Holiday Inn Singapore Atrium
Link Hotel(Singapore)
Good 3.5/5
  • Restaurant
2,674 results
All reviewsoutram roadclarke quaygreat world citytiong bahrua short taxi ridemrt stationlobby barbuffet breakfastthe executive loungefree shuttleconvenience storechinese restaurantpublic transportcomfortable stayearly checkhigh floorbusiness trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 8, 2014

The hotel is under a period of renovation as such the noise disrupted our stay. We had to be moved to another room as works continued through the night. We had booked a non smoking room and were placed in a room which smelt very strongly of smoke. Our requests for air fresheners were ignored. An evening meal in the restaurant led to one meal being supplied and the other 15 minutes later. Overall our experience was disappointing and from our stays in 3 Holiday Inns worldwide during this trip, this establishment let the group down. I would like to praise the staff in the lounge area who were wonderful.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Priscilla P, Manager at Holiday Inn Singapore Atrium, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Dear Karen J,

Thank you for taking the time to share this review. Please accept my apologies if we had fallen below your expectations during your recent stay but I would like to assure you that this is not at all reflective of the usual service standard we pride ourselves on. I have passed on your feedback on the evening meals to our F&B Team who will be reviewing for constructive measure. The hotel is indeed having a facelift in order to improve our guest experience. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you again with an uplifted product to re-establish your confidence in us. Thank you once again and here's wishing you a pleasant week ahead.

Reviewed June 6, 2014

a perfect hotel if you are on business trip...for a typical indian tourist, it may be a bit inconvenient due to its distance from nearest metro station.the nearest SMT station still walkable distance

rooms are clean & nothing different than most fie star hotels. break fast is good .has south indian dishes as well...overall nice hotel though nothing spectacular to write about

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Dear naren_raykar,

Thank you for taking the time to share this review. I'm glad to hear that we were able to meet your business travel needs this occasion. It is also great to know that you had a restful stay and enjoyed the breakfast selections offered. We hope that you will continue to keep us in mind as your preferred accommodation during your next visit to Singapore. Thank you and have a pleasant week.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

Unfortunately when we arrived at the hotel they were doing renovation works but they declined to tell us when we booked that this would be happening so this was a bit inconvenient. It meant that only some of the lifts were working and the hotel was noisy and messy in parts. The decor in the hotel is a bit outdated, and I really didn't like how high up in the hotel we were, especially as the view was pretty poor so it didn't seem worth it. I fell I'll whilst staying at the hotel (virus not from hotel itself!) and ended up passing out coming out of one of the lifts, luckily my partner and a kind family looked after me, got me some water and contacted the hotel staff. After what seemed like forever, we figured out that not only was it difficult communicating that i wanted a first wider/doctor due to how unwell I was, we also discovered there isn't a single trained first aider in the entire hotel staff. Eventually I got bundled into a wheelchair and taken back to my room. Luckily one of the hotel staff had been speaking to my partner and brought us some food free of charge to the room as we hadn't managed to get down to the restaurant due to my episode. Knowing the staff aren't really properly equipped to deal with medical emergencies or problems made me feel uncomfortable and made me question whether I would stay at the hotel if in Singapore again. Moving on from this, the other bad thing was that there was a constant flow of prostitutes/escorts coming through the hotel that would wait for you to use your card to get into a lift and jump in t get to the floor they wanted to get to, it made me feel a little uneasy and definitely further damaged my thoughts of the hotel. When we managed to venture out into Singapore we figured out it was quite a long way to get to anything, it was simple enough to get taxis but not that cheap if you have a lot you want to see or do. We wish when we had booked that someone had recommended the other holiday inn closer to everything, or recommended a better hotel in the same price range altogether. I wouldn't recommend this hotel, and I won't be staying there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Priscilla P, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Singapore Atrium, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Dear Halobabeee,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We will be getting in touch with you personally regarding your feedback, as this is in no way a reflection of our usual service standards. Our hotel is currently "Having a Facelift" which is featured on our Branded Website. We would also like to reassure you that we have a total of 27 fully trained and certified first aiders onsite in our hotel. We'd like to apologize if your experience was less than satisfactory and thank you once again for sharing the review.

Warm Regards

Reviewed June 2, 2014

Nice location with short distance to the river with bars and restaurants. Taxi is always available at the entrance.
Not walking distance to the Singapore underground, so taxi is your option, but it is cheap.

Breakfast is traditional, so don't expect to much European cousin.

Room Tip: Do not take smoking room if you are offered one.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Priscilla P, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Singapore Atrium, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Dear MrRedubal,

Thank you for sharing this review on TripAdvisor. I'm glad to hear that you had a pleasant experience during your recent stay with us and enjoyed the hotel's close proximity to the Singapore River Precinct. We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

We stayed here for one night and arrived very latte at night. When we arrived we were upgraded to a suite for a small charge, which we agreed to as we wanted the internet, which you have to pay for in the rooms

The suite smelt musty. We had breakfast the next morning which was ok

Our main disappointment is that there is major work going on in the hotel for the atrium, we had stayed in this hotel twelve years ago and the reason we were coming back was to see the atrium, which we couldn't see. We were told that the work was going on for some time, so if you are going to this hotel for the atrium don't bother.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank StevenMaidenhead
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Singapore Atrium, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Dear StevenMaidenhead,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am pleased to know that you were able to take advantage of our room upgrade and breakfast. I apologize for the inconvenience our on going atrium renovations may have caused. We are all very excited about this and how beautiful the hotel will look and hope you will come back once it has been completed.

I hope you give us a chance to host you again next time you visit the area.

Faith R