When I enquired at reception the 'walk in rate' for a room at this hotel I was quoted 150 SGD per night for one person for three nights
Being tired from a long tedious flight and eager to get to my room to sleep, I hurriedly signed the credit card authorisation form presented to me (yes. I should have checked the amount to be charged, but just signed the form and took the receptionists word for it that the room rate was as stated 150 SGD p/n).
On checkout I was astounded to be informed that the 'walk in' rate was 300 SGD p/n, and was informed that that was what I had agreed upon. Technically this is correct, given that I signed the form to authorise this armount. I did submit a formal complaint and spoke at length with the manager about the contradictory prices. After a lengthy discussion I was quite rudely informed that I would recieve a 'goodwill' reimbursement of 150 SGD This, of course,.
should have been three times this amount..
Dont let the seemilngly 'helpful, friendly' staff fleece you too and please, unlike me. check the amount you are signing for. Never again will I stay there,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Singapore Atrium is one of the leading hotel along the Singapore River. With 512 well-appointed guest rooms and friendly service, stay relaxed with accommodation that will meet your needs. Centrally located, it is in the heart of all Singapore's attractions and shopping including Great World City which is a short 5 minutes' walk away. Nestled along Havelock and Outram Road, you are just steps away from waterfront dining and entertainment from the lines of Robertson Quay, Clarke Quay and Boat Quay. Located at the gateway of the Central Business District (CBD) and financial hub, getting to meetings and company events are quick and hassle-free. Take time to experience and explore Singapore's culture diversity as Holiday Inn Singapore Atrium is situated close to the bustling notes of Chinatown, Tiong Bahru and the various ethnic areas. Tantalise your taste buds with an array of dining options available within the hotel. Atrium Restaurant, an all-day dining restaurant, serves both ala-carte menu and international buffets at breakfast, lunch and dinner. Set in a contemporary ambience, Xin Cuisine Chinese Restaurant exudes warmth and vibrance for your dining pleasure and business entertainment. Enjoy the culinary artistry of innovative Cantonese cuisine that will delight your eyes and palate. Unwind and chill out with family, friends and business associates at Lobby Lounge, a perfect enclave offering a wide selection of drinks and snacks. Stay relaxed at Holiday Inn Singapore Atrium. WeChat Pay is now accepted in the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Singapore Atrium reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Atrium Singapore Hotel Singapore
- Holiday Inn Singapore Atrium
- Singapore Holiday Inn