“Personnel impeccable”

Ranked #77 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Having 2 nights to spend in Singapore, we booked this hotel. As we wanted a late check, the reception girl proposed to us a "premier" room, the additional cost included premier lounge and breakfast. The value of this option was really good. The premier room (upper floor) was OK , room was very clean even if to my taste bathroom was not up to date.
The location is very convenient , it was a good experience.
I will recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
chs-response, General Manager at Concorde Hotel Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Dear Katherine C,

Thank you so much for taking your time to share your experience with us. It is always a pleasure to receive such kind endorsement and we are glad to hear that our room and services have exceeded your expectations.

We have noted on your comments about the bathroom, and we are pleased to inform you that we are in the midst of planning for a bathroom refurbishment.

Do LIKE us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter and Instagram @Concordehotelsg as we update our fans with news and upcoming promotions. Check out our official website for best rate guaranteed.

Once again, thank you very much for your feedback and we look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Leo Llambi

Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

We will be returning to this hotel when we come back to Singapore, we stayed for three days here. The location is great very close to everything, just walk out the doors and your on the main street. Bars, shopping malls and food all close by. The staff here were always helpful and very friendly. The rooms were a really good size and bed was huge! The breakfast was amazing - make sure you get it! And try their Singapore Sling yum! Deffiantly would recomend to friends and family :)

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Amy W
chs-response, Public Relations Manager at Concorde Hotel Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Dear AmyElogan,

Thank you so much for taking your time to share your experience with us.

It is always a pleasure to receive such kind endorsement and we are glad to hear that our services have exceeded your expectations.Your kind endorsement about our hosts, location, buffets and rooms are very much appreciated.

Elyn Ong
Marketing and Communications Manager

Reviewed May 19, 2014

I recently stayed at the very well located Concorde Hotel and enjoyed our stay. At 100 Orchard rd , it is smack in the middle of everything. The Istana gardens across the road and short walk to either Dhoby Ghat or Somerset Rail Stations, MRT makes it easy to get around. Tea & Coffee facilities also made for a convenient stay. The foyer complete with Piano Bar was lit up with beautiful colour changing lighting in the evenings, the pool was convenient and I made good use of that. The Gym was way too hot, the breakfast way too expensive but the Tour director at the concierge desk the most helpful I have ever encountered., Go see Diane for a simple, direct view on seeing all the amazing sights Singapore has to offer with all budgets in mind.
Cudos to her and making our stay in Singapore a very enjoyable one.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
chs-response, Manager at Concorde Hotel Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2014

Dear KerryC13,

Thank you so much for taking your time to share your experience with us. Your kind endorsement about our location, services provided by our concierge and facilities are very much appreciated.

Reviewed May 18, 2014

People who read my reviews will know I like three things; good prices, vegetarian food and attentive staff.

I have had the pleasure of staying at the Concorde Hotel before and I can safely say that things are still just as good. The staff are attentive; but no overly so. The Breakfast Team, remember you by name and are very good at making you welcome. The reception staff will answer your questions and are very patient with explaining charges. The front door team remember you from past visits and are happy to talk while you wait for a taxi.

The breakfast caters for the Asian and European/American customers, with selections from just about everywhere. Evening meals are well catered for and the room service is exceptionally good and fast. They will make alterations to things; so if you want a "toasted sandwich with only cheese and tomato" then ask. They'll make it.

The prices are very good and I recommend you check the hotel site itself as they have special deals that may beat price comparison sites.

The only things that let them down are the room service staff who sometimes need prompting to refill the tea/coffee supplies; and the bathroom which in some places could do with a bit of maintenance as the basin in my room seems to be showing a few roughly filled chips and dents.

Room Tip: Ask for a Orchard Road view room and you can see the Changing of the Guard on the 1st Sunday of the...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
chs-response, Manager at Concorde Hotel Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Dear Mike B,

Thank you so much for taking your time to share your experience with us. We are pleased that you had a pleasant stay with us. It is always reassuring and encouraging to receive positive feedback from our guests, and I will definitely share your comments with our Hosts.

With regard to your comments about the bathroom, we have shared your feedback with our Chief Engineer so that corrective action can be taken to prevent reoccurrence.

In the meantime, do LIKE us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter and Instagram @ConcordeHotelSg as we update our fans with news and upcoming promotions. Once again, thank you so much for your feedback, and we hope that you will stay with us again on your next visit to Singapore and allow us the opportunity to serve you better.

Reviewed May 17, 2014

The Concorde is vey well located on Orchard Road - shopping heaven (or hell, depending on your point of view). There are probably more Prada shops within walking distance of here than anywhere else on earth :-) For a business traveller like me, however, the convenience for public transport was a boon. It was easy to get around from any of the several MRT stations close by.

After a long, long flight, it was just great to be welcomed with a big smile and a glass of something cool at the reception desk. Throughout my week at the Concorde, the staff were exceptional: universally courteous, and always ready to help with practical information.

