After our Malaysia (Genting and KL) sojourn, we came to Singapore and stayed at Holiday Inn Atrium. The exterior of the hotel seems rather dated with tinted glass. Inside was a pleasantly lit huge atrium with glass elevators running up and down. Our room was on the 21st floor and was a bit smelly. A phone call later a boy enters with room freshner- how original. Once the issue was fixed, the room was good with all the standard amenities like bath-tub, TV, safe, iron with board, internet access, pillow menu, bath-robe, mini-bar (bottled water is priced exorbitantly). TIP: Drink water from the tap - its safe.
It had a small pool on the 6th level and a kiddies pool as well. Most convenient facility was the laundromat on the same level - so if you don't want the expensive laundry to be done, head to this with change (the concierge can get you change for this too).
We got a great deal on breakfast on arrival. Breakfast was a spread of Indian, Chinese and Continental with an egg station for your special Spanish omelette.
Hotel was in the CBD and just a short taxi-ride from the Singapore flyer, Esplanade, Orchard Rd., Chinatown and Mt. Faber (cable car to Sentosa).
We checked in rather early (at 11 am) and were accomodated right away. While checking out they kept our stuff in their luggage room since our flight was rather late in the evening - and headed where else...but to Orchard Rd for more shopping!
The only downside is that the hotel needs some new look and refurbishing (especially replace those smelly carpets in the room).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Singapore Atrium is one of the leading hotel along the Singapore River. With 512 well-appointed guest rooms and friendly service, stay relaxed with accommodation that will meet your needs. Centrally located, it is in the heart of all Singapore's attractions and shopping including Great World City which is a short 5 minutes' walk away. Nestled along Havelock and Outram Road, you are just steps away from waterfront dining and entertainment from the lines of Robertson Quay, Clarke Quay and Boat Quay. Located at the gateway of the Central Business District (CBD) and financial hub, getting to meetings and company events are quick and hassle-free. Take time to experience and explore Singapore's culture diversity as Holiday Inn Singapore Atrium is situated close to the bustling notes of Chinatown, Tiong Bahru and the various ethnic areas. Tantalise your taste buds with an array of dining options available within the hotel. Atrium Restaurant, an all-day dining restaurant, serves both ala-carte menu and international buffets at breakfast, lunch and dinner. Set in a contemporary ambience, Xin Cuisine Chinese Restaurant exudes warmth and vibrance for your dining pleasure and business entertainment. Enjoy the culinary artistry of innovative Cantonese cuisine that will delight your eyes and palate. Unwind and chill out with family, friends and business associates at Lobby Lounge, a perfect enclave offering a wide selection of drinks and snacks. Stay relaxed at Holiday Inn Singapore Atrium. WeChat Pay is now accepted in the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly and Travelocity so you can book your Holiday Inn Singapore Atrium reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Atrium Singapore Hotel Singapore
- Holiday Inn Singapore Atrium
- Singapore Holiday Inn