I booked a Premier room weekend stay from 27th Feb to 28th Feb at your hotel. I have stayed at numerous hotels all over the world and I only have a few things to say about your hotel: Absolutely World First Class, Mind Blowing, extravagant and worth every cent and so much more!!!
To start of, the staff of the hotel definitely live up to the motto: "what can we do for you". Everywhere I went in the hotel, I was greeted with warm smiles, excellent service and the words, "what can I do for you".
When I booked for my stay online, I enquired if the hotel could do something special as it was a romantic getaway. When I checked into about 3 plus, the reception staff were really warm, smiley and check in was a breeze. The bell boy standing nearby addressed me by name as he helped me keep the elevator door open and press the correct floor. That was just the start of our adventure.
When we arrived at our floor, we were greeted by the sign "premier" and the beautiful carpet stretching down the corridor. Though the air circulation could be improved as it smelled like a horse stable. Stepping into the room, we were blown away by the elegant, beautiful design of the room, that it was exactly the same as the pictures online (some hotel rooms do not look the same as the pictures published). We were excited to discover red rose petals scattered around the bathtub (just a suggestion, would be even better with rose petals in a heart shape on the bed). Thank you for the lovely roses at no extra charge.
On the study table, was a hand-written note with a gift of 2 GV movie tickets, and suggestions about 2 movies perfect for couples. The personal touch of hand writing and recommendations of the movies was totally unexpected and deeply appreciated. We totally did not expect the tickets, much less the recommendations. The welcome card by Arthur Chua the Manager only increased our happiness.
Before we could recover from shock, Rendi called to ask if he could deliver a cake. He came to our room with the cake and introduced himself by giving me his name card, telling me to call him if I needed anything. In all my hotel stays, I never had any manager doing such a thing, much less a cake. The cake was delicious, though too sweet for our liking and could do without the pink bandung flavour around the cake.
During my stay, I requested for 2 pairs of chopsticks and spoons and they were delivered on a tray with napkins too. The bed and pillows were so comfortable that my girlfriend wanted to purchase them, and is curious about the brand and models of the mattress and pillows.
When we went down to breakfast, at the carousel cafe, we stuffed ourselves the delicious food and were so extremely that we did not eat lunch. All your staff were excellent, In particular, 2 staff in particular stood out to me; one was the lady at the noodle station who was proud of the the noodles she cooked and boasted it was delicious and famous, she was was not bluffing as it was delicious. The other was Alex at the fruit juice station who was still serving in spite of having cut his finger and had a bandage around it.
About 1:20pm before my check out timing, I requested for an extension of another hour and your staff were very friendly and professional. The lady receptionist who answered the phone helped me check with her superior before informing me that my request was approved. My check out was a breeze like my check in.
To sum it up, as Arthur Chua quoted Walt Disney in the welcome card, "Do what you do so well that they will want to see it again and bring their friends." Royal Plaza has certainly left a lasting impact on me, and I definitely will be back. Please keep up the excellent standard and raise it even higher with your committed, excellent staff and their strong teamwork.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royal Plaza on Scotts is a deluxe Singapore hotel offering free Wi-Fi and high-speed wired Internet to cater to your business needs. The rooms are also equipped with free Nespresso gourmet coffee, minibars that are replenished daily and free local calls. Delight your tastebuds at award-winning buffet restaurant, Carousel, that offers a plethora of sumptuous international cuisine. Enjoy exclusive access to 24-hour facilities such as the internet lounge and gym. Our excellent location in Orchard Road means that we are steps away from iconic shopping malls such as ION Orchard, Paragon and Takashimaya and a 10-minutes' drive to key business and financial areas such as Marina Bay, Shenton Way and Suntec Towers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Royal Plaza on Scotts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Plaza On Scotts Hotel Singapore
- Royal Plaza On Scotts Singapore