“Great hotel and location ............” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pan Pacific Singapore

Pan Pacific Singapore
Ranked #14 of 308 Hotels in Singapore
Kent, United Kingdom
“Great hotel and location ............”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

I stayed at the PP for four nights on route home to the UK from Bali and had my 40th birthday in Singapore. On arrival checking in was nice and simple and I was given a room upgrade with a balcony view over the marina, my room was on the 19th floor. The hotel is very large and very busy but this didn't bother me. My room was very large and my bed was two double kings sizes pushed together, absolutely huge. Bathroom was also big and I had a huge walk in shower..... I was very happy.

Breakfast in the morning was great, the staff at breakfast couldn't do enough for u and also arranged for me to have an early breakfast on the day I was checking out. Tip, have a coffee made for you at the juice counter, I requested a double shot latte and it was amazing.

On my second night I had an issue with the smell of smoke coming into my room from my neighbour, who was smoking in the balcony. I contact customer services and they sent security to check it out. I was immediately moved out of my room to a better one and had a member of staff help me move. The only think I would say is that this is a non smoking hotel and smoking should also be banned on the balcony to stop these matter.

The main lifts up to the rooms are outside lifts and can be a bit slow, buts that's due to there only being four of them.

The door man at the hotel Madidi was a credit to the company, very polite and helpful and always had a great big smile on his face, he made me feel very welcome.

All in all I had a great stay and would defiantly come back

Room Tip: High fool and ask for a balcony. I was in 1910 fab room.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
PPSINGCS, Manager at Pan Pacific Singapore, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear Laurie A,

Thank you for sharing your GREAT review here on TripAdvisor and I am most delighted that you have thoroughly enjoyed the stay at Pan Pacific Singapore! In particular, thank you for recognising Jumaidi for his excellent service and he too joins me in extending his gratitude for your appreciation. Taking your positive review on board, we continue to seek for improvement upon current service and facility towards achieving excellence. We hope to have another pleasure of welcoming you again in the not too distant future.

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,416)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

On previous visits to Singapore we had spread our time at either Shangri-la or Mandarin Oriental, but as we had recently joined the Global Hotels Alliance loyalty scheme we decided to give one of their Singapore member hotels a try and was very happy that we did. As we wanted a room with a balcony and a view over the Marina Bay area, we contacted the hotel and made a request which was provided to us at check in.
And it was a great room with the requested view over the Marina Bay Area including the Singapore Flyer and Singapore City skyline. Plus the room was everything we wanted, huge bed stylish bathroom, great luggage racks. But for me the best part was the shower, as well as being huge it provided three shower options, rain forest, hand held and a powerful double rose. And as a bonus it had a glass wall which provided a view over the Singapore skyline, pure heaven.
Breakfast at the Edge was very enjoyable and provided a wide range of foods, we also tried the evening buffet at the Edge and that was just magnificent offering a selection of food from fresh oysters with wasabi mayo, chili lobster tails, roast duck, smoked pork ribs, thai chicken curry, tempura prawns etc.........
Location of the hotel was excellent and was easy walk to the Marina Bay area which offers many attractions as well as several shopping malls.
All this combined with friendly and helpful staff and a reasonable tariff for Singapore provided us with a new base for future visits.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony and a view over Marina Bay area.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Longdrive
Dear Longdrive,

Thank you for choosing Pan Pacific Singapore as your preferred choice and I am most pleased that you have thoroughly enjoyed the stay. The team joins me extending our gratitude for your acknowledgement toward our effort in creating memorable hotel experiences. We certainly look forward to welcoming you again for another Enriching Pacific experience in the near future.

London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

First time that I have been here since the big upgrade, but what they have is done is very good and comfortable. The bar in the reception, with its pod is interesting and funky, give a sense of space while in a packed area. The staff are all great and help make the experience.

One word of warning the rooms do seem to have different design, a colleague staying at the same hotel on the same price had a room that was more like a suite, with a walking wardrobe, proper bath etc, while my own room had a basic wardrobe, no drawers for socks, pants, etc which is a bit odd and only a very fancy shower wet room. As I like showers that was fine for me, though if you like a bath could be a pain.

I have been here for 10 days and have another 10 days to go, and overall I am happy to stay here and would recommend it for visitors to Singapore for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: Specify whether you want a bath or shower.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank UKtravelpen
Dear UKtravelpen,

It is a pleasure to have you as our guest and I am glad that you are enjoying the stay. The team at Pan Pacific Singapore joins me in thanking you for your appreciation towards our effort. I hope you enjoy the rest of your stay too!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

Great rooms, great service, clean, lobby bar and lounge on roof were good places to kick back, nice views, good location, great beds and linens. There's lots of options in this area, but I'd definitely come back here next time i'm in Singapore.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank JeffreyBusiness
Dear JeffreyBusiness,

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and we are delighted that you have enjoyed a great stay with us. Your positive review certainly spurs us in our effort to continuously seek for improvement. The team at Pan Pacific Singapore looks forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Frankfurt am Main
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

Nothing to fault this hotel except perhaps the price, but then that is unfortunately the price of Singapore. Excellent rooms - clean and comfortable - and extensive breakfast buffet. Efficient and friendly service made it a very pleasant stay here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Simon_Claudia
Dear Simon_Claudia,

What a pleasure that you have thoroughly enjoyed the stay at Pan Pacific Singapore! The team joins me in thanking you for recognising our effort here on TripAdvisor. We look forward to welcoming you again for another memorable hotel experience in the near future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

I stayed 5 nights in November 2013. Checkin took about 5 minutes and was dealt with efficiently. My room was extremely clean and in very good decorative order. Aircon was easy to control. The power sockets take UK plugs without an adaptor. Service was consistently polite and efficient. WiFI in the room was rather weak, but a LAN connection was also provided. I found a fault with the TV remote, called reception and a member of maintenance staff appeared in about 2 minutes. My only real complaint was having to que for 10 minutes for breakfast on the last day. Not what you'd expect from a hotel at this end of the range. Anybody who suffers, as I do, from a fear of heights should take note that access to the rooms is via an outside glass elevator.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank HJWesterby
Dear HJWesterby,

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and I am glad that you have enjoyed the stay. Also note your dining experience on the last day and will be sure to take it on board for further improvement. The team at Pan Pacific Singapore looks forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Ellerbek
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

conviently located near the Marina bay, however only near shoppiing arcade within walking distance. Fast and smooth checkin in this newly renovated hotel. Had a Club room, which is more expensive than in other comparable hotel especially during weekdays. So if cou come on weekdays you might choose other good but cheaper hotels. Room itself was nicely decorated, however when moving in the complete telephone plug cover in the toilet was missing, blank wires hanging out! Was fixed soon provisional with a non-fitting plastic cover. Also the bathroom stool was a still dirty by the previous guest. This should not happen in a 5* hotel, especially not in a Club room! Breakfast in club lounge was apparently more limited than in the "public" breakfast room on 3rd floor. Cocktails and fingerfood there was great with a big view to the bay or the city. Checkout was smooth again.

Room Tip: Take a club room, however they are very expensive during weekdays.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank obrock
PPSINGCS, Manager at Pan Pacific Singapore, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear obrock,

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and we appreciate your sharing the experience. The team at Pacific Club joins me in thanking you for recognising our effort and also note the feedback on the bathroom facility for improvement. We look forward to welcoming you again for another Refreshing Pacific experience in the near future.