“Beautiful, comfortable, great location”

Pan Pacific Singapore
Ranked #13 of 306 Hotels in Singapore
Brisbane, Australia
“Beautiful, comfortable, great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

I travelled here for business a couple of weeks ago and was overall, very happy with the hotel! The check in process was unfortunately a bit of a mess, my room wasn’t ready so I was “upgraded” to a better room, however the room I’d initially booked included a single bed and my upgraded room contained 2 singles which hadn’t been converted in to a king. That was ok though, I just pushed them together when I got to the room. In addition to this, as my room wasn’t ready the gentleman serving me sat me in the foyer/bar and told me he’d let me know when my room was ready. Unfortunately they forgot about me as after over an hour later I thought I’d see what the hold up was and my room had been ready for a while but no one told me. Following this though I had no trouble at all, the room was modern and clean with a beautiful view. The coffee maker in the room was great and the internet at the hotel was fast and very reliable. The bed was incredibly comfortable!!! The best part was the breakfast. It was available during decent hours and the variety was the best I’ve seen. The staff were polite and attentive and really made the stay enjoyable. The location of the hotel was perfect for what I needed and was a few minutes walk from both Marina Square and Suntek shopping centres. I didn’t have any problems getting a taxi in the mornings from the hotel and there was always someone more than happy to help with this. Despite the rocky beginning with checking in, I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
PPSINGCS, Manager at Pan Pacific Singapore, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear treesandstars,

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and we certainly appreciate your sharing the constructive feedback with us. Rest assured that we take your feedback as a valuable learning lesson to improve upon the current experience. We will look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,453)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Oxfordshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

This was a super hotel with lovely room, view and very, very comfy bed! It was very convenient to reach shopping malls, restaurants and a pleasant walk to Clarks Quay for restaurants and Bum Boat Trip. Very helpful staff, fast check in and out. They kept our bags after check out so that we could explore more of the city before taking a late night flight. Our only criticism is that the lifts were a little slow.

Dear grantravels,

Thank you for choosing Pan Pacific Singapore as your preferred choice and I am pleased that you have thoroughly enjoyed the stay. The team at Pan Pacific Singapore looks forward to welcoming you again for another memorable hotel experience in the near future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

We stayed at this hotel whilst visiting Singapore for a few nights. The hotel is in a great location in Marina Bay area close to the Marina Bay Sand hotel and the Bay Gardens. The hotel adjoins the shopping centre (one of 50 in Singapore).
We had a club room which gave us access to the club lounge on the roof level which allowed us to take breakfast, afternoon tea and cocktails whilst overlooking the Marina Area of Singapore and over towards Clark Quay etc.

I have stayed in Singapore previously over the years and this hotel is one of the best I have used.

Comfortable rooms, friendly staff, good food with a Japanese restaurant as well as 3-4 other restaurants.

We would definitely return.

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the Club Rooms which gave us access to the top floor lounge for breakfast, after...
Dear Ractiffe,

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and I am delighted that you have thoroughly enjoyed the stay at Pan Pacific Singapore. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back for another Enriching Pacific experience in the near future.

Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

I am so glad I found the staycation package on the Pan Pac website. I had problems booking via the system but the Reservations team was prompt in their email assistance. It helped to receive a reassuring email from the Guest Care Services team a couple of days before my stay that they were anticipating me.

Check-in was slightly confusing at first because the counters were spaced out along one side of the lobby. I entered through the side door from Marina Square and missed the queue near the lobby entrance. Luckily I saw it in time before I mistakenly hijacked a counter. That would have been embarrassing! Once we got ourselves in the queue, we waited for about 5mins before we were acknowledged and directed to an empty counter. That seemed like an eternity while we were waiting, but I note that guests could help themselves to iced water/tea and apples while waiting. Also, I could tell that the team was working hard to respond to the queue, to the extend of opening up the counters at the Concierge for check-in. It would have been great if we could at least been acknowledged first so that we know we are not waiting in the wrong line. Mr. Jayrick who handled our check-in was great. He balanced a well mix of professionalism and friendliness.

Our corner room on the 16th floor was spacious considering we got a Deluxe Room. Though it didn't come with a bathtub, the three different shower heads available made up for the lack of it. The bathroom door was perplexing though - was it never been to shut properly? Because the only way I could close the bathroom doors was to get my boyfriend to push it close from outside the bathroom. There was also a damp spot on the carpet right outside the bathroom, even when we first entered it. But no big problem. I love the warmth hues of the room, the humongous comfy bed, the many storage areas (which would be great for travelers), and the amenities in the room (hairdryer, kettle and iron board all stocked).

Our staycation package came with $40 hotel credits, which we spent at the Atrium for a nightcap and bar bites. Lovely ambiance.

The package also included an international buffet breakfast and it was one of the best spread I had ever encountered. I was truly spoilt for choice - from cereals to eggs to roti prata to laksa to dim sum. Whatever you want, you are bound to find it. And who says you can't have ice cream for breakfast? Not Pan Pac :)

And no where else have I ever experienced such an efficient housekeeping team. In the one hour we were away for breakfast, our room was cleaned and tidied. This is despite the fact that we were checking out at 3pm the very same day. I am impressed.

Overall, a definitely recommendation.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jyyan,

I am delighted that you have enjoyed a memorable hotel experience with us. Taking your GREAT review on board, we continue to strive toward achieving excellence in service and facility. The team at Pan Pacific Singapore looks forward to welcoming you again for another Refreshing Pacific experience in the near future!

Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

We were here two nights before moving on to the Crowne Plaza ahead of an early morning flight. The hotel is nicely decorated and modern and we were made to feel very welcome by the nice woman who checked us in. Our room had a very large balcony with seating and an amazing view of the marina. It was a nice room with an incredible dual head shower, glass tables, and remote control drapes and a lot of lighting options. Unfortunately the lighting was limited in the bathroom and I couldn't see well enough to do my makeup in there. I was also irritated that the plugs in the bathroom can only accommodate shavers so you have to use the blow dryer in the room without the mirror. That just makes no sense to me. The other complaint I have is that every so often we would hear what sounded like a motor coming from the ceiling for about 5 minutes at a time. We think it may have been a water pipe? Not acceptable late at night or early in the morning.

Room Tip: Get a balcony
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Mahjarunner,

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and we appreciate your sharing the experience with us. The team at Pan Pacific Singapore will continuously strive towards seeking for improvement upon current facility and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

We had a four night stopover here, great city view from our room, terrific service from everyone and the room was a good size and beautifully appointed. We arrived at six in the morning, we were given an instant room check in. Breakfasts amazing, we will definately use this hotel again.

Room Tip: High floors have the best views.
Dear Denise W,

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and we appreciate your sharing the stay experience here on TripAdvisor. We will look forward to having you back for another memorable hotel experience with us in the not too distant future.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights along with my friend. The hotel is well located and nicely built. The room given to us had the pool and city view but was not very modern.The staff is very courteous specially Amanda at front office. The club named Mink is amazing and has good music playing.Would like to visit again and recommend others too.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear saurav098,

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and we are pleased that you have enjoyed your stay at Pan Pacific Singapore. We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.