“Very poor customer service, dissapointing experience”

Royal Plaza on Scotts
Ranked #45 of 306 Hotels in Singapore
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Very poor customer service, dissapointing experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

I went to Singapore on holiday with my extended family which includes 5 young children and booked multiple rooms at this hotel. We arrived at 2pm, the kids were hungry and tired. We were very upset when told that the rooms were not ready. So We left our things at the hotel and went shopping on Orchard Rd. We returned to the hotel at 5pm. To our surprise the rooms were still not ready!! The receptionist was extremely unhelpful and simply said that the hotel never guaranteed that guests can check in at 2pm. But it is totally unacceptable to make guests wait for hours to get their rooms. What kind of 5 star hotel is this? I have stayed at many hotels and never waited to check in for more than 3 hours. As the receptionist was so uselesss I asked to see the hotel manager. The manager apologised and expained that the rooms would be available in a few minutes. We finally entered our rooms at 5.45pm. To add to this unpleasant check-in experience, my room had not been cleaned properly. It was so obvious that it had been cleaned in a rush and the cleaner forgot to change my pillow case. It smelled like someone had already slept on it for a few nights. So at 11pm I called reception to complain. I waited around half an hour for someone to come with a clean pillow case. Why he took half an hour to find a clean pillowcase is a mystery to me. Maybe the hotel doesnt have enough pillowcases. The only good thing about this hotel is its central location.The room itself is old and tired and not worth the price. I booked this hotel after reading many positive reviews on tripadvisor but my experience was very dissapoining. I will not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank kristy321

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (786)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

There's nothing flashy about Royal Plaza on Scotts. It's a welcoming, comfortable, extremely easy place to base yourself in Singapore. The beds are comfy, the rooms are quiet. The free basic minibar provisions and wi-fi connectivity just make life so easy here. The location is wonderful. The fact that the whole hotel is non-smoking is a real bonus. We always upgrade to the Royal Club level and make full use of it throughout the day. The staff are knowledgeable, personable and very friendly. It's so nice to be greeted by name - they even remember how we like our coffee! We stay here every time we come to Singapore and it's become our home away from home.

Room Tip: No real views from this hotel - club rooms are on the highest floors.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
rpcrm, General Manager at Royal Plaza on Scotts, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear thefoodieworld,

Thank you for your continuous support for Royal Plaza on Scotts. The team and I are very grateful for all the lovely words you have written. We always strive to provide the service our guests deserve and we are humbled to be receiving such words of appreciation. Once again, thank you and we look forward to your next visit!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

I had the privilege to stay in Royal Plaza on Scotts for one night in May 2012 for business. It was the best night ever.

Location: Strategic location. Within walking distance to Orchard Road. Great access to many shopping malls (Scotts Shopping Centre, ION Singapore) and other cafes and restaurants.

Hotel: Very busy hotel. Always filled with people. Taxi queues just outside the hotel foyer is just overwhelming. Concierge was friendly and check-in and out were fast. Good food at Carousel, spoilt with choices. Good breakfast too. Cosy setup at the lobby.

Room: Clean, spacious and luxurious room setup. Good lighting in the room and big table for work. Sexy bath from room is visible. Coffee machine, and mini bar are simply excellent! One of best parts was the comfortable bed! After a tiring day at work, the bed made me feel so at ease and I didn't feel like waking up. Free in-room high-speed internet wifi service too. The bathroom is just wonderful with strong water pressure, very spacious and filled with superb quality toiletries. Free carpark behind the hotel premise too.

Highly recommended to travellers to Singapore.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear Syeen,

We are privileged to have you with us too!

I am so delighted that we were able to exceed your expectations! Though it was for business, I am glad you were well rested from the demands of work and travel. It is great to know that we were able to provide all the amenities and services you needed and deserved. Thank you for your recommendation and also remember to share this wonderful experience with your family and friends back home!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

We are currently enjoying the facilities @ the Royal Plaza. Found the hotel-on trip advisor and so far have not been disappointed with our choice. Location is excellent as was breakfast this morning. We are planning on returning to Singapore soon to stay longer as we only have three nights this visit. We will stay again .... Thanks

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Meganjohnson50,

We must have made an impression!

Thank you for taking time to write this review while you were still at Royal Plaza on Scotts. We truly appreciate it. I am also pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. See you next time!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights on floor 13. It was quite and room was very clean.
I recommend high level of you want sleep in as there is works going on.
Free breakfast was amazing great selection
Will defiantly stay again.

• Stayed March 2013
Bandung, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

I stay there for 3 days. The service was good. I had a little problem when I checked in for my stay because the person who booked for my stay weren't able to come. But it was all good, the staff explained everthing to me carefully and I really appreciate that he used my languange. The room's interior was very good. I really like the facilities as well. TV channels were also good. The room was very clean and comfortable.
The foods were really great. So many varietes, the taste was also very good, the service was quick, all good points for the restaurant (Carousel).
The location of the hotel is strategic, it's near the shopping mall and also MRT.
Overall, it was a very good stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

renovation ongoing around the main lobby entrance of the hotel. some noise when you enter the lobby but otherwise you do not hear any noise even from our 3rd floor room.

free wifi and free mini bar (beer included except no hard liquor) when we stayed there from March 23-25, 2013

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank argylecamacho
Dear argylecamacho,

We appreciate your understanding while the construction experts are helping us out with our facelift.

We are glad that the complimentary WIFI and the minibar made your stay more comfortable and convenient. Having a chilled drink in the comfort of your room makes the hot and humid weather of Singapore a little more bearable. I am glad you enjoyed yourself! Thank you and we look forward to your next visit!