“Great Hotel”

Ranked #77 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
Melbourne, Australia
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Read a lot of reviews before booking this hotel and was very happy with our stay. We had 4 nights at Concorde from the 29th March and found the staff quite friendly and helpful especially Concierge.
Happy to let everybody know that the escalators are now working which takes you straight on to Orchard Road. The hotel is in a great spot central to everything. We upgraded to an Executive room for a further $20 per day and was pleased we did as it gave us extra space. The rooms are a little dated, but that sort of thing does'nt worry us as long as its clean.Breakfast was good, but found a place nearby which was better value called TCC's
The only thing that I was disappointed with was that they never supplied milk with the coffee making facilities and when I asked for it I was charged, also free wifii was questionable, Definately would stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 6th floor facing Orchard Road, no noise.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
chs-response, Manager at Concorde Hotel Singapore, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Dear JenKaye,

Thank you so much for taking your time to share your experience with us. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay at Concorde Hotel Singapore.

Your kind endorsement about our location, breakfast, and services rendered by our Hosts are very much appreciated. I will definitely share it with our Team as they will be happy to know that their services are appreciated.

Do LIKE us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter and Instagram @ConcordeHotelSg as we update our fans with news and upcoming promotions. Once again, thank you so much for your feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Concorde Hotel Singapore in the near future!

John Pang
Executive Assistant Manager
Concorde Hotel Singapore

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed April 21, 2014

This is the first time I have had a chance to stay at the Concorde, but have stayed at quite a few others along Orchard Road. The rooms are very comfortable and have a very standard layout - pretty much what you'd expect staying at a hotel along Orchard Road. The nightly live grand piano from the lobby a very nice touch and adds to the warm and very welcoming atmosphere.

There are a number of restaurants within the hotel itself which can be convenient but won't tick a box with many - considering the number of eateries in the surrounding area. Breakfast is a pleasant experience with the staff always greeting you with a smile and very accommodating. The selection of food on offer is nice but choices more limited when compared to places such as the Holiday Inn or Mandarin Orchard.

In terms of a fitness centre, the opening hours is a little restrictive (7am-8pm), especially when you are visiting on business. There is a wide range of equipment, however a number of the treadmills could be upgraded.

Overall, I had a pleasant experience and will likely be back in future.

• Stayed April 2014
chs-response, General Manager at Concorde Hotel Singapore, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Dear Tin H,

Thank you so much for your kind comments. We are pleased that you had a pleasant stay with us.

It is always reassuring and encouraging to receive positive feedback from our guests, and I will definitely share your comments with our Hosts. In the meantime, do LIKE us on facebook, or join us on twitter and Instagram at @ConcordeHotelsg, as we update our guests with the latest news and promotions at Concorde Hotel Singapore. Check out our official website for best rate guaranteed.

Once again, thank you very much for your feedback and we look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

In SIN for a 2 day business trip, however had to prematurely depart due unforeseen circumstances. The hotel is well located on 10 Orchid road and approx 20 mins from the international airport. On approach the building seems outdated and you start to realize if you have made the right decision, however things get better once your in the lobby. Very fast check in along with a refreshing welcome drink. Upgraded and was satisfied with the room on the last floor. Free and efficient wifi. The rooms are comfortable, and well maintained. On the down side, the bathroom requires a touch of modernism and the air conditioning definitely needs replacement as it's long past it's cooling days. Had the opportunity to try the room service and the food was well presented and delicious. Pleasant and efficient staff and I was satisfied with my stay. Definitely look forward to returning back!

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear T T

Thank you so much for taking your time to share your experience with us. Your kind endorsement about our location, rooms, food and Hosts are very much appreciated. I will definitely share it with our Team as they will be happy to know that their services are appreciated.

With regard to your comments about the bathroom, we are pleased to inform you that we are in the midst of planning for a bathroom refurbishment.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed April 20, 2014

I had mixed feelings whilst staying at this hotel for a one night staycation.

Check in was a nightmare. The gentleman who checked me in, Marcus, allocated me the wrong room. I had booked a room with a complimentary upgrade to an executive but was given a deluxe room. Went up to the room and discovered that there was no balcony, freaked out and went down to the check in counter again.

Marcus was simply nonchalant of his mistake and apologised insincerely.

I made a mistake of keying in as 1 guest when i reserved the room.

