“Good choice”

Royal Plaza on Scotts
Ranked #47 of 316 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I was able to conveniently book a room for an important guest, at the eleventh hour, with the friendly and efficient assistance of the reservations coordinator. Payment arrangement was a breeze. My guest liked the room, facilities and location of RP. Good variety of food choices at Carousel with attentive and friendly services. A value for money and convenient choice. The hotel would have looked more impressive if renovation is completed.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Royal Plaza on Scotts

Reviewed March 5, 2013

My wife and I spent 3 nights and 4 days in Singapore.
Being in the Orchard district makes the RP very handy for access to shops and the MRT (which is excellent).
Good value for money and excellent facilities. Everything in the room is near new and the hotel has a real 5 star feel about it.
Nice small pool is great for relaxing. Complimentary beers and soft drinks in the room is great as well as the Nespresso machine.
Renovations to the entry and other parts of the building were unnoticeable from the room or even the lobby.
I thoroughly recommend the RP on Scotts.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I was able to come for a business trip and was booked into this hotel by my secretary as cheaper. Rooms were ok and service not exceptionally bright but overall ok. However I didn't like the construction outside the hotel n I tripped outside while walking back hotel. Not hotel fault of course but the outside surroundings was not too nice. The buffet was delicious I like that most.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
rpcrm, General Manager at Royal Plaza on Scotts, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Dear Victor L,

My apologies for the inconveniences of the construction. We want to provide the best for our guests. Hence an upgrading will help us enhance the outlook of our hotel. I hope that as we go through this phase, we will have the understanding and anticipation of our guests. We will be looking better very soon!

Reviewed March 3, 2013

I stayed there for a couple of days during november 2012.
I can say that i would not recommand this hotel despite its excellent location.
The rooms are quite tiny, and the hotel could use a refurbishing.
I payed more than 300 SGD per night (which is quite a lot) and i had a small room like in Ibis hotels.
The breakfast selection was a bit average.
For me this is like a 3 stars hotel , and no way a 4 stars hotels like they try to brand it ...

I had a room with a view on a parking lot, but you can probably ask a for a room with a street view.

the bed was also average and was more of a queen size than a king size.

I wouldn't go back there until they have refurbished it.

Room Tip: ask for a street view and a high floor.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Dr_Mojito,

Thank you for writing such a valuable feedback. We want to make improvements to deliver the best for our guests. We are actually in the midst of a refurbishment now, starting from the façade. Therefore, we would like to ask for our guest’s understanding and pardon for the little action happening at our doorstep. We will be making improvements to our product and services and I hope that you will visit us once again!

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Good location near to shopping and eaterys and Cinema. A very comfy bed .. Room a little on the small side but very clean.Shower rose is incredible ( very big) and bathroom clean. Fast wireless internet is good to

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
rpcrm, General Manager at Royal Plaza on Scotts, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Dear GregBurns,

The rain shower is a plus point for our travellers and will surely keep you refreshed. Thank you for writing such a succinct yet informative review. Visit us on your next stay in Singapore so you may experience again the small wonders of Royal Plaza on Scotts.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

My partner and I stayed here for 3 nights in February 2013. The winning feature of this hotel is it's location which is on Scotts Rd, off Orchard Rd so shopping and the MRT is definitely in walking distance. We got the Club room which has free mini-bar, free wifi, access to the Club lounge for drinks/canapes and includes breakfast (either at the main restaurant or at the club lounge). The room was decent sized with comfy beds and nice bathroom however the shower took a while for the hot water to turn on. The service both at reception, club reception, concierge and housekeeping was excellent and accomodating. The breakfast is also high quality with an extensive choice for even the fussy eater. Overall I would stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Spend the extra $ and get the club room

Dear Amytraveller2009,

Wow! I am glad you enjoyed yourself! It is delightful to be reading reviews from our guests. Thank you for all the compliments and kind words you have written. The pleasure is ours. Our team will continue delivering the best Royal Plaza on Scotts experience. We await for your return!

Reviewed February 28, 2013

The location is pretty near Orchard Road, which is where you'd like to be - to shop. Ion Orchard mall is pretty near. And if you're shopping for high end stuff, DFS Mall is just beside it (where my wife bought her Celine bag)
The Mini Bar is a nice touch, as they don't charge you for anything that's inside the ref (bottled water; coke; diet coke; 2 Tiger beer; Oreo's) and they seem to be replenishing it during the day as well.
The bed/sheets are really clean and very comfortable.
Shower and Tub, all very decent.
They don't charge you for local calls made from inside your hotel room (to make restaurant reservations at Jumbo seafood)
All the malls are just walking distance, so you will not run out of options to eat or shop.
Rooms are pretty quiet also, I'm sure if you stayed along Orchard, that wouldn't be the case and prices of the hotels there are also higher.

If you're looking for a hotel within the city, near Orchard, this is definitely the one for you.

Dear nic_homeaid,

You have mentioned all that a traveller must know in choosing which place to stay. Complimentary minibar and complimentary local calls are just some of the value added services that Royal Plaza on Scotts proudly offers to our guests. Thank you for writing such a wonderful review. The team and I look forward to your next shopping spree in Singapore!