We stayed at the Bayview from 22nd to 30th December while visiting Singapore for a short break.
The good -
1. The bed was extremely comfy and I slept like a log on it.
2. There was always bags of hot water for showering etc and the water pressure was excellent so if you are like me and enjoy a shower that pins you to the wall then you'll enjoy the Bayview.
3. Staff service - extremely courteous and obliging.
4. The pool on the roof - hardly gets used and there are also coin operated washing facilities on the roof.
The not so good -
1. The rooms are tired and the hotel needs refurbishment.
2. We found holes in the towels and bed linen. They need replacing.
3. As the shower is great so is the amount of steam produced and the extract system mcannot cope - small gripe!
4. Breakfast is not the best with the dining room looking like a battleground as the staff cannot clear quickly enough.
I have seen reviews that give the hotel a tough time especially regarding the Bencoolen Street MRT Station Construction. Nothing to be done about this and unless you are a shift worker it shouldn't give you are hard time. Starts at 8am and finishes at 10pm.
Overall - I liked my stay at the Bayview and would stay again. It's a good hotel and well located just two blocks from Raffles if you want to stay in Singapore on a budget. Don't bother with breakfast unless you really want to get in the dining room early.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 30 Bencoolen offers a cool, contemporary ambience in an ideal central location in the arts and cultural district. Relax in a warmly decorated room a short walk from top attractions in Singapore such as the landmark National Museum and Singapore Art Museum. Family rooms for up to 4 guests are available, and the hotel’s personalised service benefits from technology like complimentary handy® smartphones. Enjoy casual all-day dining in our hip restaurant and gourmet coffees or chilled wines in the lounge bar. After a busy day, head up to the rooftop to unwind in the outdoor pool and spa tub. The hotel is a short stroll from 3 MRT stations. Bras Basah offers direct connections to Marina Bay’s striking, waterfront Esplanade – Theatres on the Bay, Suntec City Convention Centre and the Gardens by the Bay parks. Dhoby Ghaut sits near Plaza Singapura shopping centre, one of a host of upmarket malls on the famous Orchard Road shopping belt. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Expedia, Orbitz, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your 30 Bencoolen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- City Bayview Hotel Singapore
- Bayview Hotel Singapore
- Singapore City Bayview Hotel
- City Bayview Singapore
- Bayview Singapore
- 30 Bencoolen Singapore