As I was checking in alone (my friend was late, thus checking in later), Marcus insisted that I had to pay for the additional 1 more pax of breakfast. He even went to check with reservations who also told him that breakfast for another pax would cost me more.

However, I remembered the deal I reserved entitles me breakfast for 2.

I then went up to my room and to my horror, the room was very dirty.

The carpet had stains, the balcony sandy and dirty, the room had a funky smell and the toilet was just a toilet. The balcony was bad. No view!

On the bright side, the beds & pillows were soft, the room was nicely lit and pretty modern and it also boasts a DVD player!

I then called reservations to clarified with Nadia who then assured me that I am indeed entitled breakfast for 2!

The next morning, I had the most pleasant experience for breakfast.

Good spread, good service, good ambience and most importantly, good staff!

Especially Rita!

Our host Rita was very friendly! She did the most awesome job welcoming us to the restaurant!

I requested for a late check out and was attended by Maz who willingly obliged.

I also had the opportunity to observe her while I was checking in and checking out and she was most courteous and had a very pleasant disposition!

Kudos to Nadia, Maz & Rita.

You guys made my stay a very pleasant experience despite the hiccups.

Please keep up the good work!

Overall the place was not so bad but the staff made it an awesome stay!!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
chs-response, Manager at Concorde Hotel Singapore, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear muhardi_binkairi

Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your experience at Concorde Hotel Singapore. We are sincerely concerned about your perception of our hotel, and are sorry to see that we fell short of your expectations.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the less than satisfactory experience you encountered during your last stay with us. Rest assured that your experience is in no way a reflection of the quality service standards offered at our hotel. I have shared your valuable feedback with our Front Office Manager and Housekeeping Manager for them to look into this seriously as to avoid any repetition.

On a more positive note, it is most encouraging learning that our confident host Maz, Nadia and Rita delivered warm, friendly and efficient customer care. Rest assured that I will share your feedback with them, as they will also be happy to know that his services were appreciated.

We truly value your feedback, as we believe such feedback will enable to improve our services further. I sincerely hope that despite this experience, we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Concorde Hotel Singapore again.

John Pang
Executive Assistant Manager
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Enjoy the deluxe room, great amenities, cozy room, sooooooft bed and comfy linen. Out of date with toilet, maybe need upgrade to modern style. Air con not so cool, only blower. Overall really nice to stay with Concorde Hotel. Even not modern building, but really amaze with interior when enter the lobby.

I love choices of food when breakfast!
Great and friendly staff and high speed Wi-Fi.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear ranDyfadlila,

Thank you so much for taking your time to share your experience with us. It is always a pleasure to receive such kind endorsement and we are glad to hear that our amenities, rooms and services have exceeded your expectations.

Do LIKE us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter and Instagram @Concordehotelsg as we update our fans with news and upcoming promotions. Check out our official website for best rate guaranteed.

Kunming
Reviewed April 20, 2014

I stayed in Concorde Hotel Singapore for total 4 nights in the past week. The location is great, on the Orchard Road, near the MRT station, easy for shopping and dining. The space of bath room is big. You can hear wonderful music in the lobby played by a graceful pianist in the evening.
However, the breakfast is not so abundant, not too much choice. In addition, both I and my friend in another room were bitten by mosquito this time.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side are quiter.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Songtao
chs-response, Public Relations Manager at Concorde Hotel Singapore, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Dear Songtao,

Your kind endorsement about our location and facilities is greatly appreciated.

Once again, thank you for choosing us, and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Elyn Ong
Marketing and Communications Manager
Berkshire, UK
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights as a stopover en route to Sydney. Can't fault this hotel, it is true that the exterior is a little dated and there are a variety of sex shops near one entrance but if you stick to the main front entrance to the hotel you will not encounter these. The only time we noticed was when arriving at the hotel by taxi as they use a back entrance, perhaps this could also be re-routed onto the main road?
The rooms are spacious and clean and equipped with everything you need, we were given a free upgrade too which was nice. The hotel offers great dining and a lovely spa facility, outside pool and the service from the young lady in the lobby bar is lovely, great pianist too!!
We really enjoyed Singapore and the Concorde hotel and thoroughly recommend it to you all!

Stayed April 2014
chs-response, Public Relations Manager at Concorde Hotel Singapore, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Dear tracyj99,

Thank you so much for your kind comments. We are pleased that you had a wonderful stay with us.

Elyn Ong