All reviews food republic mrt stations rooftop pool din tai fung great location downtown line bras basah food court handy phone pool closes national museum family room easy walking distance small gym orchard road very clean hotel shower cap
Selected filters
Reviewed April 14, 2019 via mobile

This hotel was very average, only complaint really was the cleaning on day 2 was not very thorough and our view was literally of an air con unit.

The rooms are very compact but functional, probably not practical with a family but fine for a couple or on your own. The pool on the roof is nice. We really liked the location with lots of good restaurants and activities nearby.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
justuslim30, Front Office Manager at 30 Bencoolen, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2019

Dear LondonBecs,
Thank you for your kind review, we are glad to know that our location suited your travel needs. We do have Deluxe Triple and Family rooms as well, these may be suitable for families of three to four persons respectively. I appreciate the feedback you have given and will be conveying it to the respective department for improvement.
We hope to welcome you back again on your next visit to Singapore!

Reviewed April 13, 2019 via mobile

Stayed here for a few days on a business trip.

Rooms are quite small, however perfectly fine, clean and tidy, everything worked as expected.

Buffet breakfast was good, woth a good selection of Western and Local options.

Dinner was a bit hit and miss, ate here twice, one meal was good, one not so, although to be fair to the staff they did not charge for the second.

Taxi rank just over the road at to the right, which is fairly well serviced.

Also plenty of food options close by

Trip type: Traveled on business
justuslim30, Front Office Manager at 30 Bencoolen, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2019

Dear SSparky78,
Thank you for your good review, I am pleased to know you had a comfortable and pleasant stay with us.
Your feedback is important to us and will go towards the continued improvement of our services.
I hope you will choose to stay with us again on your next visit to Singapore!
Warm regards,

Reviewed April 13, 2019

Superfriendly staff who provides excellent service, a breakfast buffét with a good choice of dishes. Very comfortable beds and clean room with high speed wifi. A clean and very nice pool on he top floor. A short walking distance to the metrostation.

Room tip: As usual it's better high up in the building
Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Nisse A,
Thank you for your fabulous review, our staff are delighted to know that they were of service to you. I am glad that you found our rooms comfortable and had an enjoyable stay.
We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed April 12, 2019

Visited Singapore on business and stayed for the weekend.
Chose Bencoolen Hotel due to it's convenient downtown location.
There's an MRT (metro) station outside the hotel.
The National Museum of Singapore is 5 minutes walk.
Behind the museum is Fort Canning Park.
And behind that is Clarke Quay (bars & restaurants).

The hotel itself is modern, clean.
The rooms have comfortable beds and are quiet for a good night's rest.
Breakfast is acceptable.

• Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Joseph86,
Thank you for your good review, I am pleased to know that your stay with us for your business trip was comfortable. We look forward to welcome you back when you next drop into town!

Reviewed April 11, 2019

I was expecting this hotel as 4 star level but the room I was assigned had connecting door to next room. When man in next door sneezed or coughed, I could hear it clearly so I was sure any such level of sound could be heard to him. I was watching TV around midnight before fall asleep but somehow I couldn't lower volume under certain level, then the guy next door punched wall four times to express TV was too noisy. This is not cheap hotel and I was very disappointed by this hotel room. I didn't feel relax til next morning. It doesn't worthy for money. I won't stay in this hotel any more.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear oznokski,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. Our hotel does have rooms without connecting doors and subject to actual availability, may be requested at the reception.
I do hope you will give us another opportunity to accommodate you when you next visit Singapore.