“The staff are exceptional!”

Royal Plaza on Scotts
Ranked #44 of 319 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed March 29, 2010

My two sisters and I took our mother to Singapore for her 75th birthday in March 2010, and had booked the Royal Plaza on Scotts for the proximity to the MRT. Before arriving, we had emailed the hotel to see if they could arrange something special for Mum and we were not disappointed! They upgraded my sister and mother to a premium room on the 11th floor, which was as good as our superior room on the 4th floor, but had a view and a full sized bath. They arranged a birthday cake on her birthday and delivered it to her room and proceeded to sing "Happy Birthday". The staff were attentive at all times, from the cleaners to the wonderful concierge staff. The rooms were spotless and comfortable. We could not have asked for anything more. A truly memorable stay and would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
CRM03, General Manager at Royal Plaza on Scotts, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2010

Dear Familytravellers

E-concierge was added to our website three years ago to assist our guests to make any arrangements prior to their arrival. Thank you for using our E-concierge services.

It sounds like a nice plan to travel together and celebrate mom’s birthday. I am glad that we were able to do our bit to make this celebration trip a memorable one.

Thank you for appreciating our efforts.

We hope to be part of your next family celebrations.

Patrick Fiat

Write a ReviewReviews (4,580)

Reviewed March 28, 2010

Nice ambience, its on scott's road, good and halal food.....

Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple

Dear MuhaiminHamdan

Thank you for your short and sweet review. Looks like you enjoyed our hotel’s ambiance, location and the good food.

We will be looking forward to your next trip.
See you.

Reviewed March 27, 2010

Very speedy and friendly check despite it being 2:00am. Offered free late check out until 3pm which was appreciated. Free mini bar was very nice - water, juice and a couple of beers - what else do you need? The curtains blocked out the light well so was able to sleep late. The bed was comfortable but needed more pillows. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. For a quick over night stay in Singapore this hotel was just right.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
CRM03, General Manager at Royal Plaza on Scotts, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2010

Dear Joford

Thank you for your kind review. I am glad to hear that my team was attentive even during the wee hours.

We practice flexibility at Royal Plaza and late check-out is extended, based on the availability. We understand that the last leg of the trip is a generally busy and the extra time is always handy.

Good to hear that room ambient was to your comfort. Next time you may make use the extra pillows in the cupboard or may ask for more.

Thank you and see you again.

Reviewed March 22, 2010

Stayed here in Dec 08 for 3 nights.. got the deal from there website and was offered 1 night free stay on 3 nights booking for a club room.. still paid around USD 500 for the overall stay.. however, the room was very average and small.. mini bar was free under the room rate but very limited items in it.. reached hotel around 7 in the morning but was made to wait for 3 hrs before check in... the reason given to me was very petty.. i was told that the staff is not available for cleaning the room... gosh!! the most unexpected thing.. they then offered me an immediate check-in for an additional 150 USD.. but I was quite fed up by that time and decided to wait in the reception.. I would not really recommend this hotel for a family stay... it offers nothing apart from a very nice location... just hop across the road for much better choices at little extra cost..

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tirajat

Dear Wonderlust

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

I am sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with us...and it’s still fresh in your memories. I seek your understanding in this matter as at times room will not be ready for check in at 7am, due to the high occupancy the night before your arrival. However my colleague could have responded to the situation differently.

Prior to your next arrival let us know if you will need early check in. We will try our best to accommodate. Alternative we recommend our guests to store their luggage with us and they may go out for the sight seeing etc. One day advance room booking is recommended for the people who must have a room at early hours.

I hope you will find us worthy of another try.

See you next time.

Reviewed March 17, 2010

We spent two nights at this hotel in a club deluxe room and I was very happy. The check-in was speedy and friendly when we arrived and the staff were friendly for our stay. The room although not large was big enough as we didn't spend much time there. The bed was fantastic and new pillows were supplied the next morning as I requested on my feedback form. The bathroom was mould free (unlike most hotels in Asia) which made me very happy.
I preferred the breakfast in the restaurant downstairs as opposed to the club as it was freshly prepared and there was more choice, although upstairs was nice if you would like peace and quiet over breakfast. There was only thing we were really upset about, we did not realize the restaurants are halal. As we are living in KL we were really looking forward to some real bacon and could not believe our eyes when we saw beef bacon.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
crm02, General Manager at Royal Plaza on Scotts, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2010

Hi there Melanijane33

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with us. I am very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and loved the comfortable bed and pillows. I am also delighted to hear the compliments for my team. I will give them a pat on their back on your behalf.

You sound well informed about Halal regulations. Royal Plaza on Scotts has a Halal certified kitchen, thus serving a halal international buffet. I can understand your disappointment if you were craving for bacon during your stay.

I hope that this will not hinder you from coming back to Royal Plaza on Scotts. We are located amidst popular eateries. Prior to you next trip to Singapore, please drop me a line and I will recommend you a few.

Thank you.

Best Regards

Reviewed March 7, 2010

Just spent 3 nights at the Royal Plaza. Like one other reviewer we were 'upgraded' to a Premier Corner Suite, read a room at the end of the corridor. Having lived in SG for 8 years and being somewhat aware that the Royal Plaza had undergone renovation in recent yearsm having stayed there now I wonder where and how. Low ceilings, very average rooms, less than average fixtures and fittings .. I'm glad my company paid as I wuld have spat the dummy out otherwise.
Location is great, on site facilities again very average. I'm actually surprised it's rated as high as it is for SG hotels. Defintely not a 'business' hotel.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank Sportbilly121
simplypia, General Manager at Royal Plaza on Scotts, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2010

Dear Sportbilly

Thank you for your recent stay at Royal Plaza on Scotts. The hotel went through a complete renovation in 2007 which gave a major make-over to our rooms and restaurants.

It’s unfortunate that our rooms and fixtures were not to your liking. I hope that you had a fine stay in Singapore nonetheless.

Best Regards

Reviewed March 7, 2010

Great location, as it takes us only 3 minutes by foot to get into Orchard Road's main shopping belt. The service staff were polite, efficient and accomodating. We booked a superior room online, and were dissapointed to find that it came without a bathtub. Upon checking with the front desk and sharing with them that we really needed a room with a tub to bathe our toddler, we were offered a complimentary upgrade within minutes. As for the rooms, they were clean and comfortable enough, but they're nowhere near the standards of local boutique hotels. Also, the hotel pool was very small.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
foodienumber1, General Manager at Royal Plaza on Scotts, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2010

Dear Janerty

Thank you for your comments.
At RP, Premiere, Club Deluxe rooms as well as Suites are fitted with bathtubs and separate standing rain showers. However Superior and Deluxe rooms come with the standing rain shower only.

I am happy to know that my colleague at reception understood and responded to your request quickly.

I’m also glad you enjoyed the location, proximity and easy access to other areas. It really makes a difference when you’re staying in this part of town.

See you again.