Tried this hotel because it offered free internet facilities and I felt that I should use a different hotel from normal. BIG Mistake.
Booked a non-smoking single business room and felt being a Platinum member I would be offered a decent room. How wrong could I be, the room smelled of smoke, the desk was 60 cms from the television and the room was so dated that I felt I had gone back 10 years+.
Some of the lights didn't work from the swtich, and when I mentioned to the bellboy about this he said he didn't think the switch worked, I later found that it did, but surely one of their staff should have been able to sort this out.
Breakfast was a farce. The buffet was constantly running out and not being replenished, and despite the number of staff getting coffee was a matter of persistance, 2, 3 or even 4 requests went unoticed.
I had a meeting in in the lounge and ordered coffee with customer and ordered coffee. After I signed the check I heard my name yelled three times around the lounge by the waitress, why I'm still to find out, but this is not the service you expect from this type of hotel.
The staff as already commented need training in customer service, during my three day stay, the only exception was a waitress at dinner called Jenifer, who was cheerfull and attentive, I would suggest to the management that they promote this girl immediately.
Would I stay here again, NEVER!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Singapore Atrium is one of the leading hotel along the Singapore River. With 512 well-appointed guest rooms and friendly service, stay relaxed with accommodation that will meet your needs. Centrally located, it is in the heart of all Singapore's attractions and shopping including Great World City which is a short 5 minutes' walk away. Nestled along Havelock and Outram Road, you are just steps away from waterfront dining and entertainment from the lines of Robertson Quay, Clarke Quay and Boat Quay. Located at the gateway of the Central Business District (CBD) and financial hub, getting to meetings and company events are quick and hassle-free. Take time to experience and explore Singapore's culture diversity as Holiday Inn Singapore Atrium is situated close to the bustling notes of Chinatown, Tiong Bahru and the various ethnic areas. Tantalise your taste buds with an array of dining options available within the hotel. Atrium Restaurant, an all-day dining restaurant, serves both ala-carte menu and international buffets at breakfast, lunch and dinner. Set in a contemporary ambience, Xin Cuisine Chinese Restaurant exudes warmth and vibrance for your dining pleasure and business entertainment. Enjoy the culinary artistry of innovative Cantonese cuisine that will delight your eyes and palate. Unwind and chill out with family, friends and business associates at Lobby Lounge, a perfect enclave offering a wide selection of drinks and snacks. Stay relaxed at Holiday Inn Singapore Atrium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Holiday Inn Singapore Atrium reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Atrium Singapore Hotel Singapore
- Holiday Inn Singapore Atrium
- Singapore Holiday Inn