I'd recommend taking, as I did, the option of an upgrade to a Premier room for S$30 per night. It was well worth it for the inclusive breakfast (which could be a room service breakfast), newspaper, free laundry of 2 items per day, use of the private lounge and fast check-out. Breakfast in the Premier lounge was based around a buffet that would satisfy both Western and Eastern tastes, though you might need to go next door to the Spices Cafe in the lobby for the full range. Some dishes like eggs were cooked to order.

A buffet dinner in the Spices Cafe was excellent, with a tremendous range of dishes, especially good fresh seafood and crustacea, but Indian and Chinese-style food as well. Probably you need to be a fish lover to really appreciate it, though.

The lobby has a sort of cafe/bar system. If you sit down, you'll be presented with the menu (but you don't need to buy, obviously). I have to say I think this is a slightly over-the-top service: there was quite a performance with bean menus, a syphon arrangement and a large bill for one cup of - admittedly fairly good - java.

The room was large and clean, well serviced and - critically for Singapore - very well air-conditioned!

All in all, the main thing I'll remember is the great quality of the service. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: I heard complaints about the noise from guests staying on the lower floors above the Spices Cafe res...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
chs-response, Manager at Concorde Hotel Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2014

Dear SkyVan,

Thank you so much for taking your time to share your experience with us.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

The staff was extremely friendly and gracious and welcoming. But that can be said about a lot of world class hotels. This was more than that. It was how uplifted I felt was every time I was served. Here are a few examples:

First, there was Diane, the woman at the tour desk. She provided maps and free passes to a museum, etc. But what I really appreciated is she seemed genuinely interested in serving my needs instead of just peddling tour packages. I couldn’t believe it. Everywhere else, the tour desks seem more interested in getting my money than in helping me make the most of the little sightseeing time I have. I didn’t get her name, but please tell her I appreciated her customized service.

Then there was Robert the concierge. I needed stamps. I described how my 5-year old granddaughter was studying the Post Office, and her teacher had requested that the parents mail letters to their children at the school address. So Robert decided my Granddaughter should have a collection of stamps that would delight the class. He carefully and painstakingly selected the stamps.

Last but not least is Ross. She was there whenever I entered Spices for morning breakfast. Ross and her staff would swing their arms leading the way to my table. Each morning I felt like a movie star on the red carpet. I could practically hear the song “Be Our Guest, Be Our Guest, Put our Service to the Test” from Disney’s Beauty & the Beast. Orchids in their place. Coffee poured. A hot plate of familiar fare, plus for me, exotic dishes. I felt like a king.

I was also impressed watching how Ross catered to the people with special dietary needs, and she addressed them by name. So I spoke up and complemented Ross. She told me how much she enjoys her work. She shared with me how she teaches her staff how important it is to help someone start their day right. Even those who got out of the wrong side of the bed. By giving them a reason to feel uplifted, who knows what the ripple effect will be for them for the rest of their day, and for everyone they encounter. What a glorious philosophy. Ross and the entire staff worked their magic on me, because I was walking on air during my whole stay in Singapore.

(PS. I selected top ratings for all the Trip Advisor categories. However, I did not use the SPA; I just don't know how to skip a rating that is not applicable in Trip Advisor.)

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
chs-response, General Manager at Concorde Hotel Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2014

Dear Lawrence P,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write to me with your kind comments and endorsement of the great hospitality you enjoyed during your week-long stay at Concorde Hotel Singapore.

Naturally, I am delighted to see that our service standards exceeded your expectations. Indeed, I am very fortunate and proud to have Hosts like Rose in Reservations, Robert at Concierge, Ross at Spices Cafe, and Diane (the lady at the tour desk) as part of our team!

Please rest assured that I will share your feedback with them and the rest of our Hosts, as everyone will be happy to know that you appreciated their services and efforts so much.

At Concorde Hotel Singapore, we believe that there is always room for further improvement, and we can all learn a lot from feedback such as yours. As such, I really appreciate your comments about what you have described as a “glorious philosophy” displayed by Ross, which made you feel like you were “walking on air” during your whole stay with us!

We would also like to take this opportunity to invite you to LIKE us on our Facebook page, as we use this channel to update our regular guests with the latest news and promotions on offer at Concorde Hotel Singapore.

Thank you once again for your very positive feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to Concorde Hotel Singapore in the near future…

Leo Llambi

Reviewed May 15, 2014

We chose this hotel mainly for its location. Though the main shopping malls are at the other end of Orchard Road, 3 metro lines join at the station here that can take you to almost everywhere in the city.
The hotel entrance, as others mentioned, is quite strange, and the facet is quite dated. But inside the hotel, the facilities are fine, not very fancy but can satisfy the basic need. Check-in and check-out was swift.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
chs-response, Public Relations Manager at Concorde Hotel Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2014

Dear FrancisandJane,

Do LIKE us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter and Instagram @ConcordeHotelSg as we update our fans with news and upcoming promotions.

Once again, thank you so much for your feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Concorde Hotel Singapore in the near future!

Elyn Ong