Royal Plaza on Scotts
$173
  • Restaurant
One Farrer Hotel & Spa(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$186
$171
$357
RitzCarlton.com
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Changi Airport(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$143
Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore(Singapore)
$290
$214
  • Pool
Park Hotel Clarke Quay(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$114
$92
Official Website
4,652 results
All reviewsfree mini barcarousel restaurantorchard roadthe royal club loungenespresso machinepremiere roomfar east plazaion orchardreplenished dailyfree wifishopping districtnon smokingexcellent locationbuffet breakfastcentral locationrain showermrt station
Reviewed August 4, 2011

We checked in at Royal Plaza on Scotts last month and were totally amazed at how efficient checking in was. Everything was a breeze - from the time I made the booking online, they sent me reminder emails prior to my check in date, up to the actual check in date. I was anxious on our way to SG knowing that we will be arrving at night and based on previous experiences, we tend to wait and ended up not getting the kind of room that we've requested. But I was suprised when we got the hotel, our room was ready - no waiting involved. I got the kind of bed I specified on my reservation. I was offered their loyalty program which I joined, of course. The location of the hotel was perfect for our need. There's a 24 hour coffee shop and fast food place. I liked the Nespresso machine on our room and the fact that everything on the mini bar comes with the hotel rate. The bed was comfortable and I liked the furnitures in our room. Bathroom was decent and roomy. The staff were very warm and accomodating, always greeting us with their warm smiles. Needless to say, we are definitely coming back to this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2011

I booked RPS on the basis that it had received many good reviews and also because there was a deal on WOTIF. We had previously stayed at Mandarin Oriental the 2 nights before, so moving to RPS was a little bit of a shock. The lobby was chaotic - everyone was talking in extremely loud voices, the staff weren't as well-dressed, and I just found it rather annoying how many of the guests would use the lobby for their catching up session. Many times, we have walked down to the lobby only to find the equivalent of a marketplace going on there.

The room was very ordinary - we booked the Deluxe room. The bathroom was also very ordinary. Nice enough but there was no WOW factor. However, the free wi-fi was a VERY nice touch as even Mandarin Oriental did not offer this service free of charge. Also, there was a Nespresso machine in our room AND the mini-bar was complimentary (one of the staff came up and explained this to us). I think it was these small touches that ultimately saved RPS and made the hotel memorable.

The location was fantastic - it was brilliant to be able to walk straight home after a long day out shopping on Orchard Road.

But other than that, I doubt we would come back and stay at RPS when in Singapore.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2011

It is my second visit in this hotel. It is aligned with a 4 stars hotel standard.
Remarkable the breakfast and the general atmosphere.
Sometimes the interior decoration is a little bit kitch for my personal perspective.
Location is excellent : walking distance from Orchard and main commercial centers.
Excellent for an Italian : any room has a Lavazza coffee machine!!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 2, 2011

Stayed for 2 nights and we were very happy with it's location, hotel cleanliness and courteous & polite staff. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Bundyburt
Reviewed August 2, 2011

This is a very clean hotel, with excellent and friendly staff, and a well-considered approach to assisting customers. Price was also very keen and good value for money. Booking was easy - no problems and instantly confirmed. Through our error, my wife left her handbag (containing money, cards, passport and many valuables) in the taxi. The staff at check-in and the concierge had located the taxi, and had the bag returned in fifteen minutes - what an excellent welcome to the hotel, Singapore and the taxi driver. All the while they were extremely considerate toward her and did their utmost to ensure she was supported. My personal thanks for a great stay. You will never know how grateful we both were for your assistance in helping us with our needs when the bag was left in the cab. Your staff were magnificent (and the rest of the stay was too)

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple