Pan Pacific Singapore
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Kai(Singapore)
  • Breakfast included
8,360 results
All reviewshai tien lomarina baybalcony roomthe club loungesuntec cityour honeymoonexcellent hotelbuffet breakfastlate checkhigh floorshopping mallbusiness hotelraffles hotelmrt stationorchard roadatriumgym
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Location is fantastic, short way from/to the airport. Everything you need, you'll got it. Marina Bay "activities", restaurants, bars, shopping malls, easy access to everywhere! Pan Pacific's doorman was a real gentleman. Mr. Charles, gave us a warm and pleasant welcome and took good care of our luggage. World class style atrium lobby area. We booked a "Club Room" which is located on the upper floors and also inclusive of "Club Privileges". We arrived a little bit early, around 11-12, but no problems! Check in was very easy and comfortable at the Pan Pacific Club, Mr. Gusti did nice job there and Ms. Shine served some refreshments during the check in process. They also offered us the possibility for a late check out, free of charge, of course... Our Club Room was really nice and very clean, in the bathroom good selection of high quality amenities. Room was well presented by Mr. Gusti. There was a lot of complimentaries: Nespresso coffee, chocolate, soft drinks, fresh fruits, Evian water, daily news paper, etc...! Breakfast and afternoon tea were served at the Club daily, very delicious, pleasant and relaxing experience. No hassle. Evening cocktail session at the Club (before dinner) was extremely positive surprise, pleasurable ambiance, stylish people, smooth music, REAL quality Champagne was served as "free flow" with a wide selection of different snacks and beautiful, savory "hors d'oeuvres", and always when our champagne glasses were half full, Ms. Neha came to fill them up. I would say, absolutely fabulous! Service was outstanding. Staff was very professional, helpful and polite. One more note, Raffles Hotel (nearby) is famous for Singapore Sling drinks...no need to go there anymore...Pan Pacific Club bartenders can make the best Singapore Slings ever! Been there and tried that. THANK YOU ALL, we'll be back for sure! Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Club Rooms or Suites are great! Quiet and comfy...and short way to the Club... ;-)
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sunshine1933
PPSINGCS, Manager at Pan Pacific Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Dear Sunshine1933,

What a pleasure to learn of your Pan Pacific Singapore experience! The team at Pan Pacific Singapore joins me in thanking you for appreciating our effort in creating a memorable hotel experience. In particular, I am glad to learn of your commendation towards Charles, Gusti, Shine and Neha. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future!

Reviewed February 20, 2013

It is the only place I stay in Singapore both on business and for pleasure.
My recent trips were more special because of my Platinum Status with the hotel group. Automatic upgrades to business level which comes with many benefits, including the club bar for breakfast, afternoon drinks, etc. The service is impeccable, the doorman who has been there for many years always remembers regulars, the reception staff are very helpful and go out of their way. In all the general ambience is world class.
After a long day of business it is a pleasure to relax down in the Atrium bar, the staff will strike up a friendship with you and remember your drink every time you join them. Richard who is tone of the shift managers is a gem.
I could talk for hours about this hotel, but will just say one thing, try it and I will guarantee that you wont want to go anywhere else.
They have just completed a full refurb, so I am looking forward to my next trip.
Everything is close and within walking distance... Malls, restaurants, the MTR, great views of the city and the Marina.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

Dear Rod Y,

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and we are grateful for your continued support of us. Pan Pacific Singapore prides itself in creating memorable hotel experiences through having great relationships with our guests. The team at Pan Pacific Singapore joins me in thanking you for acknowledging our efforts and, in particular, Richard’s. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the new Pan Pacific Singapore in the near future!

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Reached the hotel at 11 am on Wednesday morning . Checked in at the counter was attended by the receptionist Ms Shamini is memory serves me right. Check in was a breeze the staff was very friendly she even asked me if I wanted to have a late checkout as it could be arranged with no problems. In order for the hotel to improve check in process my particulars were requested a few days in advance by the reservation manager. The hotel lobby was attached to marina square and was walking distance to the circle line MRT station or city hall MRT via city link. The lobby was very well decorated with many seats around with Chinese new year decorations. I booked the panoramic room requesting high floor and was given the 32 level. the view i had was facing the Conrad hotel and Suntec city mall and the Kallang river. Upon entering the room i was really amazed by the condition and the cleaniness of the room. King size bed were amazing they had a nespresso machine with fully stocked minibar. Toilet had a standing shower and a separate bathtub with very nice toiletries. Enjoyed my stay in this hotel so far the best hotel that i stayed in Singapore . Upon check out the staff even said good bye to me and the bellman was very kind to even get me a cab and carry my bags , i was really impressed.I would definitely return back to this hotel.

