“Nice Room”

Ranked #199 of 316 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Although there is construction right infront of the hotel (new MRT line) and the roads around it are messy, this is a nice hotel to stay in. The staffs are very friendly and helpful. The best part of it is there is a Kopitiam right next to the hotel which make it easy to get food. Bras Basah MRT is just 2min walk away. Raffles City is just 5-7min walk from the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank 770CarolC
BHSingapore, General Manager at Bayview Hotel Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Thank you very much for taking time to review your experience at Bayview Hotel Singapore. It’s been our honour to have you as our guest. We are most delighted to learn that you are happy with our services and hotel’s surrounding despite some disruption causing inconvenience from the MRT construction. Your recognition and encouragement will certainly motivate us in the hospitality industry to constantly pursue service excellence.

The team at Bayview Hotel Singapore joins me in extending our gratitude for your appreciation towards our effort in creating memorable hotel experiences.

We look forward to having another opportunity to welcome you back to Bayview Hotel Singapore.

There are newer reviews for Bayview Hotel Singapore

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Overall the hotel is average.

The reason why I booked the hotel was because it's within walking distance to the MRT, and I wanted a decent hotel, not a budget hotel.

Breakfast was nothing much, really.

The rooms are small, but since I wasn't planning on staying in the room all the time, it didn't bother me that much.

The gym was just a room with 3 machines : treadmill, cycle and weight machine. I am happy to say that I actually did use the machines. Pool is on the top floor. Nice view of the surrounding area.

There are roadworks outside, but if are are out most of the time....you will barely notice it.

Would I stay here again? YES. The convenience is a huge plus. Location is good. There is a 7-11 just outside, and a food court. There was an Irish pub nearby that was good as well. Had my dinner there and enjoyed it.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Avineshdev

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor. It’s been our honour to have you as our guest. We are most delighted to learn that you are happy with our facilities and hotel’s surrounding despite some disruption causing inconvenience from the MRT construction. Your recognition and encouragement will certainly motivate us in the hospitality industry to constantly pursue service excellence.

The Management is constantly looking into areas of improvements in the best of our efforts. Assuring you of our best attention and service at all times.

Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

Had to fly over to Singapore urgently for a funeral so booked fast and booked cheap.

The rooms are tiny, especially if its two people.
The breakfast was horrible.
The staff weren't particularly nice, helpful or polite for that matter.
Hotels in Singapore are expensive yes but for what you get this is even more over priced than usual.

For those that are wondering, I didn't post this review earlier as I didn't know about tripadvisor til this trip I'm on right now.

• Stayed: March 2012
BHSingapore, General Manager at Bayview Hotel Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2012

We thank you for taking time to write in which allow us to address the shortcomings. We are saddened to hear of your encounters at Bayview Hotel Singapore and would like to extend our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

The Management is constantly looking into areas of improvements in the best of our efforts. We will take into consideration all positive suggestions in our next upgrading programme. Thank you once again for your patronage and we hope that the experience you have had does not deter you from staying with us at Bayview Hotel Singapore where we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

This hotel is an average hotel with average rooms. Service at the front desk is OK and the same goes for the breakfast buffet. It offers a variety of American, Chinese and Indian food, so I always found something to eat. After 8 o' clock in the morning, the breakfast room really gets busy. Most guests seem to be business travellers (like me).
I must say, for 230 S$ per night, the room I had on the 7th floor was way below average.
The TV set didn't really wor - I mean i could switch it on, but all programs were just flickering on the screen. Absolutely INACCEPTABLE!
The room I was in had a really cheap looking carpet with holes and stains in it, in particular close to the window - pretty disgusting. The room was pretty small and had ugly furniture.
There were no pictures whatsoever on the walls, so the whole room had no atmosphere. There was hardly any room to store away my luggage. The bathroom is very small with a disgusting bath tub with stains, so I didn't use it. There were two extremely small beds in the room. On one of the beds, which I didn't use, there were stains - absolutely a no go for a S$230 hotel room!!! (I don't want to know how thoroughly the rooms are cleaned in this hotel).

All in all this was very disappointing.
On the plus side one can say, that probably most hotels in Singapore are as overpriced as this one, and at least this hotel is right at a hot spot (Orchard street) with close vicinity to the MRT station. So, for getting around in the city, it is not a bad base. For families with kids this hotel is definitely not suited.
On my first day (having arrived from Europe, 12.5 Hour flight) I used room service. It took 30 minutes and then I didn't get the ice cream I had ordered. There is NO excuse for that!

