I stayed at the Pan Pacific Singapore for 5 nights while attending a conference at the adjacent Suntec Convention Centre. This hotel was chosen due to its Trip Advisor reports and proximity to Suntec. It is quite a few years since I last visited Singapore and the whole Marina Bay area was new to me.
From the variety of room choices available I elected to stay in a Pacific Club room on a high level floor with good views which included breakfast in the Pacfic Club or Edge restaurant, afternoon tea, evening canapes and cocktails, internet access, free soft drinks from the inroom minibar, laundry/drycleaning for 2 items per day and late checkout. My room on the 34th floor offered fantastic views across to the Marina Bay Sands complex and Singapore Flyer. The room itself was well laid out, very clean and extremely comfortable, faultless in fact. I thought the additional cost of the Pacific Club rooms was very good value.
Not being a huge breakfast fan, the range of dishes on offer at the Pacific Club lounge suited me perfectly. Lots of fresh tropical fruit, a variety of hot dishes which were different every day, muesli and cereals, pastries, cold meats and cheeses; there was something to cater for all tastes. I did have one breakfast at the Edge restaurant, which is much larger and busier than the Pacific lounge but has a massive array of choices from a number of food stations based on different cuisines; this was the most comprehensive breakfast selection I have ever encountered. The food was delicious at both the Pacific lounge and Edge.
I did not get to try any of the other restaurants in the hotel during my stay and did not get much time to sample any of the other hotel facilities but did try the evening drinks and canapes in the Pacific Club lounge on a few of the nights I was there. Again there was a good variety of dishes to sample and drinks to enjoy.
One of the things that can make (or break) a hotel stay is the people. The Pan Pacific Singapore has very good facilities and also has excellent staff to match. Every staff member I encountered was friendly, helpful and cheerful. There was always a ready smile to accompany a "good morning" or "good afternoon" from any of the staff, even when just passing in a corridor. The Pacific Club check-in and lounge staff were particularly helpful.
The Pan Pacific Singapore is one of the best hotels I have stayed in anywhere and I highly recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Marina Bay and Singapore's Central Business District, Pan Pacific Singapore provides newly-renovated rooms and suites with panoramic views of the city skyline. Linked via skybridge to three shopping malls and Suntec City Singapore International Convention and Exhibition Centre, guests will be surrounded by iconic attractions within walking distance including the ArtScience Museum, Gardens by the Bay, Marina Bay integrated resort and Esplanade - Theatres by the Bay. Leisure and business travellers will enjoy a superb choice of dining, entertainment and cultural atractions. Within the hotel, 6 signature award-winning restaurants, an outdoor swimming pool and 24-hour fitness centre offer options to dine and unwind at. The Promenade mrt station located within five minutes' walking distance offers utmost convenience and connectivity to the city and a complimentary weekday shuttle bus operates around the Marina Bay Financial Centre route. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Pan Pacific Hotels Group, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pan Pacific Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pan Pacific Singapore Hotel Singapore
- Pan Pacific Hotel Singapore
- Singapore Pan Pacific