“Ideal location at great hotel!”

Royal Plaza on Scotts
Ranked #47 of 308 Hotels in Singapore
Perth, Australia
“Ideal location at great hotel!”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

The up-grade was an un-expected surprise to a Premier room with added bonus thrown in. I would certainly return when we go back to Singapore! Great value and friendly and helpful staff. The 4 nights in our Premier room on a high floor gave us full use of cocktails and nibbles each evening at no extra charge! Would recommend....

Room Tip: Upgrades from 3rd party suppliers are often available.
1 Thank Paul T
rpcrm, General Manager at Royal Plaza on Scotts, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear titho21,

Thank you for your kind feedback.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed an upgrade and that it was to your satisfaction! We would love to have you back with us again on your next visit to Singapore. I will be sure to commend our friendly service teams for helping you make your stay a more convenient one.

Thank you very much in advance for your vote of confidence and recommendation!

Patrick Fiat

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (792)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
Volos, Greece
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Everything was super
i staied at the hotel for 4 days last March!!!
everything was perfect!!!
nice room with Free wifi !!!
nice breakfast !!!
the night buffet was the best!!!
i would like to stay again in the future...

1 Thank 882OLGA
Dear 882OLGA,

Thank you for your kind feedback.

It was lovely having you with us and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and your dinner. We would love to have you back with us again – do hurry back so we can take care of you once more!

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 1, 2014

outstanding hotel experience, staff are very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. The rooms were very clean, the bed very comfortable and the shower was the best hotel shower I have ever used. Close to the MRT (train) that will take you anywhere you want to go(fabulous and easy to negotiate{get a visitors pass}), many shops close by. The buffet breakfast was the best I have ever had. The buffet dinner is not cheap but delicious and worth every cent. The outlook from the window in the room is not so great but it is off the main road so the rooms are quiet so it is worth it.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank diandjayne
Dear diandjayne,

Thank you for leaving us such a kind review.

It was our pleasure to get the opportunity to host you on your recent stay and I am delighted to hear that my service teams were able to assist in ensuring that your stay was comfortable and convenient. I am glad also that you were able to enjoy our opportune location and shopping havens on the iconic Orchard shopping belt.

Hats off to our Carousel chefs indeed – the impressive dinner spread certainly is the best value we encourage our guests to try. I am happy to hear it met your expectations and hope that you will return to try it again!

Jakarta
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Worth of money to stay, good location for shopping n stay in singapore, I like the free minibars, even though that I don't often use the drinks but I feel the hotel is generous :) I will love to be back again

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Japchinphing
Dear Japchinphing,

Thank you for your valued feedback! It was our pleasure to have you with us and we are glad that you had an enjoyable stay. Similarly, we would love to have you back with us again – please let us know when you are coming!

Canberra, Australia
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Normally when going to Singapore we live on the cheap, but this time round we decided to splash out a bit and get a hotel. Staying for 3 nights, we found a special rate on their website making the room very affordable. Although not getting a room upgrade (no matter how hard we tried ;p) we were pleasantly surprised by this hotel. The room was of a good size, the bathrooms good too, and the hotel was clean, quiet and comfortable. We weren't disturbed by other guests or banging doors when we decided to sleep in, and found the staff helpful when we required them. The location is also amazing with the MRT close by.

Tip - if you are like us and want to eat cheaper and authentic singaporean food, with no nearby hawker centres we found the food hall underneath the nearby ION centre to be a pretty good substitute :)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Matthew L
Dear Matthew L,

Thank you for your kind feedback.

I am delighted that you gave us a chance on your recent trip to Singapore – thank you also for booking with us through our website! Indeed, you will find the best value promotions and deals there. I do regret that we were not able to upgrade you despite your request – however, we will try our best to accord you an upgrade if our occupancy allows it - if you would be kind enough to drop us an email with your stay details, we can take note of it.

I am glad to hear that you were able to enjoy an uninterrupted sleep and that the hotel was comfortable for you. I will be sure to commend our housekeeping team on their vigilance in keeping the premises clean.

Do return to stay with us again soon on your next visit to Singapore! I look forward to having you with us again – you would also get to enjoy our opportune location once more!

Delhi
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Though the hotel is quite nice and well located but the reception people are quite uncaring. I arrived early and despite being pre-informed, I was not given the early check in. Had to struggle finding a place in the lobby to wait for! After the check in was done, the experience completely changed. Good rooms, apt staff and best location are the highlights. The breakfast buffet was also a lavish spread though it was not in my package. The touchiest thing for me was that every room had Qibla direction for offering Namaz. This trait was the best!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Syed H,

Thank you for your valued feedback.

I regret to hear that you had a disappointing check-in experience during your stay. However, our standard check-in time is 2pm, and as much as we want to have the room ready when guests arrive, it can be quite a challenge when we are running full. Having said that, I will be sure to inform my service teams to be a bit more proactive in identifying our guest needs – it is not right to come across to our guests as uncaring. I hope you will consider staying with us again so that we can do better on your next visit.

However, I am glad to hear that you had a rewarding experience after staying in our rooms. I do hope that you get the chance to also try our dinner spread – it is a lot more impressive and we look forward to having you back again!

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I've been to Singapore almost every year, but this is my first time staying at the RP. I fell in love at the first "assalamualaikum" greeted by a friendly doorman. Perfect location, halal breakfast at Carousel, and they even upgraded our room, with free and high speed internet access. I definitely will stay here again next year. Great job :)

1 Thank PritaHapsari
Dear PritaHapsari,

Greetings from Royal Plaza on Scotts!

Thank you for leaving us a kind review. It has been our pleasure having you with us on your first stay and I am delighted to hear that you will be returning. We look forward to taking care of you and your family then!