Stayed 8 nights over Xmas/New Year. Location is fantastic. Just round corner from Orchard Rd, right near MRT. McDonalds, Starbucks next door. Pasta, KFC, 7 Eleven and small asia cafes across road. You would not find a better location for Orchard Rd Hotels. So many shopping centres so close you can shop, go back and rest, go out again and again. Underneath Tangs is a takeaway with foods, fruit/juice stand that was nice. Carousel Breakfast is incredible. Everything and every culture catered for. Normal cost is $38 per person so try to get it included in your rate - well worth it. We had breakfast, then maybe a drink during day and then dinner at night. No need for lunch. The mini bar refill every day consisted of 2 x Tiger cans, 2 x cokes, 2 x water, 1 orange juide & 2 Oreo's. This is a huge saving. Beers cost around $12 each if buying in bar and cokes etc about $5. Alcohol is VERY expensive. Had standard room for 3 of us (1 fold out bed). Room big enough for 3 adults. Bathroom nice with good amenities. Pool area and gym good and although not a resort style, certainly good for a swim in the humid conditions. MRT pass is excellent and you can top up and if dont use at end of stay, get a refund on whats left. So easy to use and get around. Much easier than Melb or Sydney.Taxi's so cheap also. Sun Tec, Vivo Shopping centre incredible - well worth a visit - allow plenty of time. Hotel staff very friendly and helpful. Need to get down for breakfast before 9.30 as there is a long line to get in after that. Nice bar area upstairs if you dont have Club rooms. Recommend you visit Sentosa, Marina Bay Sands and do spend the $20 and go to top. Universal was booked out for week in advance which we didnt expect so didnt get to go there. Songs of Sea also booked on night we were on Sentosa.We to Night Safari and a little disappointed. Not as many animals as expected and Taronga and Melb zoo is comparable. Take mosquito repellant and do the train tours first to get idea of layout. Expensive to eat there (for what you get). Took a hop on/off bus tour which would recommend early in your stay to get idea of what to see in Singapore. Goes alot of places and need couple of days if want to see everything. Cannot fault this hotel at all and would recommend highly. You may pay a little more than some Orchard Rd hotels but the extra's like mini bar and breakfast save you so much money overall. Staff are incredible friendly and helpful. I cannot imagine you will find a better hotel for price, location, service and would never stay any where else in Singapore.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royal Plaza on Scotts is a deluxe Singapore hotel offering free WIFI and high-speed wired Internet to cater to your business needs. The rooms are also equipped with free Nespresso gourmet coffee, minibars that are replenished daily and free local calls. Delight yourself with meals at award-wining buffet restaurant, Carousel or try out our delicious Artisan cupcakes by Gourmet Carousel. Enjoy exclusive access to 24 hour facilities such as the Internet Lounge and the gym. Our excellent location in Orchard Road means that we are steps away from iconic shopping malls such as ION Orchard, Paragon and Takashimaya and a 10-minutes' drive to the main business and financial institutions like Marina Bay, Shenton Way and Suntec towers. Upcoming events in Singapore: Food & Hotel Asia 2016, Great Singapore Sale and CommunicAsia 2016 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Preferred Hotels, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Plaza on Scotts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Plaza On Scotts Hotel Singapore
- Royal Plaza On Scotts Singapore