Room Tip: Get the room view of marina bay sands with high floors.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
PPSINGCS, Manager at Pan Pacific Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

Dear mohammadshafiq,

Thank you for choosing Pan Pacific Singapore as your preferred choice in Singapore and I am glad that you have thoroughly enjoyed the stay with us. In particular, thank you for recognising Shaimini for her excellent service during check-in. The team at Pan Pacific Singapore joins me in thanking you for recognising our effort. We look forward to welcoming you back for another Refreshing Pacific experience in the near future!

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights in Feb 2013.

First the "plus points". Newly refurbished, well layed out and spacious common areas. Rooms were neat and generally tidy and spacious, though I suspect this was the "norm" when the hotel was first opened about 20 years ago. The service staff were generally courteous and smiled from time to time.

Now the "negatives", which are too many to detail here, but I'll just highlight a few. Some are relatively minor, but some are really quite unacceptable for a supposed "5-Star" Hotel. Especially in a place as competitive as singapore.

Checking in time is at 3:00pm. I arrived at almost 6pm only to realise and be told that my room was still "not ready"! As I looked around the lobby area, the hotel was not even crowded to begin with. So I was made to wait. A bad start already. Next, the reception staff clearly were very new and not well acquainted with the room features. The "new" Pan Pacific boasts of an almost paperless room with gadgets galore, but when asked for clarification, none of the reception staff knew how to deal with the equipment including removing read messages from the telephone, etc. This again was unacceptable.

Upon arrival in my room, I was dismayed that none of my requests for specific additional towels or toiletries were noted and followed through, despite having written assurance that it would be provided when I booked the room. So I had to call the housekeeping myself, which took ages for them to rectify.

The breakfast in the hotel cafe was a huge "spread", but clearly, the staff was not well organised and there were long queues to get in. Once in, you ran the risk of getting your table "taken" by other customers! I saw this with my own eyes! It was complete chaos! I was just surprised how patient and silly some customers seemed. If that happened to me, I would have created a "scene"! For such a hotel, you would not expect such poor service and dis-organisation.

Last but not least, the checking out was slow and clearly, the staff were struggling. No one "senior" enough was around the supervise.

Overall, I must say that I was very disappointed that the "new" Pan Pacific has slackened in its service standards so significantly. I had stayed in the "old" hotel before several times, and have always been quite satisfied, but this experience had made me think otherwise.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Jason C

Dear Jason C,

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest again during your recent stay and I would like to extend my sincere apologies for the less than satisfactory stay experience you had. I assure you that your feedback has been shared with the hotel management to review on the areas of concern with the respective department heads. We certainly appreciate your constructive feedback as it only serves us better in looking at the areas of shortfall to seek for improvement upon current facility and service.

Once again, thank you for sharing your insightful feedback with us and we hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to attest our improvement.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

This is our third stay in four months and have already booked to return. The hotel is excellent, one of the best in the world and has quickly become our home away from home when in Singapore. The rooms are quirkily laid out with plenty of space, plenty of light, luxury toiletries, Nespresso machines and many have bathrooms with giant tubs as well as showers.
Cannot recommend highly enough the club floor team, the club lounge facilities - food and drink - and the stunning 360 degree view of the Singapore skyline. The breakfast at The Edge restaurant is one of the best buffet spreads ever and club room guests also have the option of taking a champagne breakfast in the club lounge or having room service. This is a welcome change from many hotel chains that only allow club room guests a free continental BF in the lounge. Another nice touch is the complimentary soft drinks from the minibar. Beds are very comfortable, AC works well and is responsive and - really important to me - the blackout blinds and curtains actually do what they should.
Appreciate that we currently benefit from having GHA platinum level membership which translates into late checkout and free Internet etc but this hotel knocks spots off the Pan Pacific hotels in Perth and Kuala Lumpur in which we have also stayed.
Still waiting to try the gym and pool. Also eagerly awaiting the re-opening of Rang Mahal, the amazing Indian restaurant in the PP Singapore, which is still to see the light of day after the hotel's multi-million dollar refurbishment.
Didn't notice an IPod dock or DVD player in the rooms that we have stayed in to date and our most recent room was apparently lacking bathroom scales however to be fair we didn't request any of these items so they might well be available to those who ask.

Room Tip: A room with club floor privileges and a harbour view is the way to go. Rooms without a balcony are less noisy. Even on the 33rd floor we could hear some speeding cars from the room with the balcony door that can be opened.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear BouBali,

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and I am most pleased that you have enjoyed another memorable hotel experience with us. The team at Pan Pacific Singapore joins me in thanking you for recognising our effort. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future!