Hotel is well located next to the Victoria Street bus terminal, where busses to and from Johor Bahru stop. Within walking distance is the Bugis MRT station as well.
The hotel has its own executive lounge floor (18th floor), which is a great idea! On the floor itself is a lounge which only can be accessed with the door key from your room, and only entitled for guests staying at the 18th floor. Breakfast is served in this lounge as well, so no need to sit in a large hall during breakfast. During the day the lounge is accessible for reading, internet and there is coffee and tea with assorted biscuits. At 6pm-8pm there is a cocktail in this lounge, and a range of nice drinks are being served (whiskey, wodka, wine, beer) with finger food as well.
Rooms are good; good beds, bathroom, etc. Every morning the newspaper is delivered to your door.
Staff has been outstanding and great! Warm and friendly and very helpful. Ms Phyu of the lounge was great in customer service and very attending. Even though its a large hotel, it felt special to get that bit of personal attention.
Any dislikes?; Well sometimes, as in most places here, the airconditioners are near freezing point :-)
Next time will stay at Landmark again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Arab Street and Kampong Glam enclave, and a mere stone’s throw away from Bugis Village and Little India, Village Hotel Bugis is at the crossroads of Singapore’s Arab, Peranakan and Indian enclaves.These multicultural and multinational influences are seen in the Indian, Chinese and international cuisines at the hotel’s three dining options.Guests can explore the side streets of Kampong Glam, Bugis Village and Haji Lane, which have small boutique outlets stocked with fashion labels otherwise not found in the Singapore malls. They can also indulge in a shopping spree at the Bugis Junction and Bugis+ shopping centres. The Bugis MRT station, which is just a 5-minute walk away, connects guests to the Orchard shopping belt or the Central Business Districts of City Hall or Raffles City.Besides its location, Village Hotel Bugis' key selling point is its spacious rooms, which start from 32sqm for its entry level Superior Room to up to a generous 64sqm for its Executive Club Suite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Village Hotel Bugis by Far East Hospitality reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Landmark Far East Hotel
- Golden Landmark Hotel Singapore
- Village Hotel Bugis By Far East Hospitality Singapore