I stayed at this hotel as a single female on a stopover holiday for 5 days. The staff were very very helpful and friendly, the room service was good, and the room, while it was a little run down, was clean and well kept.
The hotel is close to Little India and China town, and is only a 5 minute taxiride from the popular sites such as Orchard road and Marina Bay Sands.
There were only a couple of things I wasn't happy with, one of which was the internet. It wasn't free (S$26.25 for 24hrs) and when paid for it wasn't very fast. Also the walls must be quite thin, as I had a young family next door to me, and could hear them through the walls. There was a wedding on the weekend that went into the wee hours of the morning, and was quite loud, despite the fact it was being held in the courtyard 9 levels down and the windows were bolted shut. Nothing that foam earplugs can't fix, though.
Everything else was satisfactory, and I felt safe in the hotel and the surrounds day and night.
I'd definately recommend it to other solo travellers and families
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Arab Street and Kampong Glam enclave, and a mere stone’s throw away from Bugis Village and Little India, Village Hotel Bugis is at the crossroads of Singapore’s Arab, Peranakan and Indian enclaves.These multicultural and multinational influences are seen in the Indian, Chinese and international cuisines at the hotel’s three dining options.Guests can explore the side streets of Kampong Glam, Bugis Village and Haji Lane, which have small boutique outlets stocked with fashion labels otherwise not found in the Singapore malls. They can also indulge in a shopping spree at the Bugis Junction and Bugis+ shopping centres. The Bugis MRT station, which is just a 5-minute walk away, connects guests to the Orchard shopping belt or the Central Business Districts of City Hall or Raffles City.Besides its location, Village Hotel Bugis' key selling point is its spacious rooms, which start from 32sqm for its entry level Superior Room to up to a generous 64sqm for its Executive Club Suite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Village Hotel Bugis by Far East Hospitality reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Landmark Far East Hotel
- Golden Landmark Hotel Singapore
- Village Hotel Bugis By Far East Hospitality Singapore