WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #14 of 309 Hotels in Singapore
Adelaide, Australia
“Still a Class Act”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

It is the only place I stay in Singapore both on business and for pleasure.
My recent trips were more special because of my Platinum Status with the hotel group. Automatic upgrades to business level which comes with many benefits, including the club bar for breakfast, afternoon drinks, etc. The service is impeccable, the doorman who has been there for many years always remembers regulars, the reception staff are very helpful and go out of their way. In all the general ambience is world class.
After a long day of business it is a pleasure to relax down in the Atrium bar, the staff will strike up a friendship with you and remember your drink every time you join them. Richard who is tone of the shift managers is a gem.
I could talk for hours about this hotel, but will just say one thing, try it and I will guarantee that you wont want to go anywhere else.
They have just completed a full refurb, so I am looking forward to my next trip.
Everything is close and within walking distance... Malls, restaurants, the MTR, great views of the city and the Marina.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PPSINGCS, Manager at Pan Pacific Singapore, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Rod Y,

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and we are grateful for your continued support of us. Pan Pacific Singapore prides itself in creating memorable hotel experiences through having great relationships with our guests. The team at Pan Pacific Singapore joins me in thanking you for acknowledging our efforts and, in particular, Richard’s. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the new Pan Pacific Singapore in the near future!

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,318)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

Reached the hotel at 11 am on Wednesday morning . Checked in at the counter was attended by the receptionist Ms Shamini is memory serves me right. Check in was a breeze the staff was very friendly she even asked me if I wanted to have a late checkout as it could be arranged with no problems. In order for the hotel to improve check in process my particulars were requested a few days in advance by the reservation manager. The hotel lobby was attached to marina square and was walking distance to the circle line MRT station or city hall MRT via city link. The lobby was very well decorated with many seats around with Chinese new year decorations. I booked the panoramic room requesting high floor and was given the 32 level. the view i had was facing the Conrad hotel and Suntec city mall and the Kallang river. Upon entering the room i was really amazed by the condition and the cleaniness of the room. King size bed were amazing they had a nespresso machine with fully stocked minibar. Toilet had a standing shower and a separate bathtub with very nice toiletries. Enjoyed my stay in this hotel so far the best hotel that i stayed in Singapore . Upon check out the staff even said good bye to me and the bellman was very kind to even get me a cab and carry my bags , i was really impressed.I would definitely return back to this hotel.

Room Tip: Get the room view of marina bay sands with high floors.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PPSINGCS, Manager at Pan Pacific Singapore, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Dear mohammadshafiq,

Thank you for choosing Pan Pacific Singapore as your preferred choice in Singapore and I am glad that you have thoroughly enjoyed the stay with us. In particular, thank you for recognising Shaimini for her excellent service during check-in. The team at Pan Pacific Singapore joins me in thanking you for recognising our effort. We look forward to welcoming you back for another Refreshing Pacific experience in the near future!

Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights in Feb 2013.

First the "plus points". Newly refurbished, well layed out and spacious common areas. Rooms were neat and generally tidy and spacious, though I suspect this was the "norm" when the hotel was first opened about 20 years ago. The service staff were generally courteous and smiled from time to time.

Now the "negatives", which are too many to detail here, but I'll just highlight a few. Some are relatively minor, but some are really quite unacceptable for a supposed "5-Star" Hotel. Especially in a place as competitive as singapore.

Checking in time is at 3:00pm. I arrived at almost 6pm only to realise and be told that my room was still "not ready"! As I looked around the lobby area, the hotel was not even crowded to begin with. So I was made to wait. A bad start already. Next, the reception staff clearly were very new and not well acquainted with the room features. The "new" Pan Pacific boasts of an almost paperless room with gadgets galore, but when asked for clarification, none of the reception staff knew how to deal with the equipment including removing read messages from the telephone, etc. This again was unacceptable.

Upon arrival in my room, I was dismayed that none of my requests for specific additional towels or toiletries were noted and followed through, despite having written assurance that it would be provided when I booked the room. So I had to call the housekeeping myself, which took ages for them to rectify.

The breakfast in the hotel cafe was a huge "spread", but clearly, the staff was not well organised and there were long queues to get in. Once in, you ran the risk of getting your table "taken" by other customers! I saw this with my own eyes! It was complete chaos! I was just surprised how patient and silly some customers seemed. If that happened to me, I would have created a "scene"! For such a hotel, you would not expect such poor service and dis-organisation.

Last but not least, the checking out was slow and clearly, the staff were struggling. No one "senior" enough was around the supervise.

Overall, I must say that I was very disappointed that the "new" Pan Pacific has slackened in its service standards so significantly. I had stayed in the "old" hotel before several times, and have always been quite satisfied, but this experience had made me think otherwise.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Jason C
Dear Jason C,

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest again during your recent stay and I would like to extend my sincere apologies for the less than satisfactory stay experience you had. I assure you that your feedback has been shared with the hotel management to review on the areas of concern with the respective department heads. We certainly appreciate your constructive feedback as it only serves us better in looking at the areas of shortfall to seek for improvement upon current facility and service.

Once again, thank you for sharing your insightful feedback with us and we hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to attest our improvement.

Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

This is our third stay in four months and have already booked to return. The hotel is excellent, one of the best in the world and has quickly become our home away from home when in Singapore. The rooms are quirkily laid out with plenty of space, plenty of light, luxury toiletries, Nespresso machines and many have bathrooms with giant tubs as well as showers.
Cannot recommend highly enough the club floor team, the club lounge facilities - food and drink - and the stunning 360 degree view of the Singapore skyline. The breakfast at The Edge restaurant is one of the best buffet spreads ever and club room guests also have the option of taking a champagne breakfast in the club lounge or having room service. This is a welcome change from many hotel chains that only allow club room guests a free continental BF in the lounge. Another nice touch is the complimentary soft drinks from the minibar. Beds are very comfortable, AC works well and is responsive and - really important to me - the blackout blinds and curtains actually do what they should.
Appreciate that we currently benefit from having GHA platinum level membership which translates into late checkout and free Internet etc but this hotel knocks spots off the Pan Pacific hotels in Perth and Kuala Lumpur in which we have also stayed.
Still waiting to try the gym and pool. Also eagerly awaiting the re-opening of Rang Mahal, the amazing Indian restaurant in the PP Singapore, which is still to see the light of day after the hotel's multi-million dollar refurbishment.
Didn't notice an IPod dock or DVD player in the rooms that we have stayed in to date and our most recent room was apparently lacking bathroom scales however to be fair we didn't request any of these items so they might well be available to those who ask.

Room Tip: A room with club floor privileges and a harbour view is the way to go. Rooms without a balcony are l...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear BouBali,

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and I am most pleased that you have enjoyed another memorable hotel experience with us. The team at Pan Pacific Singapore joins me in thanking you for recognising our effort. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future!

Maharashtra
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

I stayed here for about 2 days for business meetings. The hotel lobby is quite vast and underlines the 5-star aura. The check-in was quickly attended to even though we came in wee hours of the morning. Though it could have been smoother, as the front staff was not aware of our corporate practices. They however seem to be making good use of technology and I think that they have developed a host-desk (area) kind of capability enabling you to be services anywhere, not just the “front-desk”. The room was adequately spacious with all the expected amenities. Though I was later told by a friend who has been here before that he did not see any visible change to the room, post the recent make-over.

The best part certainly was the food options provided for the lunch buffet as well as breakfast. I had 2 lunches and both were excellent. The variety ranged from south East Asian, vegetarian, pizza-slices, sushi, salads, and the works. The dessert section was also equally appealing with ice-creams, cakes, chocolate fountain, etc. We used the bar once for a brief while and the service was prompt though we stuck to the more common drinks. Room service was efficient and so was the check-out.The location of the hotel too is good (not that anything is far off in Singapore). But with proximity to a few large malls you did not have to go too far off if you had to take a break from 5-star dining or do some shopping. The metro is not too far off for those who want to take the tube for going around. All in all a good experience and would certainly would come back for more.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
PPSINGCS, Manager at Pan Pacific Singapore, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear BizTraveler2000,

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest during your business trip to Singapore and thank you for sharing your GREAT review with us. The team at Pan Pacific Singapore joins me in thanking you for recognising our effort in creating memorable hotel experiences. In particular, I am glad that you have enjoyed the new dining experience at Edge. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back for another memorable hotel experience when you next visit Singapore!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

My fiancé and I had a wonderful one night transit in Singapore. The services and the room was wonderful. We had the best breakfast although it did cost us more than $100. I believe that it was a great place to relax and enjoy ur time. People who work around the pool was super nice and the change room was clean and spacious. Overall I love the experience I had. The price is $$$$ but it was awesome. I would recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Whateverr,

It was our pleasure to have you and your fiancé as our guest and I am pleased that you have enjoyed the one-night stay with us. We take your positive review on board in our effort to strive towards achieving excellence in service and facility. The team at Pan Pacific Singapore looks forward to welcoming you again for another Enriching hotel experience with us in the near future!

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

We recently stayed for 3 nights at the Pan Pacific and loved it. Check in was smooth, fast and friendly. The room was great - we stayed in a balcony room on 17th floor overlooking the bay. The very helpful friendly service extended right through everyone we dealt with at the hotel, the cleaning staff, bar staff, restaurant and Concierge.

We had cocktails in the bar before dinner and the service was very good - they had no problem making a cocktail for my husband that was not on the menu, and did it with a smile :)

The Edge restaurant - this was our favourite part of our stay. Breakfast was wonderful but the dinner was spectacular. We ate there for 2 of our 3 nights in Singapore and the food was beautiful - it was lovely having the chefs there explaining all their dishes. It is something that we will be talking about for a long time!

So we would definitely recommend Pan Pacific - they have certainly "got it right" regarding their hotel and service.

Room Tip: Highly recommend a balcony room
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear jules_0000,

What a pleasure to learn of your GREAT review here on TripAdvisor! We are most grateful for your appreciation towards our effort in creating memorable hotel experiences for you. I trust our team at Edge will be thrilled to learn of your dining experience and that you have loved it! We look forward to welcoming you back for another Refreshing Pacific experience in the not too distant future!