I went to Singapore on holiday with my extended family which includes 5 young children and booked multiple rooms at this hotel. We arrived at 2pm, the kids were hungry and tired. We were very upset when told that the rooms were not ready. So We left our things at the hotel and went shopping on Orchard Rd. We returned to the hotel at 5pm. To our surprise the rooms were still not ready!! The receptionist was extremely unhelpful and simply said that the hotel never guaranteed that guests can check in at 2pm. But it is totally unacceptable to make guests wait for hours to get their rooms. What kind of 5 star hotel is this? I have stayed at many hotels and never waited to check in for more than 3 hours. As the receptionist was so uselesss I asked to see the hotel manager. The manager apologised and expained that the rooms would be available in a few minutes. We finally entered our rooms at 5.45pm. To add to this unpleasant check-in experience, my room had not been cleaned properly. It was so obvious that it had been cleaned in a rush and the cleaner forgot to change my pillow case. It smelled like someone had already slept on it for a few nights. So at 11pm I called reception to complain. I waited around half an hour for someone to come with a clean pillow case. Why he took half an hour to find a clean pillowcase is a mystery to me. Maybe the hotel doesnt have enough pillowcases. The only good thing about this hotel is its central location.The room itself is old and tired and not worth the price. I booked this hotel after reading many positive reviews on tripadvisor but my experience was very dissapoining. I will not stay at this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royal Plaza on Scotts is a deluxe Singapore hotel offering free WIFI and high-speed wired Internet to cater to your business needs. The rooms are also equipped with free Nespresso gourmet coffee, minibars that are replenished daily and free local calls. Delight yourself with meals at award-wining buffet restaurant, Carousel or try out our delicious Artisan cupcakes by Gourmet Carousel. Enjoy exclusive access to 24 hour facilities such as the Internet Lounge and the gym. Our excellent location in Orchard Road means that we are steps away from iconic shopping malls such as ION Orchard, Paragon and Takashimaya and a 10-minutes' drive to the main business and financial institutions like Marina Bay, Shenton Way and Suntec towers. Upcoming events in Singapore: Food & Hotel Asia 2016, Great Singapore Sale and CommunicAsia 2016 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Expedia, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Plaza on Scotts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Plaza On Scotts Hotel Singapore
- Royal Plaza On Scotts Singapore