I booked this hotel for our honeymoon in November 2012 (las month).. We arrived at the hotel at 8am (early flight). They're check in is at 2pm (yes... TWO PM) and check out is at 12pm. When i told the floor manager (Mr. Johnson), that it was our first honeymoon, he was kind enough to let us check in at 8am he also upgraded our room :) (said he didnt want us to have a grumpy start! :p).. There is no wifi except in the Lobby. So if u plan on using ur computer u need to carry a LAN cable that you can connect to the internet socket given in all the rooms. YES! there was construction happening on the street, but it didnt really bother us, we were on the 9th floor and the construction happend from 9am to around 7-8 in the evening (you'de prolly be out in the city during that time). Its very close to MRT - Bras Basah about 1-2 min walk. The food is quite expensive at the hotel, BUT there is a really big food court about 15-20 feet from the hotel, which is open 24/7, if you are a non-vegetarial, then i STRONGLY recommend you try the ATOM SANDWICH and CHICKEN CARBONARA at the ISTANBUL KOFTA STALL (And yes it is 100% ISLAMICALLY HALAL). The room has a steam iron box (great for crushed packed cloths), a standard mini refrigrator, laundry service, medium size roof top swimming pool and all the other basic stuff you get at a decent hotel. The staff is quite cheerful and very friendly. We requested for a late check out and they agreed for 3pm instead of 12pm, any further extra time in check out constitutes of 100 SGD per day. The breakfast is not so good as what you might expect from a hotel of this standard.
The rooms are all no smoking... however you can steal a smoke in the bathroom.. ;)
better safe yet.. request for a smoking room.. (if you dont wanna be caught doing that!)
There is an extra door to the room (that looks like a closet..) but it was an opening that connects the next room... for kinda like when your staying with kids etc.. its because of this door that sound can pass through to the other room easily... Luckily.. we had a single traveller staying next to us.. (guess he was the one with "noisy neighbour" issues!) :p
But over all its a nice place to stay at a decent price, and is perfectly located in the center of the city... easy for exploring on your own!
(and oh ya!... THERE IS NO "BAY - VIEW"...)
"There was a bay that you could see from the top floor, but since all the buildings came up the view was lost... however.. the name carried on!" - Mr. Johnson :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 30 Bencoolen offers a cool, contemporary ambience in an ideal central location in the arts and cultural district. Relax in a warmly decorated room a short walk from top attractions in Singapore such as the landmark National Museum and Singapore Art Museum. Family rooms for up to 4 guests are available, and the hotel’s personalised service benefits from technology like complimentary handy® smartphones. Enjoy casual all-day dining in our hip restaurant and gourmet coffees or chilled wines in the lounge bar. After a busy day, head up to the rooftop to unwind in the outdoor pool and spa tub. The hotel is a short stroll from 3 MRT stations. Bras Basah offers direct connections to Marina Bay’s striking, waterfront Esplanade – Theatres on the Bay, Suntec City Convention Centre and the Gardens by the Bay parks. Dhoby Ghaut sits near Plaza Singapura shopping centre, one of a host of upmarket malls on the famous Orchard Road shopping belt. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your 30 Bencoolen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- City Bayview Hotel Singapore
- Bayview Hotel Singapore
- Singapore City Bayview Hotel
- City Bayview Singapore
- Bayview Singapore
- 30 Bencoolen Singapore