“Excellent room and service, amazing breakfast”

Pan Pacific Singapore
Ranked #13 of 319 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Can't really fault anything, especially if it's a tad cheaper. Nice city view from my room, with all the necessary modern technology (eg remote control curtain), see through bathroom with glass wall and curtain (though I wonder how many guests make use of this feature). Staff constantly smiled and were very pleasant.

But the most memorable thing from my 2-night stay is actually the mind boggling array of breakfast options. Apart from the more 'expected' Western, Chinese, Malay, peranakan dishes, there are Japanese, Thai, Indian options as well. Of course there are plenty of fresh fruits and fruit juices that get squeezed in front of your eyes. There's hot noodle counter as well, and I think I've mentioned dim sum, salad, croissant, muffins, omelettes and I can go on forever. It'll take me two weeks of daily breakfast to try them all, with overstuffed belly after each meal. Not only the quantity, the quality of the food, drinks and service is actually very good.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
PPSINGCS, Manager at Pan Pacific Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Dear Hahaboy,

What a pleasure to learn of your GREAT review here on TripAdvisor! I am thrilled to learn that you have thoroughly enjoyed the stay and the breakfast at Edge. The team at Pan Pacific Singapore joins me in thanking you for recognising our effort in providing excellent service and facility. We certainly look forward to welcoming you again for another Refreshing Pacific experience in the near future.

Operations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (8,158)

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Make the room reservation to celebrate my wedding anniversary. Hotel staff took note of it and allowed for my request of earlier check in and also gave us a cake for our celebration, it was a nice gesture from the service staff. Kudos to them. Made a reservation for lunch at the Hai Tian Lou as part of the room package, as wife wasn't feeling well, hence wanted to change the lunch to another date but wasn't allowed to due to the reason given that they need to charge the bill to the room. Feel that this is very rigid and due to that, we didn't eat much and enjoy our lunch since wife was not well. It was a dent to an otherwise pleasant stay. Nice place to stay but don't expect any flexibility from Hai Tian Lou.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear gab11,

Thank you for choosing Pan Pacific Singapore for your wedding anniversary celebration and I am glad that you have enjoyed the stay with us. On another note, it is disappointing that you did not enjoy your meal at Hai Tien Lo and would like to extend my apologies for the inconvenience you had. We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights last week. It had a total pleasant stay with helpful staff and comprehensive secretariat services provided.

I stayed on 16th floor, the view of the main street is clear and being able to overview the busiest lives of Singapore city.

The furniture in room though is a bit old but the service team are all well trained and hospitable.

I will definitely return whenever i am in Singapore.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jefferson L

Dear Jefferson L,

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and we are pleased that you have enjoyed a pleasant stay with us. Thank you for recognising our team’s effort in providing excellent service. We look forward to welcoming you again for another Refreshing Pacific experience in the near future.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Hotel was nice, price was right (compared to singapore rates), room was great, service was awesome. Frankly this was probably one of the times i had 0 problems with a hotel. The location was ok for me as train stop was like a 5 minute walk, taxis rides were decent to go anywhere in singapore. Would definitely come back next time around.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear berry332,

Thank you for choosing Pan Pacific Singapore and we are pleased that you have enjoyed a memorable hotel experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back when you next visit Singapore.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on my last stay in Singapore and was blown away by the service and the standard of quality throughout the hotel. I knew I had gotten a good hotel when I told the taxi driver where to go, he looked at me with raised eyebrows and said ‘wow’.
Located in the Marina, while it’s a short taxi ride to Orchard Road, it’s very quick and easy to get to and from the airport and to the Singapore flyer. The hotel is approx. 38 floors with several restaurants and one of the best looking bars in Singapore! Not to mention we were in Singapore for the end of Chinese New Year so there were additional decorations around the hotel which just made it more special.
On arrival, our bags were swiftly taken away (and arrived in our room maybe five minutes after us) and we were lead to one of the check-in desks. No lines any of the times I walked past since there is always an abundance of staff ready and waiting to help.
We were checked-in easily and efficiently and told we had been granted a free upgrade and lucky enough to receive a late checkout (which was fantastic since our flight wasn’t until 10.30 at night).
We had a corner room and the view was fantastic! We could see Marina Bay Sands, the Flyer lit up at night and if we squinted, the Singapore Merlion at Clarke Quay. We had a corner room so some of the view was blocked but still wonderful.
The room was immaculent and we LOVED the coffee machine. My partner is a sucker for coffee and we had to ask for refills several times for both of us (I’m a tea drinker) which was no hassle for the staff at all.
I would highly recommend the hotel to everyone and anyone! With an entrance to the Marina Square Shopping Centre, you are easily able to get to a coffee shop, the MRT and more!
A thank you to TJ who made us smile the two times we spoke to him at the concierge desk and another gentleman who’s name leaves me. We were wanting to buy a new camera and he was able to not only show us the way but give us some suggestions which only a local would know.
We WILL be staying at the Pan Pacific Singapore again and you can bet we will be seeing if there’s a Pan Pacific in the next city we travel to.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear topend_girl89,

It was our great pleasure to have you as our guest and I am delighted to learn that you have thoroughly enjoyed the stay with us. We are grateful for your sharing the Pan Pacific experience here on TripAdvisor. We certainly look forward to welcoming you again for another memorable hotel experience in the near future.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

We went to Singapore with my boyfriend last weekend only for two nights. As we did not expected much from Pan Pacific, we were very surprised. As we got in a atrium, we dropped our jaws. It looks amazing there, stuff opens you door and greets you with smile. As we were checking in, we were offered to pay 120 S$ extra per 2 people per night, including breakfast and drink. We did not take it, we regret later, because the breakfast was (50 S$ each anyway) A bit overpriced but totally worth it! Amazing selection, everything you could think of. Personal very friendly. You can eat there for a days and still get something new. Room was great, spacious and well stored. Complimentary waters, many towels , wifi everywhere in a hotel without annoying password. Ask for room in a high level and do not try to safe money on non balcony rooms. View on a city is amazing. Pool is nice and clean, with a underwater stereo system, nice surprise. Enough seats around, complementary water available in a bathrooms as well as make up removers etc. I can only recommend!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lenka V
PPSINGCS, Manager at Pan Pacific Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2013

Dear Lenka V,

What a pleasure to learn of your GREAT hotel experience here on TripAdvisor! Thank you for choosing Pan Pacific Singapore as your preferred choice and for appreciating our effort in providing excellent service and facility. Taking your positive review on board, the team continues to strive towards creating memorable hotel experiences for our guests. We look forward to having another pleasure of welcoming you in the not too distant future!

Reviewed March 6, 2013

This hotel has to have some of the more interestingly designed rooms I've ever seen. Very modern, very clean, and well-connected to the various shopping centers around town. The place almost seems too over the top- they have these non-traditional check-in counters that leave you with quite a distance between yourself and the employee- a bit awkward and hard to find at first

Anyways, it was quite the experience, probably the nicest hotel I've ever stayed at- highly recommended!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear chynak,

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and I am pleased that you have enjoyed the hotel experience with us. Pan Pacific Singapore prides itself in creating memorable hotel experiences and we are grateful for your sharing the experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future!