By careful detective work and a process of elimination, I worked out that the Royal Plaza on Scotts was a secret deal on Expedia. We had noticed that pretty much everything in Singapore looked phenomenally expensive, so we were keen to pay a tiny bit more than we usually would and get something worthwhile, rather than pay our normal budget and end up with something awful, especially since it was just the one night at the end of our holiday. I decided to go for it at around $250NZ (around $210US).
At that price, this was great value for money, particularly given that Singapore seems like a pretty expensive place accommodation wise in general. We were upgraded (or so we were told) to a Premier room, which was absolutely lovely - huge bed, great bathroom, nice setup, and with a free minibar and espresso machine you couldn't really go wrong. We got very good service, though I will say it is a busy hotel in terms of the entrance and lobby, so there was a wait for some things.
It's in a pretty cool area, though those who are planning like we were to be in Singapore for a very short time might prefer to be somewhere closer to the bay, as that's where we ended up spending our time. Still, the MRT wasn't far away at all, and taxis are cheap-as in Singapore, so location isn't much of an issue regardless.
If you're getting it pretty reasonably/low priced, this place is definitely a good pick. Still good if you're paying average rate but want to be in the Orchard area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royal Plaza on Scotts is a deluxe Singapore hotel offering free WIFI and high-speed wired Internet to cater to your business needs. The rooms are also equipped with free Nespresso gourmet coffee, minibars that are replenished daily and free local calls. Delight yourself with meals at award-wining buffet restaurant, Carousel or try out our delicious Artisan cupcakes by Gourmet Carousel. Enjoy exclusive access to 24 hour facilities such as the Internet Lounge and the gym. Our excellent location in Orchard Road means that we are steps away from iconic shopping malls such as ION Orchard, Paragon and Takashimaya and a 10-minutes' drive to the main business and financial institutions like Marina Bay, Shenton Way and Suntec towers. Upcoming events in Singapore: Food & Hotel Asia 2016, Great Singapore Sale and CommunicAsia 2016 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Preferred Hotels, Agoda, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Royal Plaza on Scotts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Plaza On Scotts Hotel Singapore
- Royal Plaza On Scotts Singapore