guests are spoilt for choice in terms of attractions, food and shopping. Other than this, our location is convenient for transport in getting to anywhere in Singapore as you have correctly pointed out.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Surabaya, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013

Clean room,late check out available,wifi also provided,near MRT and the location nearby shopping mall,transportation to ever where in singapore is so convenience. Near by to changi airport and if we want to go to johore bahru of malaysia,there is an opposite side has a bus terminal to johore bahru.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Yohnny2013
Yan Leng K, General Manager at Village Hotel Bugis by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, December 22, 2013
Dear Yohnny2013,

We aim to do right in everything that we provide, both products and services. However, we also do not promote luxury, we believed in providing "comfort without excess". This will result in value for money for all our guests. These items are spacious rooms, wonderful hospitality, high speed complimentary wifi, good breakfast and clean room. It is heartening to see guests like yourself seeing our value.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013

I booked the room for 3 people. Initially I thought it was the old landmark village hotel, a really rundown property, that was many years ago. However, when I browsed the website looking for a suitable hotel for my elderly parents, I encountered this hotel has been under fareast hospitality that also managing oasia hotel (I stayed in this hotel and happy with it). I looked through the room, it was different and looked better. So I decided to book this hotel for its location (near to Malay food and murtabak singapura of course). Besides, the wifi was free!. Well I would say, it was a good experience. The room was upgraded but the bathroom floor was still the same I guess. Overall, I'm happy with this hotel and will come back and stay here.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Cupidrin,

Thank you for taking your valuable time to write this review to compliment Village Hotel Bugis. We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

We have certainly improved the hotel over the last one year and we will be making more improvements to ensure an excellent stay experience for our guests.