“Comfortable 1 night stop over.”

Pan Pacific Singapore
Ranked #13 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Efficiently checked in by charming receptionist . The room was large and the bed and pillows very comfortable. The bathroom are a little on the small side but very well equipped . The air conditioning unit was quite noisy but otherwise there was no noise disturbance. The club room level rooms are worth paying for if your budget can stretch to it , the benefits that accrue are excellent , not least 2 items of laundry and 24 hour club room availability. Breakfast can be taken in the club room , afternoon tea and canapés from 6 - 8 pm. It also means there is a comfortable place to wait if flying out of the city very late.
The lifts are a little on the slow side and the outdoor swimming pool has been built in the middle of a concrete bowl which traps the heat and allows few breezes to penetrate the sun deck but apart from those 2 minor niggles I would recommend this hotel .

Room Tip: Stay in a club room if you can afford it.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
PPSINGCS, Manager at Pan Pacific Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Dear Jill O,

It was our pleasure to have you as our guests. Thank you for recognizing our effort in creating memorable hotel experiences and we shall be taking your positive and constructive feedback on board to continuously seek for improvement. We look forward to welcoming you again for another Enriching Pacific experience in the near future.

Operations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (7,889)

Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

New Harbour Studio room is very modern and well designed with an in - room bar counter where you can share a Nespreso together. It faces Marina Bay. Access to the Club Lounge on 38F with breathtaking 360 ° view of the greater Marina area. Superb service from check-in to housekeeping. Breakfast at the Edge had a fantastic array of food, from fresh noodles to nasi lemak, Indian, Western, desserts, etc. Will definitely be back for another staycation.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
PPSINGCS, Manager at Pan Pacific Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Dear Ian C,

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and we thank you for sharing your experience here on TripAdvisor. It will be our pleasure to welcoming you again for another memorable hotel experience in the near future.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

I have had the privilege and pleasure of staying at the Pan Pacific twice before.This was before the refurbishment, and after check in on Thursday 13th February I got to experience first hand what a fabulous job they have done.We were checked in in the casual atmosphere of the Atrium Bar by a charming executive by the name of Murphy.She is truly an asset to her establishment.We visit Singapore twice a year and have stayed at some very nice hotels in the city state but my wife tells me that she feels most comfortable at the Pan Pacific.
As I am still in residence I cannot say much more than to say the Marina district of Singapore is a very pleasant and exciting area to spend your valuable vacation time.

Room Tip: Higher floor to avoid noise from lobby area.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Knight59,

I am pleased to learn that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay. I am also delighted to receive accolades for a job well done, in particular, the exemplary services rendered by Murphy. This certainly spurs our team to further strive towards achieving excellence. We look forward to welcoming you again for another memorable hotel experience in the near future.

Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

At check-in the front desk was not aware that room bed was 2 twins bolted together. (We needed the 2 twins). Eventually moved to another after they eventually decided (after much promoting) not to unbolt and separate the beds.
Laundry was not completed on one occasion as requested. When prompted it came wet and unpressed.
The stay was tainted further by multiple card key failures. It's a pain to have to keep going up and down to fix this.
It took 5 attempts and several card key errors/updates to get an extension of my stay by a day. Room was not made till after prompting. I regretted this. No one seemed to know what the problem was. Unacceptable for a hotel of this class.
The Pacific Club on the 38 Level has fantastic views of the city with matching service when the staff had capacity. To be fair the hotel was at full capacity.
Food selection at the Edge is very good. It will please most people with its selection of cuisines.
However, other than dining, the experience was not on par with other 5 stars (such as the Ritz). Of the 3 managers I had to engage, 2 weren't adept at resolving issues. Disappointing. I expected much more.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Tom_Pook

Dear Tom_Pook,

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and I would like to extend my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you had. Taking your positive and constructive reviews on board, we will continue to seek for improvement upon our services and facilities. We look forward to welcoming you again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

We booked 3 panoramic view rooms just for staycation.

The rooms were beautiful - new amenities were great, from wifi to toiletries, wonderful bathroom, comfy beds etc. Not to mention the great views. I'm sure the kids enjoyed the swimming pools too.

For the adults - we're happy with the nearby shopping malls. It was a breeze to buy loads of stuff, and off load them in the hotel rooms.