All in all I would say this is a typical overpriced, a bit run down hotel with very cheaply furnished rooms, extremely small beds, and this all makes me feel as if being ripped of.
I would never stay there again.

You can also forget about the pool on the roof and also about the gym. They are way too small (much much smaller than they look like on the shiny pictures on the hotel website) and everything looks shabby there.
Ohh, by the way, there is a HUGE construction zone right in front of the hotel (a new subway station is built there) and this will be going on until 2017 !!!! SO do not stay at this hotel if you want to get a good sleep in the morning. Construction starts at about 7:30 and it's really terribly noisy!!!

All in all, this hotel was money lost.

Room Tip: There is nothing I can recommend about this hotel, really.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank einstein009
BHSingapore, General Manager at Bayview Hotel Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

We have also noted your comments and advised that our twin rooms consist of 2 super single beds. There is also a luggage rack inside the closet which is used for putting your luggage and a good picture on the bedhead wall. We will take your feedback into consideration in our next upgrading program.

The Management is constantly looking into areas of improvements in the best of our efforts. We thank you once again for your patronage and we hope that the experience you have had does not deter you from staying with us at Bayview Hotel Singapore where we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

The Bayview Hotel is a mid range hotel that has friendly and efficient staff, clean rooms of reasonable size and a good buffet breakfast. Beds and pillows are comfortable and afford a good nights sleep. Between now, October 2012 and 2017 however the whole of the road in front of the hotel is a construction site for the building of a subway station. There is construction noise from 9am till 9pm but the hotel try to give rooms at the rear and I could hardly hear the noise in my room. LAN Internet in the room was very good at night but a little less good during the day. The TV reception was not good and there was no BBC, CNN or Fox with only Australian news in English and a variety of Asian channels but it did have 3 Eurospoorts channels. It the building next to the hotel there is a small food court that is open 24/7 which is good and around the corner an Irish Pub that shows UK football and the entrance to Bas Brasha subway station from where you can travel all around Singapore on the subway. Two streets away are a number of very late night bars and restuarants.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank James B
BHSingapore, General Manager at Bayview Hotel Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor. It’s been our honour to have you as our guest. We are most delighted to learn that your room was clean and you are happy with the facilities and hotel’s surrounding.

The hotel provide free satellite channels such as Bloomberg, HBO, Discovery Channel, SuperSports and the new Australian Network together with 20 other entertainment, MTV and international news channels.

The Management is constantly looking into areas of improvements in the best of our efforts. We thank you once again for your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

I stayed here recently with my mum for 4 nights. Although its not the hotels fault the construction noise was constant, loud & annoying.
The rooms are old & rundown and need of renovations. I was surprised that we had king single beds (& not double) when booking a twin stay. We ordered a bucket of ice & were generally shocked when we were told we would be charged for it. Only around $2.50 but I have never been charged for ice at any other hotel I've stayed at.
The "fitness room" was disgusting. It consisted of an exercise bike, a treadmill & small weight set crammed into a tiny room which stunk to high heavens. The equipment was all old.
The buffet breakfast was unappetising.
When checking out the girl didn't know how to use the computer or something & we had to wait 15 minutes or so for someone else to come & assist.

The location however was great, the food court around the corner was handy & had a delicious selection of food.

Room Tip: Ask for a room furtherest from the construction
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
BHSingapore, General Manager at Bayview Hotel Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Thank you for choosing Bayview Hotel Singapore for your holiday in Singapore and we appreciate your sharing the experience with us here on TripAdvisor. We are saddened to hear of your encounters at Bayview Hotel Singapore and would like to extend our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

We have also noted your comments and will make every effort to make necessary improvements. I do hope the experiences you have had does not deter you from staying with us at Bayivew Hotel Singapore where I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

A rather convenient location. However, mrt construction is in progress right in front of hotel. Entire street block off. Taxi not able to send to lobby and not visible. Difficult to flag a cab. You need to call for a cab. For that, I suggest alternatives until construction is over.

I must add that the hotel went beyond to help guests call for cabs and additional measure in place to insulate noise during the day.

• Stayed: October 2012
BHSingapore, General Manager at Bayview Hotel Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Thank you very much for taking time to review your experience at Bayview Hotel Singapore. We have taken note of your comments and apologized for the inconvenience caused. We are most delighted to learn that you are happy with our services and hotel’s surrounding despite some disruption causing inconvenience from the MRT construction.

We look forward to having another opportunity to welcome you back for a memorable hotel experience with us soon.