“Convenience at a great rate”

Royal Plaza on Scotts
Ranked #47 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed April 5, 2013

This was the second stay I have had at the Royal Plaza. The first was with my husband and the second was with my daughter. The location is brilliant for a shopping holiday as it is close to Orchard Road, the buses and the MRT station. The staff are helpful and the room is clean and well decked out. The rates are very reasonable.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MaryAnneI_13

Reviewed April 4, 2013

The Royal Plaza on Scotts was a good value compared to other like hotels in Singapore. As a first time visitor, I was given an automatic upgrade to a room on an upper floor. About the only hotel that offers free in-room wifi internet access and the free mini-bar, modest though it is, is a refreshing perk. Room was clean and well appointed and comfortable. The window between the bathroom and sleeping area was a bit unusual, although could be a nice touch. I would recommend they use a light blocking shade instead of just a light colored privacy shade, though, because using the bathroom in the middle of the night casts light into the sleeping area. I did not use the restaurant at all, as the prices were exorbitant. I'm sorry...I just won't pay $28 for a hamburger. I highly recommend the Newton Food Plaza, which is a very nearby hawker center for eating. Prices are reasonable and have pretty much anything you would desire, especially seafood. Would stay at the Royal Plaza again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank suphaps2017
Reviewed April 4, 2013

The hotel is nice, the concierges and the front officers are so friendly. The room is clean and more surprising is we've got free minibar @ RP ;) Unfortunately, we're very disappointed with the house keeping officer, they ignored our request to clean up the room. We've to wait until night to have our rooms be cleaned up.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I recently spent 4 nights at Royal Plaza on Scots. This was my third visit to the hotel.

The check in was quick and the staff member helpful and friendly. We were able to check in straight away and our bags were brought up to our room.

I'm fairly certain we had a standard room, but it was spacious and clean. The bed was hige and very comfortable. The extra pillow we ordered arrived quickly.

The inclusion of the free Nespresso machine and limited mini bar is fantastic. It was nice to be able to take a bottle of water out with us, and come back to a coffee or coke.

The location is fantastic, right near the Orchard Road MRT and all the shopping centres along Orchard Rd.

My only negative from this stays is that the front of the hotel was undergoing renovation. As a result, the size of the entrance was greatly reduced and it was often annoying as people would queue for a taxi , luggage and all, and block the steps to the entrance entirely. I can't count the number of times I had to say excuse me to get through the entrance, which really shouldn't occur. The lack of space meant it was difficult to stand under cover and put your umbrella up or down without bumping someone (it unfortunately rained every day of my stay).

Also, as the entrance was reduced, so was the width of the driveway entrance. This meant it was hard to walk along the edge of the drive to reach the path and a large number of tour buses use the entrace. We were caught in the rain a number of times waiting for the tour busses to pass (or move along when the drive way was busy) so we could get to the hotel entrance.

Overall though, it was a great stay and the location, brilliant!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WorksOnly2Travel
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We found this hotel to be fine for our 4 night sightseeing trip to Singapore. Plus was location which is only a 3 minute walk to Orchard MTR.

The rooms are adequate - very basic toiletries, no robes, two bath towels and don't be deluded by the 'free' mini bar as it only has 2 beers, 2 sodas and 1 three pack of Oreos. There was a Nespresso machine in the room with three coffee capsules therefore yielding 1.5 cups per person per day!. Free wifi was spotty at best.

With all that negativity it's still a good tourist/sightseeing hotel to stay in if you plan to be out all day soaking up Singapore and only need a place to sleep. It's not the hotel to stay in if you want to luxuriate in your room or hang out at the pool or lobby with a drink.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Luckyb99
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights bed and breakfast and it cost us S$592.63 about £316. The front of the hotel is nothing at the moment just boards, the reception is stunning, large and colourful and staff polite and helpful. The room was comfortable and large but nothing more than many other rooms we have stayed in for less money. It had a large comfortable bed, tv, fridge with complimentary drinks, 2 water, 2 soft drinks and 2 small packets of oreo biscuits. The shower was large and had complimentary toiletries but the bathroom door had frosted glass in it which is a bit silly who wants to see someone sit on the toilet, I banned my husband from coming near the bathroom when I was in it, also the lock was broke so you could only shut the door not lock it. I had requested a bath because of a bad back but when I rang reception once we saw the room only had a shower was told we would have to pay more for this, and I thought we were already paying enough so we stayed put. We only had a view of a multistorey car park. Excellent location on a busy road, we arrived about 9.00pm tired and hungry and bought sandwiches from across the road in a 7 eleven shop. Excellent breakfast great choice and very near the MRT so great location. I do not want to sound negative about the hotel, we had a great break, loved Singapore and I suppose £158 per night for a nice hotel is the price you have to pay in Singapore. Would recommend.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Although some of the hotel public areas and corridors are a bit dated don't let this fool you. The rooms are comfortable, quiet and fitted out with free mini bar, espresso coffee makers and WiFi. The staff were very friendly and helpful, the pool is open 24 hrs and the location was fabulous- just off the overly busy Orchard Road. Second time in a year that I have chosen the Royal Plaza and would come back again.

• Stayed: April 2013