If you need a short relaxing staycation in a beautiful hotel, with great restaurants and nearby shopping malls, and you happened to have some cash to spare - this might be your best choice.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
PPSINGCS, Manager at Pan Pacific Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Dear satoyuriko,

It was our pleasure to have you and your friends as our guests and I am pleased to learn that you have thoroughly enjoyed your staycation. Thank you for sharing your positive review here on TripAdvisor. We certainly look forward to welcoming you again for another memorable hotel experience in the near future.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

This was a beautiful hotel in a great location in the fascinating city of Singapore. OMG -- what a lovely city! We were there for a business conference but had several days to tour and explore during the week we were there. Loved the easy access to get to the touristy parts of Singapore. A short walk from the hotel across the bridge to the mall at Marina Bay Sands, which also houses the Casino associated with the Sands hotel across the street. Also very close to the Convention Centre -- where we caught the Hop On Hop Off buses every day -- and the subway stop. Love those subways!
We really enjoyed being able to get anywhere easily from the hotel and then coming back at the end of the day to enjoy a drink and entertainment in the lobby bar. We would often go to the little plaza behind the hotel for meals at one of the many restaurants there.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank winnipeger2

Dear winnipeger2,

I am pleased that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay at Pan Pacific Singapore. We look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable hotel experience in the near future.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

I have visited Singapore a number of times and stayed at a variety of hotels but never the Pan Pacific. I had always been put off by its location but the opening of the Circle Line on the MRT has improved this, so I gave it a go with my most recent stay. I booked a Panoramic Club Room for 4 nights from 5-9 February 2014.
If the hotel as to be judged on first impressions alone, it would have failed. Check-in was hopeless - the worst I have experienced. There are no signs (a persistent problem with this hotel) and the large concierge desk looks like reception but reception itself is strung out in several two person desks. There were only two people in front of me but it took 25 mins before I was served. Lord only knows how long I would have waited if a tour group had been in front of me! Then the lifts to the Club levels turned out to be amongst the slowest you would find. By the time I got to my room, I was't in a good mood. The room itself was small but well laid out. The "panoramic" view was of the Conrad Hotel. The room (on the 24th floor) proved to be quite noisy during the day (from outside construction) but was quiet during the night. The airconditioning was too cold for me - even when set to 24 degrees and I had to sleep with it off but this is a very personal thing.
Things did, happily, improve. Service throughout the hotel was, without exception, friendly and efficient. The room and the hotel in general was very clean. I had breakfast at the Edge because of the greater choice, which was very good, As I am an early riser and ate before 7am, there were never any crowds. I had room service one evening and it was also fine. The pool area seems small for the number of rooms but, as is usual in Singapore, there was no huge demand and there was no trouble getting a quite spot. One real plus was that the pool was open from early until late - not always the case in many hotels.
There are some odd things about the hotel that could easily be fixed. A hairdryer was supplied but no suitable plug in the bathroom. There was some notepaper but not a single pen. There was a card by the phone with extensive instructions on how to use the "Service" button on the phone but there was no service button on the phone. There was no signage anywhere about how to get to the nearest MRT station (go out on to the main road - Raffles Boulevard - turn left and keep walking for about 5mins to the Circle Line Promenade Station), nor any signage to the otherwise convenient exit to the Marina Square shops in the foyer (in the corner by the coffee shop).
The location has been improved due to the Circle Line, but is still not perfect and I would avoid this hotel if its your first stay in Singapore, unless you are happy to take taxis everywhere. Shopping in the surrounding area also seems to have deteriorated over the last few years.
Overall, check-in aside, I was satisfied with my stay and would recommend this hotel if you were either focussed on the immediate area (don't miss Gardens by the Bay!) or happy to take taxis (taxis are generally cheaper than the MRT if there is more than 3 of you). This is particularly so if you want to use a lot of hotel facilities. An alternative to consider would be a Grand Room at the Swissotel Stamford - three times the size, with balconies, views and better transport connections but worse service and in-hotel facilities.

Room Tip: If you want a view, you have to go for a harbour view room.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
5  Thank newkstar

Dear newkstar,

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and I would like to extend my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you had. Taking your constructive review on board, we will continue to seek for improvement upon our services and facilities. On a positive note, I am glad that we have met your expectations thus far and we thank you for sharing your positive comments here on TripAdvisor. The team joins me in thanking you for acknowledging our efforts. We look forward to welcoming you again in the not too distant future.