Had a nice stay here. I had spent 4 months in Singapore in an apartment in 2011 and had previously stayed in a bad hotel (V hotel) and an excellent but expensive one (Raffles). So we had 6 nights here.
5 star hotel but lacks personality. The location is in between Promenade and Esplanade MRT stations and the roadside walk is not brilliant (roads without crossings). You can walk through Marina Square but it takes over 10 minutes and you always seem to have to change at Promenade or Dhoby Ghaut. So having chosen this hotel for its location we were a little disappointed. The hotel is also missing a trick here - there are exits to Marina Square and Millennia Walk on the second floor so you never go through the lobby - hence the lack of personality or buzz.
Check-in was good, although it is a little odd with the huge desks - it is a checking where you are 2 metres away from the person. The room was OK - large enough and well equipped, especially the bathroom - we were on 27th floor but a view over the city (in the haze!). Internet wifi was not very good - tended to have to go near the door to upload photos on facebook, if you used the desk, then requests often time out.
Lobby bar is good - efficient service even when busy.
Pool is nice - has shallow and deep, but for some reason the pool bar is physically separated and it would be a better setting if they were joined - it is very odd not to be able to see the pool from the poolside bar.
Check-out was not so good - 6 positions and only 1 in use. Fortunatly the guy who takes the luggage rescued the situation by radioing for help so binus points to him and not to the management
Lastly, fed up waiting for the lifts - very pretty but they take a long time to arrive
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Marina Bay and Singapore's Central Business District, Pan Pacific Singapore provides newly-renovated rooms and suites with panoramic views of the city skyline. Linked via skybridge to three shopping malls and Suntec City Singapore International Convention and Exhibition Centre, guests will be surrounded by iconic attractions within walking distance including the ArtScience Museum, Gardens by the Bay, Marina Bay integrated resort and Esplanade - Theatres by the Bay. Leisure and business travellers will enjoy a superb choice of dining, entertainment and cultural atractions. Within the hotel, 6 signature award-winning restaurants, an outdoor swimming pool and 24-hour fitness centre offer options to dine and unwind at. The Promenade mrt station located within five minutes' walking distance offers utmost convenience and connectivity to the city and a complimentary weekday shuttle bus operates around the Marina Bay Financial Centre route. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Pan Pacific Hotels Group, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pan Pacific Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pan Pacific Singapore Hotel Singapore
- Pan Pacific Hotel Singapore
- Singapore Pan Pacific