“nice hotel”
Review of Amara Singapore

Amara Singapore
Ranked #69 of 319 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Nice Staying in this hotel:) however there's nothing much around that area that u can go to (Walking distance).. But there's a 7-11 directly opposite the hotel which is good..
The Room service food are good too

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Managemt-Amara-Sing, Manager at Amara Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Dear angelang110886,

We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us! Your feedback is important to us as it allows us to monitor and maintain our service standards.

We hope to welcome you back at Amara Singapore again!

Your Sincerely

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Firstly, the location of he hotel quite near about 300 meter from Tanjong Pagar MRT. I book my room through internet but the room was not ready when I arrived around 3pm. The reception asked me to come back after 1 hour after it is cleaned. Very regretfully, The room was not ready before I arrived although I already paid the room through online one day earlier.

After check in and go into my room, I am disappointed to smell cigarrette smoke and found cigarette traces in the bathroom when this room should be non-smoking room.

When it is cleaned, the ceaner should cleaned throughly and make sure no traces of cigarrette smoke smell.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mr_roy33
Managemt-Amara-Sing, Manager at Amara Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Dear mr_roy33,

We have received your feedback and deeply regret the service lapses you have experienced during your stay at Amara Singapore.

We are currently looking into the areas that you have mentioned and will definitely improve on it to make sure that such incidents do not happen again. Please rest assure that the comfort and well being of all our guests remain the utmost priority.

We look forward to welcome you back at our property!

Reviewed November 16, 2012

There are very good reviews of The Amara Hotel in Singapore which must have been written by the staff! The rooms have five steps to go up and down in from room to bathroom without a light switch at the right side of the bed. there are also five steps to get up to your room. There is a loud constant noise from banks of air-con units outside the bedroom window plus many more to put up with near the swimming pool where you may not find any towels either. No staff offered to help me with my luggage up these steps which may be because they have to hear constant complaints and want to change their room straight away; even the hotel. This hotel is not really for tourists as guests are mostly business people in suits and ties. Not really a holiday atmosphere at all. The breakfast is fairly mediocre with a really lousy toast maker. I was glad to leave. VASTLY OVERRATED.

Room Tip: Look at the room first BEFORE taking your luggage up.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Barrymwhite W

Dear Barrymwhite W,

Please be assured that the management views this seriously and we are currently looking into the mentioned areas. We have informed the various departments of your feedback and they are definitely looking into providing more training for their staff, to ensure that such incidents do not happen again. The Hotel is committed to providing the best standard of service to ensure your comfort and well-being.

We look forward to welcome you back to our property!

Reviewed November 16, 2012

This hotel is modern, in a great location and the rooms are spacious and very comfortable. The hotel boasts a beautiful pool with a tropical garden and a well equipped gym. The only complaint I had was that my room was dark as it was on the 6th floor - the same level as the pool and had think trees in front of the window. If you like natural light - avoid this. One thing I really detest is what I consider rip-off internet charges and at $30+++ a night that is what I consider this hotel's to be. Surely, wireless is a standard and should not be charged at what in my case amounted to a fifth of the room charge. I refused to pay and used my phone. Otherwise, a very pleasant comfortable hotel and I'll be back

Room Tip: Avoid the dark rooms on the 6th floor
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear thePaulhongkong,

It was great to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us! Your feedback is important to us as it allows us to monitor and maintain our service standards.

With regards to your comments about the lighting and internet charges, please rest assure that your feedback has been duly noted. We will look into how we can improve in these areas, to ensure the comfort and well being of our guests.

We hope to welcome you back at Amara Singapore again!

Your Sincerely

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Front office staff, restaurant staff all resort to first saying NO as a natural answer. Not so much empathy for customers. Breakfast was of very little use for vegeterians. Rooms were looking jaded especially the bathroom - cracks in wall etc. Room size was great though. Very average experience staying here for 2 nights.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear eagerAmit,

We would like to thank you for the feedback and regret to hear that your stay with us was not satisfactory.

The Management views your feedback seriously and we will defintiely look into improving the mentioned issues. Please rest assure that the comfort and well being of our guests remain our utmost priority.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our property.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights at the end of September. Well appointed rooms, large bathrooms and one of the most comfortable beds I have slept in. All in all good value for money compared to other hotels in the area although I noticed rooms had 'aged' since last time I stayed few years ago. They keep lobby and public areas in better condition though.

Staff if not warm and friendly but at least efficient. Only gripe I would have is that they are obviously used to Chinese speaking clientele. Had trouble making myself understood at reception at check in and in the restaurant when I wanted something to takeaway.

Pool looked beautiful - shame no time to try.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Managemt-Amara-Sing, Manager at Amara Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Dear Jumpjacq,

We are delighted to hear that you thorougly enjoyed your stay at Amara Singapore.

Your feedback is valuable to us as it helps us monitor and improve our service standards, to provide an individual experience for our guests.

Once again, we would like to thank you for your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Yours Sincerely
Amara Hotels & Resorts

Reviewed November 11, 2012

According to my experience and comparing value for money one of the better business hotels in Singapore. Very well booked when I was there, consequently quite some battles at the breakfast buffet - nothing to write home about, might be nicer if the restaurant wasn't that crowded, staff simply overburdened. There are a couple of cafes in the neighbourhood if you prefer real coffee (which you won't get at Amara).

Room was ok, large bathroom, shower acceptable, again nothing special, but at least in my case not the typical Singapore phenomenon regarding noises from neighbours. Good WiFi.

Very conveniently located - 10 min to Chinatown, 15 min to the river, millions of restaurants and food courts in the neighbourhood.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Managemt-Amara-Sing, Manager at Amara Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2012

Dear martin_austria,